Bug Report Thread

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war. Experience every bone-rattling explosion and soul-crushing charge in Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector, the definitve battle-scale game of turn-based strategy and fast-paced combat that takes you to the battlefields of the 41st Millenium.
sIg3b
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Bug Report Thread

Post by sIg3b »

I encountered two bugs in pvp on the Blackstone map. One is a nuisance, the other very serious.

Nuisance bug: The tactical map has ugly black horizontal stripes and other shapes that obscure the units beneath them.
20221015140356_1.jpg
20221015140356_1.jpg (344.35 KiB) Viewed 478 times
Serious bug: An opponent`s Sanguinary Guard jumped onto a unit, then retreated into a pylon and became invulnerable! I nearly lost the game because of this. Not funny! :lol:
Pylon.jpg
Pylon.jpg (576.28 KiB) Viewed 478 times
sIg3b
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Bug Report Thread

Post by sIg3b »

Another bug: Victory Stats are messed up.
I didn´t kill 29 units in this game. There are only 20 slots. :lol:
All the kills are doubled, except for the Assault Squads. 5 1/2 kills isn´t possible, either. :lol: :lol:
And why are the Baal Predators shown in red? What makes them special?
Stats on the left side are also wrong. My Plasmancer is a great hero of the Necron cause, but he hardly killed 6 units. More like 3.
20221026220821_1.jpg
20221026220821_1.jpg (377.8 KiB) Viewed 462 times
Vaggerbond
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Vaggerbond »

I've had that same unit in the terrain bug you mentioned on this map. You can't hit them.

I've not played many games where I've experienced more bugs than this one. Here's a few I've had including the ones mentioned above (I play on PS4)

1: suddenly become unable to end turn or execute attacks or get into the abilities menu. (I found a work around for this by going into the map screen and selecting a different unit from the unit select top left, then coming back out, the buttons return)

2: same issue as above but the map button also does not respond, so you can't do the work around. I randomly pressed buttons for a while (about 30-40 seconds) and it eventually fixed it's self.

3: On the map with the water and the trees, it's crashed me out the game citing an error 3 times on that map half way through a skirmish.

4 the tutorials have two different bugs in them that have been widely reported previously. That one is a bit of a shocker considering it's many people's first experience of the game. I'd personally be prioritising a fix for that.

5: this is probably the worst of the lot. On the multiplayer hot seat the second player cannot select an army to take into battle, which means you cant start the battle, which means you cant play hot seat at all. Which is the mode I play the most. This was introduced in Dec 13th 2022 update

6: in hotseat mode the first player to deploy cannot access the game map in the deploy phase, whereas the second player to deploy can. I don't think this is deliberate (at least I can see no logical reason why this would have been programmed deliberately) both players should be able to access the map at deploy. Or neither. But the former would be better so you don't have to do a fly over of the map to figure out your tactics.
Last edited by Vaggerbond on Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vaggerbond

Post by Vaggerbond »

Regarding the end game stats screen, this is one of quite a few examples of where things aren't explained sufficiently. I can't find any info in the manual or game itself about what any of those numbers mean, so I pretty much ignore that screen.

This wouldn't be such a big problem in other types of game, but in a turn based tactical strategy game it's very important for game rules to be explained in full, can be the difference between winning and losing.

Some examples of this are charge rules & melee retaliation rules which don't appear to be explained in full anywhere.
SilentPeaches
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by SilentPeaches »

I'm on PS5 and whenever I start a battle on a special resource point in Planetary Supremacy, the map fails to load and my army is floating 😅
HbrwHmmr

Post by HbrwHmmr »

Floating Army in Planetary Supremacy: on PS4, whenever a battle loads on a resource tile, my army is floating in space and there’s no way to proceed.
Attachments
IMG_0794.jpeg
IMG_0794.jpeg (530.39 KiB) Viewed 187 times

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector”