Erik's campaigns & mods

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 »

Good feedback, GabeKnight. Added to the list.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Korea/7Marines camp.

Post by GabeKnight »

7Marines Mini-Campaign, lvl4 difficulty

And again it's really a MINI campaign. I love those. THANKS, Erik. :D

Mod:
- why did you remove the supply from the TD-18 tractor?
- now I understand the change of the Willys. You've added them as transport. Good idea actually.

Screenshot 317.jpg
Screenshot 317.jpg (982.43 KiB) Viewed 1995 times

scen01
- good!!

scen02
- excellent!!
- everything working okay, very solid trigger solution with the skytrain mechanic! I'm impressed.
- Just a minor suggestion: I would remove the "check turn" condition from the sec.obj. "supply delivered" trigger. This may even be the reason why the sec.obj. counter's stuck at 0/20.

scen03
- nice!

scen04
- I think the eastern enemy supply hub should be either on the objective or at the southern edge of the map. Preferably both.
- A bit more income would be nice. They are '50 units after all!
- I would suggest either 2-3 turns more or to add another exit hex. Yeah, maybe both. :)
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Keep'em coming, GabeKnight :wink:
Erik2

Germany West 1939-40 2.4

Post by Erik2 »

Germany West 1939-40 2.4
Link updated in first post.

Pri objs now have a end-of-scenario condition to allow completion of sec objs after all pri objs are fulfilled.
Replaced unit substitutes with proper units wherever available.
Doubled German resource income.
Adjusted number of turns in some scenarios.
Changed AI Team task settings in some scenarios.
Increased AI aggression to 75 were applicable.
Fixed objs and rewards.
Specifications are acquired quicker.
A scenario Draw will now move you to the next scenario.

DanzigN:.
Fixed Kriegsmarine commander

Lodz:
Waffen SS units are now purchased.

Warsaw:
Captured artillery units are now core.

Sjælland:
The Danish Copenhagen area at-start-units are idle until turn-3.
Danish artillery reinforcements delayed by 1 turn.
Danish fighter activation delayed by 1 turn.
Halved Danish resource income.
Reduced Danish unit experience from 2 to 0 for most units.
Moved German reinforcements forward.
Added German deployment zones along the coast next to Copenhagen.
Added 200 German resources at start.
Added 7 land command points at start.

Jylland:
Added 5 Wehrmacht land command points at start.
Added 4 Waffen SS land command points at start.
Removed flags from non-objective locations.
Reduced Danish unit experience from 2 to 0 for most units.

Narvik:
Scharnhorst and Gneisenau start undeployed and may be deployed along with the destroyers.
Removed the S & G exit obj.
Added air command points when Elvenes is captured and the construction group is spawned.

Trondheim:
Added air command points when the airfield Værnes is captured.
Better handling of the emergency airstrip at Lade.
Replaced the dirt roads to pri objs Narvik and Ålesund with paved roads.
Changed climate from wet to default.
Removed some date restrictions so that German reinforcements may arrive earlier.

Bergen:
Replaced the dirt roads to pri objs Voss and Ulven with paved roads.
Added air command points when the Bømoen airstrip is constructed.
Changed climate from wet to default.

Oslo:
Moved a couple of pri objs to sec objs.
Added a few naval deployment hexes.
Most German reinforcements arrive 1 turn earlier.
kverdon
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Korea 1.2

Post by kverdon »

Erik2 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:56 pm Korea 1.2

Kondi's excellent Korea skins now work thanks to GabeKnight.
Added the Korea-land-alternate skin as default to all scenarios.
M19 GMC available as purchase for the USMC.

I was unable to spot any duplicate US AA units in the units.csv. Probably been staring at the screen for too long...
Duplicates units is on me, I missed that they are supposed to be duplicates for separate AT/AA stats. Will have to give 1.2 a try again. I downloaded it but it would not let me deploy any units.
Hubbfrosch
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Hubbfrosch »

Hi Erik,

I have some troubles in Norway...

Narvik: after the first AI-turn the game hangs... I can still use the menues but it does not switch to turn 2.

Trondheim: I tried two times to capture the coastal guns. I am not quite sure what 'capture' means... it seems only destroying them is possible.
1st attempt: one infantry spawned after parking a destroyer next to a gun. However the captured hex switched back to nowegian after leaving it.
2nd attempt: no infantry spawned at all.

I am also playing with the Gabe-Mod... I dont know whether this could be related.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Hubbfrosch

Narvik:
Played the first 5 turns, no AI hangs.
The Gabe-Mod should work fine.
Sorry, I have no idea what your issue is.

Trondheim:
The spawned Gebirgsjäger unit needs to stay on the coastal gun spot until the objective flag is fully raised.
You should see the supply go from 0 to 10.
I think this is similar to airborne units occupying an objective.

But I found and fixed an error re the spawning of GBJs at Trondheim.
(This worked earlier, the sometimes mysterious ways of OOB :roll: ).
Erik2

Germany West 1939-40 2.5

Post by Erik2 »

Germany West 1939-40 2.5

11Trondheim:
Fixed an issue with spawning Gebirgsjägers at Trondheim.
Hubbfrosch
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Hubbfrosch »

Now, in Bergen I also had a strange effect... after I captured Bergen, I got command points for the Wehrmacht, thats fine. But at the same time norwegian units recaptured Bergen, before the turn in which I could place troops. This caused some strange switching of Bergen between german - norwegian. After this, I had 225 command points and an ressource income of 174 for the Wehrmacht per turn! Also in the south-east corner there is a number of british ships, that seem to do nothing but sitting there.
GabeKnight

Korea/8Rangers

Post by GabeKnight »

8 Rangers Co Mini-Campaign

- This camp. was brutal on lvl4 difficulty. I've switched back to middle after the second scen.
- Except scen 04, all is winnable on middle difficulty, but it's still hard. Most of the suggestions are meant to make this camp. enjoyable for casual players. If you don't want that, you can keep it as is.

Mod:
- I think you could increase the foxholes' attack & defense stats a bit (+1, or even +2 maybe). They're still useless against '50 infantry in the open.
- I may have overpowered the "Mortar" inf. units. They seem too effective and well armoured when used against me :lol: . Maybe you should not give them to the enemy...

scen01
- I would suggest a bit more income (or some 50-80RP starting cash) and 2 more turns

scen02
- I would need 3 more landCP to deploy all my forces (didn't buy anything new myself)
- The SouthKoreans could also need some starting RPs (50 or so)
- You mentioned that the SK units "may take off on" me, but actually all of them fought valiantly till death. They should have been rather commended IMO. 8)
- The eastern enemy arty force is a bit strong IMO. It's generally okay, as I only have to hold two VPs at the end, but still. No way my units could withstand that much bombardment from seven or so arty units.
- overall: excellent defensive scen. It really felt like fighting for survival.

Screenshot 318.jpg
Screenshot 318.jpg (993.41 KiB) Viewed 1845 times

scen03
- you should add some starting RPs. Its a given that the player's force will be heavily damaged. Although I have to admit that in the previous scen, I've
underestimated the eastern enemy fighting strength quite a bit and even made the error to go to a small "offensive" that cost me quite some RPs...
- Still, I mean, maybe I want to add transports to my heavy inf. or something like that.
- As you have not disabled unit purchase, some arty or even an armoured unit could be very useful in my core. I know it's not intended like this and probably highly "unhistorical", but this is a game and as a player, I want to enjoy it anyway I like.
- you should definitely add 3-5 turns and more income here. I have to attack every turn or I won't make it in time. That's costly as hell. And you know how f*ing expensive those Ranger units are... :lol:

scen04
- super brutal; after restarting the scen three times (on middle difficulty!): This scen is highly unbalanced IMO. Please revisit and rework.
- I don't give this suggestion often or lightly, but here I think you should play this one yourself to see if it's really like you want it to be. It's super hard to even defend, and you expect me to counter-attack? I was lucky to not lose my last VP in 15 turns and no chance of retaking the other VP. Managed a win on turn 22 by #overtime
- Suggestion: remove the enemy Mortar units and remove at least a 1/3 of the enemy infanty units. I'm not kidding: a third. Or give me tons of arty, please.

- The sec. obj. was rather useless; like I would even deploy those fragile recons in this scen... :roll:
- on the bright side, both the win and fail prim.obj. triggers are working alright... :wink: :lol:

scen05
- you should split the enemy supply more around the N, NE and E map edges. The one huge supply hub was quickly taken in the middle of the enemy attack. Everything's over for them then.
- the two enemy arty pieces seemed a bit lost up there; I think you should assign them to one of the NE attacking teams
- nice defensive scen otherwise (I reloaded and played without capturing the supply hub)

Thanks, Erik! :D

PS: I have a strange feeling about this...I'm pretty sure I've played this campaign before. Please don't tell me that it was me who gave you some suggestions to make this campaign harder??? If I did - I overdid it... :oops: :wink: :lol:
Erik2

Korea 1.3

Post by Erik2 »

Korea 1.3

Mod:
M19 GMC, M36 Jackson and M7 Priest may be purchased by both US and USMC factions.
M42 Duster’s available date set at 1/1/1953 (they entered service later , but had been in production since early 1952). Attack data similar to M19, they both had twin 40mm guns.
Added A-1 Skyraider attack bomber.
Added 5/1 shock/assault to the F4U-4 Corsair Napalm.
Reduced inf/veh attack for the F9F Panther from 14/10 to 7/5.
Added ‘Chosin 1950 Purchase’ version.
Added supply back to the TD-18 tractor (must have removed it by accident).
Note that at least one primary objective in each scenario has a scenario end condition and thus will not get the green checkmark until the final turn.

Chosin 1950:
The carrier aircraft units are now proper types.

7 Marines mini:
02Fox:
Removed sec obj turn condition.
04Hills:
Added supply to Chinese pri obj and exit location.
Increased USMC resource income.
Added 5 more turns.
Added another an additional exit location.

Turkish 1 Bn mini:
Fixed the victory/defeat graphics.

01Wawon:
Removed one spawned US air unit.
Added transport to Chinese mortar units.

02Sinnam1:
Added a few deployment hexes.
Fixed pri obj gun exit.

03Sinnam2:
Fixed sec obj aux units.
Increased AI aggression.
Edited AI tasks.
Known issue: I’ve set Chinese guerillas and snipers to flip hex ownership, but it currently does not work.

04Kaechon:
Added more Turkish supply.

05Kumyangjang:
Added Chinese supply.
Set Chinese aggression level to 75.
Changed spawn location of Turkish raiders.
Added more turns.

89 Tank Bn mini:
01Bulge:
Added transport to North Korean mortars.

02Race:
Fixed pri obj.

03Rear:
Fixed pri obj Turkish units.
Added a couple of rivers.

05Hold:
Fixed pri obj
Added Chinese and NK resource income.
GabeKnight

Re: Korea 1.3

Post by GabeKnight »

Thanks for the updates. Incredible, you really are a work-horse... :P
Erik2 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:36 pm Known issue: I’ve set Chinese guerillas and snipers to flip hex ownership, but it currently does not work.
If you remove the "nosupply" and "nocapture" unit traits, it should work.
Hubbfrosch
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Hubbfrosch »

Hi Erik,

I have finished the Germany West 39-40 campaign. After the recent changes to the Posen-scenario the battles in poland worked nicely. They are interesting and offer different types of challenges. E.g. the crisis at the Bzura river. Or the not so historic but cool battle for Brest.

The battles in Denmark and Norway I personally did not enjoy so much. Huge maps with scattered units... it involved lots of movement with little action. Working with aircraft gets painful too.

Regarding Norway: Narvik does not work for me... it just does not switch to turn 2 (the order popup screen does not appear). I played Trondheim in the yesterday version. Spawning the th GBJ- units is still awkward. When I spawned the GBJ at the coastal guns 1st, the Trondheim units did not spawn at all. The other way around it worked well. A little text issue: the orders say "Move 1 cruiser to Trondheim port and 3 destroyers next to it."... 2 destroyers seem to be enough.

The overall ressource income during the campaign seems a bit high. I played on average difficulty and ended the campaign with ~4000 Wehrmacht ressources. (for comparison: during the Blitzkrieg --> Endsieg campaigns I was at 1000 ressources at best).

I am looking forward for the next campaign. Thanks for the good work.
airboy
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by airboy »

Erik:

Once again, thanks for sharing your work.

After I finish my current AAR (Allies Defiant) I may take a crack at your Afrika Corps campaign.

I've completed your Afrika Corps campaign twice - and have a small suggestion. Is it possible to remove the Naval Commanders from the game? They clutter up the screen, make it challenging to access some of the other commanders, and are irrelevant to the campaign itself.

Again, "small suggestion" and thanks again,
Avery
Erik2

Re: Korea 1.3

Post by Erik2 »

GabeKnight wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:22 pm Thanks for the updates. Incredible, you really are a work-horse... :P
Erik2 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:36 pm Known issue: I’ve set Chinese guerillas and snipers to flip hex ownership, but it currently does not work.
If you remove the "nosupply" and "nocapture" unit traits, it should work.
Thanks.

I know, but I do not want this as standard functionality for partisans and snipers. Just this particular scenario.
I made it work for Marine Raiders in the USMC campaign so I'm stumped that it does not work here.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Hubbfrosch

Thanks for the feedback, I've added them to a new Germany West 1939-40 list.

Yes I know, the Norway and Denmark scenarios are large, complex and differ from the original Panzer Corps medium sized scenario types.
I am Norwegian and probably went a bit overboard with these. At least it was a labor of love :D
Erik2

Korea 1.4

Post by Erik2 »

Korea 1.4

Mod:
Removed NoPurchase trait for the Sherman M4A3E8.
Fixed A-1 Skyrider.
Added F-82 Twin Mustang.

04Kongiu:
Added off-map air supply source.
GabeKnight

Re: Korea 1.4

Post by GabeKnight »

Erik2 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:04 pm Added F-82 Twin Mustang.
I've added a "preliminary" version of the P-82 to the last downloadable version of my mod. You can use it, it you want.

But it is a work-in-progress version (with no more progress planned, though): no unit pic, no shadow, the texture's too bright (alpha channel) and the propellors are looking weird...

Screenshot 323.jpg
Screenshot 323.jpg (647.69 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
GabeKnight

Korea/89 Tank Bn

Post by GabeKnight »

89 Tank Bn, lvl4 diff. (mod v1.3)

- Overall quite an easy campaign with tons of cash. This would be a nice starter for the Korea mod IMO.
- The skins work and look good

Mod:
- "mod.txt": Well, thanks for the mention, appreciated, but I think the mod's description text should not include credits but rather the version number and some info about it
- in accordance with the rest: the M41 Walker Bulldog should be 7CP; and I think I never really checked the various stats of this (new) unit. It was copy&paste, I guess. You should recheck them.
- okay, two downsides I've noticed about putting the M18/20 troops into the anti_tank class:
1) the unit models turn in slow motion
2) they can not detect concealed units (like mines and foxholes) anymore. And I think the "spotter" trait only works with the classes.txt file (This can be easily remedied, though. All you need is a new AT class for them)

scen01
- I would need one more landCP to deploy all my forces
- The skinning of the core units works, but all the spawned Shermans have none
- I think this time I have too much arty/Mortar units. How about only one unit per squad instead of two?
- There's one heavy NK arty in the center/north (near the map edge) doing nothing
- The enemy mortar teams from the western attack force arrived too late at the action (turn 9). I could just ignore them (or smash them)... They are more like engineer units, even with trucks, it takes them forever to cross difficult terrain, swamps, rivers and such. I think they would be of better use when put on the (paved) roads.
- This scen was quite on the easy side IMO. But that's not particularly bad for the first scen of a campaign....

scen02
- The city of Kipyong-Ni needs a flag (no name)!
- The engineers could use some transport
- I wasn't able to find most of the "hidden" units of the sec. obj. in time (specifically mines and foxholes). I would suggest to place them somewhere near (or onto) the main battle path, preferably near objectives and roads. I used the #orbital cheat to find them at scen end. Come on, they're all over the place! :shock:
- and the prim. objective does not trigger as complete at scen end. I got incorrectly a draw.

scen03
- air support event has no pic
- four Chinese inf. units remained static from the the NW attack force "3 Co". If they're intended as blocking force, okay.
- and again the prim. objective did not trigger as complete at scen end. I got incorrectly a draw.

A "murder of engineers" approaching from the west... Spooky!
A "murder of engineers" approaching from the west... Spooky!
Screenshot 319.jpg (982.08 KiB) Viewed 1695 times

scen04
- maybe a small event popup centering on the newly arrived planes on turn 3 could be useful. I don't need that myself as I always cycle through all active units, but someone else might not notice them sitting in the lower parts of the map...
- and as you spawn two planes at once, you should also provide two air-exit hexes :wink:
- the "Eliminate all Chinese units" sec. obj. trigger is set up wrong to also include mines. They are Chinese faction and count as land units, I guess. Make them neutral faction again and you don't have to change the trigger.
- although the mine/foxhole placement is really good here. Found them all without problems. The problem was... I had no engineers.... :lol:

scen05
- the prim.obj. FAIL trigger does not work; at least not "at all times"... :oops: :wink:
- nice

Thanks Erik! :D
The Korea mod's growing and looking good! I'm glad I could be of help with this project.
GabeKnight

Korea v1.4, supplemental

Post by GabeKnight »

I've just noticed: You've messed up the shermans in the Korea v1.4 units file a bit. The names with the suffix "_fa" are the uparmoured versions of the tanks and usually not purchaseable.

Fix:

Line 50: (m4a3_76w;241) remove nopurchase trait
Line 53: (m4a3e8_76w_fa;280) add nopurchase trait

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”