Field Glory 2 vs Pike and Shot Campaigns

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Field Glory 2 vs Pike and Shot Campaigns

Post by rbodleyscott »

Stardog765 wrote:I would like an option to disable the animation as well. Is this something that might already be in the option files somewhere?
Not currently.

By disable animations, what do you mean?

Disable waiting and melee idle animations? Disable combat animations? Disable movement animations?
Richard Bodley Scott

Stardog765
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Stardog765 »

Hey thanks for the reply.

Ah yes sorry I guess I should have been more specific, I love the battle animations I meant strictly the idle standing around groovin animations :)

Love your game!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

It might be possible for single player. For MP it would be tricky as the animations are part of the model in some cases. I will put it on the wishlist.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
RodyMetal
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by RodyMetal »

I like the P&S units graphics, looks more representative to the real number of soldiers, I was expecting that it will be same for FOG2 but with little animations and some dynamic.. I know the aim is to make closer to the miniature figures and most people like bigger visible units rather than the 1:1 scale with less graphics. However, is still better than FOG1 for sure.
Stardog765
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Stardog765 »

Thats very nice thank you for considering it.

You guys have a real classic on your hands here, I hope you all look at everyone's suggestions as respect for what we see as a great game with a great future.

If there wasn't so much future potential here people wouldn't bother :)

Yes that's code for sure you can milk up for all of our money now with DLCs :)
Stardog765
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Stardog765 »

RodyMetal wrote:I like the P&S units graphics, looks more representative to the real number of soldiers, I was expecting that it will be same for FOG2 but with little animations and some dynamic.. I know the aim is to make closer to the miniature figures and most people like bigger visible units rather than the 1:1 scale with less graphics. However, is still better than FOG1 for sure.
I am one who very much likes the little modeled soldiers as it gives painters/modders the opportunity to really make some cool looking units but I would certainly love an option for modders to change the scale of those soldiers so they were smaller and more of them. To me that would be the prefect cross between this and Pike and Shot style.

Its like the Scourge of War games, part of what makes me love those games so much is all the little soldiers.

Great discussions here!

Return to “Field of Glory II”