Adding medpacks to space-marines

leerm02
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Adding medpacks to space-marines

Post by leerm02 »

Hey everyone,
So I'm new to modding Gladius, and I just want to add something rather simple (or at least so I THOUGHT). I wanted to give space marine tactical, assault, and terminator squads access to med-packs for free, at the start of the game.

...and I honestly can't figure out how to do it!

When I try to copy the part from the guardsmen xml file about medkits (getting rid of the required tech part) then the game crashes and then reverts. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to add in some kind of space-marine tech first?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Alex20na
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Adding medpacks to space-marines

Post by Alex20na »

leerm02 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:36 pm Hey everyone,
So I'm new to modding Gladius, and I just want to add something rather simple (or at least so I THOUGHT). I wanted to give space marine tactical, assault, and terminator squads access to med-packs for free, at the start of the game.

...and I honestly can't figure out how to do it!

When I try to copy the part from the guardsmen xml file about medkits (getting rid of the required tech part) then the game crashes and then reverts. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to add in some kind of space-marine tech first?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Maybe you're not copying the right way...or if you use default notepad then it's not going to work out well, use WordPad if you can. When I modify something I get a message that tells me: "You are about the save the document in a Text-Only format, which will remove all formatting. Are you sure you want to do this? To save in other format click No.".

So I have to click "No" and save it, but here is what it looks like when I want to save it in the default format, let's take Heldrake for example:
File Name: Heldrake.xml.rtf
Save as type: Rich Text Format (RTF) (*rtf).

It's possible that your file is saved in some other format when you use default notepad and Gladius Crashes when you try to load the game because the file is broken. Watch the image, what you want to do is remove the ".rtf" from "Heldrake.xml.rtf" but leave the "Save as type: Rich Text Format (RTF) (*rtf)" as it is. Then it asks you for overwrite and you click "Yes"...and after that it will tell you again the same message as the first time about formatting...and you click YES now, because you saved it the proper way by leaving the file type as RTF but you removed ".rtf" from "Heldrake.xml.rtf".
Attachments
gladius modding help someone.PNG
gladius modding help someone.PNG (93.1 KiB) Viewed 1752 times

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Modding”