FOG2 Medieval Open Beta v1.5.16 - changelog

Field of Glory II: Medieval

Moderator: rbodleyscott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

FOG2 Medieval Open Beta v1.5.16 - changelog

Post by rbodleyscott »

All players are invited to join the Open Beta for version 1.5.16 of FOG2 Medieval.

(Please make any comments on the Slitherine forum)

Open Beta v1.5.16

Please could people test the new map rerolls option in MP – see below.

• MP allow Map Rerolls option:
  • o There is now an option in the MP challenge setup screen to “Allow Rerolls” in Ranked custom battle challenges.
    o This is to facilitate the use of the Slitherine Elo ranking system in player-run tournaments that allow either player to reroll the map at the start of the game if they deem it unsuitable. Mechanically, this entails one player conceding the game and then the challenge being set up again.
    o If the “Allow Rerolls” option is set, concessions will be ignored for Elo ranking purposes if they occur in either player’s first 2 turns. After the first two turns, the conceding player will be considered the loser for Elo purposes.
• Field of Glory Kingdoms Beta:
  • o If you are in the Kingdoms beta, and have exported a battle, the Kingdoms Battle button will appear in the Battles menu. Click on it to play your Kingdoms battle and export the result.
    o After the battle, Kingdoms should now restart automatically if you select the appropriate option.

And for those who did not try the v1.5.15 open beta:

Open Beta Version 1.5.15

• New Army Lists:
  • o Christian Nubian 1050-1174 AD
    o Christian Nubian 1175-1500 AD
• New Time Warp Army Lists:
  • o Meroitic 280 BC – 400 AD
    o Axumite 100-970 AD
    o Beja 250-849 AD
    o Beja 850-1049 AD
    o Blemmye 298-499 AD
    o Blemmye 500-550 AD
    o Nobatae 298-499 AD
    o Nobatae 500-550 AD
    o Christian Nubian 550-1049 AD
• Other list changes:
  • o Adjusted numbers of military order knights in Crusader 1155-1291 AD list. (More Teutonic Knights, less Templar and Hospitallers at some army sizes)
    o Added one unit of Hospitaller men-at-arms to the German (Imperial) 1400-1424 AD list. These represent the military order knights (Hospitallers and some Teutonic Knights) that took part in the early stages of the Hussite Wars.
    o Bohemian Catholic allies added to German (Imperial) 1400-1424 list.
    o Serbian allies added to German (Imperial) 1425-1449 AD list. (Fought at Trnava in 1430).
    o Added Best-Equipped Cavalry to Ghaznavid and Ghurid lists.
    o Tweaked other cavalry numbers in Ghaznavid list.
    o Removed compulsory infantry from Rajput lists.
    o Tweaked cavalry in Rajput 1050-1339 and 1340-2500 lists.
• Other Time Warp list changes:
  • o Kardakes Hoplites added to Achaemenid Persian 419-329 BC list.
• Many thanks to Paul Adaway (and Steve Hales of Little Big Men Studios for shield patterns where appropriate) for all the new units/textures.

• Time Warp Unit Costs:
  • o Average Protected Warbands reduced from 54 to 51.
    o Average Lightly Protected Warbands reduced from 50 to 48.
• Campaign changes:
  • o Added Finnic Warriors to Rus and Swedish army lists for Neva stage of Alexander Nevsky campaign.
Richard Bodley Scott

tyronec
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: FOG2 Medieval Open Beta v1.5.16 - changelog

Post by tyronec »

Test done on the MP map reroll and it worked fine.
Will check again tomorrow as I think that is why I got it wrong last time - there was a some delay in the result showing up.

For the HOML the first two turns is fine, any rerolls should be done before the game is started play. I cannot speak for the TDC.

Just to say appreciate your efforts in following up with this.
I think the ELO system has added something to the game and probably that we have the most players ever in this season HOML is partly due to it.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

tyronec wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:55 am Test done on the MP map reroll and it worked fine.
Will check again tomorrow as I think that is why I got it wrong last time - there was a some delay in the result showing up.

For the HOML the first two turns is fine, any rerolls should be done before the game is started play. I cannot speak for the TDC.

Just to say appreciate your efforts in following up with this.
I think the ELO system has added something to the game and probably that we have the most players ever in this season HOML is partly due to it.
Thanks
Richard Bodley Scott

kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kronenblatt »

rbodleyscott wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:28 am
  • o There is now an option in the MP challenge setup screen to “Allow Rerolls” in Ranked custom battle challenges.
Have posted an open challenge to test Map Reroll with someone (no password, so please feel free to pick up anyone).
rbodleyscott wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:28 am
  • o Adjusted numbers of military order knights in Crusader 1155-1291 AD list. (More Teutonic Knights, less Templar and Hospitallers at some army sizes)
Also: Is the "adjusted numbers of military order knights in Crusader 1155-1291 AD list" there to stay? Then I may adjust my module for the Crown of Thorns campaign already now to reflect this.
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

kronenblatt wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:50 am Also: Is the "adjusted numbers of military order knights in Crusader 1155-1291 AD list" there to stay?
Yes
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval”