Is there anyone in Customer Support ?

Having problems with the download service? Need help ordering from the Slitherine shop? Tell us your problems and we'll do what we can to help!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

mhiggins
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Is there anyone in Customer Support ?

Post by mhiggins »

It is now 24 hours since I bought and paid for CEAW. I still, after 6 emails and a forum posting, have no unlock code.

Does ANYONE care ?
Micheál Higgins
mhiggins@pobox.com

"Even without a rider, I will always be a charger of the gods,
but a man without a horse will only ever be a man."
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Sorry for the delay. Iain will be back into the office tomorrow and will hopeully be able to get you running. As far as I am aware the process for authenticating the game should be pretty automatic, so any details of how and when it failed would be useful. Be sure not to post any personal data when you do so, of course.

Cheers

Pip
mhiggins

There was a "miss" somewhere.....

Post by mhiggins »

pipfromslitherine wrote:Sorry for the delay. Iain will be back into the office tomorrow and will hopeully be able to get you running. As far as I am aware the process for authenticating the game should be pretty automatic, so any details of how and when it failed would be useful. Be sure not to post any personal data when you do so, of course.

Cheers

Pip
I bought the game from your web site, i was re-directed to DigitalRiver to pay - and did so. I got a confirmation email from DR and a link to download. I got the download and even a patch file on my system. I installed the game and the patch, double-clicked and..... am asked for a security code. Well lads, there is no code in the email from DR, there is no code on the "find my order" site at DR and there has been ZERO response from Slitherine. I have the binary, I have the debit on my credit card, but i have NO ABILITY TO PLAY THE GAME !!

EU law says that you can ding my CC 5 days prior to delivering the goods or services purchased, well goodie for you, I have a totally negative experience with Slitherine now. If you cannot provide a "key" in the next 2 hours, please credit my VISA and I will delete the currently useless CEAW from my system.
Micheál Higgins
mhiggins@pobox.com

"Even without a rider, I will always be a charger of the gods,
but a man without a horse will only ever be a man."
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am sorry you have had a negative experience. Iain, who is our point man on Digital River issues, will be back in the office tomorrow. It is unforrtunate that you have had an issue during a period he isn't available and we are sorry for the inconvenience.

As far as I understand it though, Digital River should authenticate automatically when you install and run it. The security code is just an over-ride, and that would be why you don't have it. Do you have any firewalls or resrtictive browser settings that might have prevented this process from working?

So I believe this is a DRM technical support issue. I appreciate that this doesn't help you play the game you want to play, but we will try and get you running as soon as possible.

Cheers

Pip
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Once again sorry for the delay but your system seems to have blocked the auo set up system that we use. I've replied in the other thread letting you know what information we need to get you up and running.

We have also not received any mails from you so please check you have verified yourself to our spam filter as we receive 1000 spam mails a day.
Bertrand
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Problem in delivery

Post by Bertrand »

Bonjour,

I bought three books for Field of Glory : the Gaming system, Rise of Rome and Legions Triomphant.

But I didn't receive the last book 'Legions Triomphant'.

What can I do for it ?

Thanks !
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi Bertrand - the book has not been released yet. When you ordered you were pre-ordering as stated on the product page. It will be sent out when it is released! :)
Bertrand

Post by Bertrand »

Ok I didn't read it when I ordered ... It looks like I must still wait a little ... No Barbarians on my table for a few days ...

Thanks for the reply !
fredlmckenney

Re: Is there anyone in Customer Support ?

Post by fredlmckenney »

I went to my page and all my games are gone. What happened to them? :!:
fredlmckenney

Post by fredlmckenney »

I went to my Page and all my games have disappeared...what happened?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

fredlmckenney wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:14 am I went to my Page and all my games have disappeared...what happened?
If it's not just a temporary server glitch, then you should contact support and they will be able to work out what is going on.

support@slitherine.co.uk

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Online Ordering & Support”