Phcas & AKRebels request units/graphics for WW1

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

EdWolffer
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Phcas & AKRebels request units/graphics for WW1

Post by EdWolffer »

Marching soldiers.jpg
Marching soldiers.jpg (805.89 KiB) Viewed 1702 times
THE WAR TO END ALL WARS
This is a new topic to request new graphics/units from Phcas & AkRebels that are during the period from 1914 to 1918.

World War I, also known as the Great War, began in 1914 after the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria. His murder catapulted into a war across Europe that lasted until 1918. During the conflict, Germany, Austria-Hungary, Bulgaria and the Ottoman Empire (the Central Powers) fought against Great Britain, France, Russia, Italy, Romania, Canada, Japan and the United States (the Allied Powers). Thanks to new military technologies and the horrors of trench warfare, World War I saw unprecedented levels of carnage and destruction. By the time the war was over and the Allied Powers claimed victory.

These were the participating countries during the conflict:

Triple Entente
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Russian Empire & French Third Republic (28 July, 1914 with the start of the war, Italy was a partner in the Triple Alliance with Germany and Austria-Hungary, but decided to remain neutral and the april 26, 1915 secret treaty between neutral Italy and the Allied forces of France, Britain, and Russia to bring Italy into World War)
The Triple Entente, describes the informal understanding between the Russian Empire, the French Third Republic, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. It was built upon the Franco-Russian Alliance of 1894, the Entente Cordiale of 1904 between Paris and London, and the Anglo-Russian Entente of 1907. It formed a powerful counterweight to the Triple Alliance of the German Empire, the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and the Kingdom of Italy. The Triple Entente, unlike the Triple Alliance or the Franco-Russian Alliance itself, was not an alliance of mutual defence.

The Franco-Japanese Treaty of 1907 was a key part of building a coalition as France took the lead in creating alliances with Japan, Russia, and (informally) with Britain. Japan wanted to raise a loan in Paris, so France made the loan contingent on a Russo-Japanese agreement and a Japanese guarantee for France's strategically vulnerable possessions in Indochina. Britain encouraged the Russo-Japanese rapprochement. Thus was built the Triple Entente coalition that fought World War I.

At the start of World War I in 1914, all three Triple Entente members entered it as Allied Powers against the Central Powers: Ottoman Turkey, Germany and Austria-Hungary. On September 4, 1914, the Triple Entente issued a declaration undertaking not to conclude a separate peace and only to demand terms of peace agreed between the three parties.

Triple Alliance
Germany, Austria-Hungary & Italy (28 July, 1914 with the start of the war, Italy was a partner in the Triple Alliance with Germany and Austria-Hungary, but decided to remain neutral and the april 26, 1915 secret treaty between neutral Italy and the Allied forces of France, Britain, and Russia to bring Italy into World War).
Later the Ottoman Empire joined the Central Powers to form the Triple Alliance with the signing of the August 1914 Turco-German Alliance. Turkey formally entered World War I on October 28, 1914.

The Triple Alliance was a defensive military alliance between Germany, Austria-Hungary, and Italy. It was formed on 20 May 1882 and renewed periodically until it expired in 1915 during World War I. Germany and Austria-Hungary had been closely allied since 1879. Italy was looking for support against France shortly after it lost North African ambitions to the French. Each member promised mutual support in the event of an attack by any other great power. The treaty provided that Germany and Austria-Hungary were to assist Italy if it was attacked by France without provocation. In turn, Italy would assist Germany if attacked by France. In the event of a war between Austria-Hungary and Russia, Italy promised to remain neutral. The existence and membership of the treaty were well known, but its exact provisions were kept secret until 1919.

When the treaty was renewed in February 1887, Italy gained an empty promise of German support of Italian colonial ambitions in North Africa in return for Italy's continued friendship. Austria-Hungary had to be pressured by German chancellor Otto von Bismarck into accepting the principles of consultation and mutual agreement with Italy on any territorial changes initiated in the Balkans or on the coasts and islands of the Adriatic and Aegean seas. Italy and Austria-Hungary did not overcome their basic conflict of interest in that region despite the treaty. In 1891, attempts were made to join Britain to the Triple Alliance, which, though unsuccessful, were widely believed to have succeeded in Russian diplomatic circles.

Shortly after renewing the Alliance in June 1902, Italy secretly extended a similar guarantee to France. By a particular agreement, neither Austria-Hungary nor Italy would change the status quo in the Balkans without previous consultation.

On 18 October 1883 Carol I of Romania, through his Prime Minister Ion C. Brătianu, had also secretly pledged to support the Triple Alliance, but he later remained neutral in the First World War due to viewing Austria-Hungary as the aggressor. On 1 November 1902, five months after the Triple Alliance was renewed, Italy reached an understanding with France that each would remain neutral in the event of an attack on the other.

When Austria-Hungary found itself at war in August 1914 with the rival Triple Entente, Italy proclaimed its neutrality, considering Austria-Hungary the aggressor. Italy also defaulted on the obligation to consult and agree to compensations before changing the status quo in the Balkans, as agreed in 1912 renewal of the Triple Alliance. Following parallel negotiation with both Triple Alliance (which aimed to keep Italy neutral) and the Triple Entente (which aimed to make Italy enter the conflict), Italy sided with the Triple Entente and declared war on Austria-Hungary.
EdWolffer

Re: Phcas & AKRebels request units/graphics for WW1

Post by EdWolffer »

Here I would like to add some suggestions for graphic units

Big Bertha
1200px-Musee-de-lArmee-IMG_0984.jpg
1200px-Musee-de-lArmee-IMG_0984.jpg (112.94 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
61rtT7s1QkL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
61rtT7s1QkL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg (99.13 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
9333102b05280697217f3434c7e8e5af--big-bertha-artworks.jpg
9333102b05280697217f3434c7e8e5af--big-bertha-artworks.jpg (28.5 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
bondjamesbond
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by bondjamesbond »

There are two mods on the theme of the First World War ! I like it from Sonja89_1 because it is done qualitatively and the scenarios are historical !
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47239
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=933237
Last edited by bondjamesbond on Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://mynickname.com/id73473
Wurschtmaxe
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Wurschtmaxe »

If you need some aircraft icons - feel free to send me a list of types 8)
EdWolffer

Post by EdWolffer »

Thank You bondjamesbond
AKRebel
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by AKRebel »

Hello Ed Wolfer,

I'm actually already working in the background on new WWI-era units. However, I am very busy professionally, so I don't have much time for the creation.
Whether I can actually finally implement this in a mod at some point is currently not for me to assess.

What is the background of your request, do you want to develop your own mod? Note that a serious development of a mod takes a lot of time and requires a lot of support. It's not just creating units, it takes a lot more from my experience...

o Integrations of sounds and animations for units
o various adjustments in the possible engine for special actions in the mod
o Creation and updating of realistic scenarios
oh and much much more...

Please don't get me wrong, I just want to point out that there is a lot of work involved in developing a new mod and there are also certain expectations of the community when it is released that should be taken into account.

Unfortunately, from my point of view, there have already been too many mayflies, if you know what I mean. What do I mean by that?
would like to say, if this is new territory for you, first set yourself small goals and gradually expand the mod further.

Best regards AKRebel
EdWolffer

Post by EdWolffer »

I have some air units in mind Wurschtmaxe

German Empire

Bombers & attack ground units
  • AEG DJ.I
  • AEG G.I
  • AEG G.II
  • AEG G.III
  • AEG G.IV
  • Gotha G.V
  • Junkers CL.I
  • Zeppelin-Staaken R.VI
bondjamesbond

Post by bondjamesbond »

EdWolffer wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:51 pm Thank You bondjamesbond
https://tvd.im/germanyimperial.html

Perhaps the creators of these two mods will allow you to use their units and decorations)

https://lparchive.org/Commander-The-Great-War/
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewfo ... 999940e3c2
https://mynickname.com/id73473

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”