Adding and modding existing scenarios for another campaign

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

SundayGeneral
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Adding and modding existing scenarios for another campaign

Post by SundayGeneral »

Hi there,

i want to add and modify a scenario from the soviet campain (Debrecen) and put it into the grand campain (44). Unfortunatly within the campaign the game keeps switching to the soviet corps theme and background graphics.

Is there a way to edit this? I can't seem to find any option in the editor or in any of the other files so far where this scen is set to be in the soviet corps theme.

Cheers
Last edited by SundayGeneral on Mon May 13, 2024 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SundayGeneral

Re: Adding and modding existing scenarios for another campain

Post by SundayGeneral »

Can't seem to find it. Is this hardcoded in the scenario that this particular one belongs into SovietCorps or is there some textfile i have to look into?
I looked into all settings of the scenario editor, renamed everything and tried to find something into the games text-files. Nothing yet. Still the scenario works fine but is showing the soviet coprs design for the menue, start screen etc when i reload.
cw58
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Adding and modding existing scenarios for another campaign

Post by cw58 »

Hi SundayGeneral

I don't own Soviet Corps so I can't replicate what you are trying to do. I'm not even sure what it is that you're trying to do. :wink:

Let's see if I understand. So you're playing the DLC 44 East as the Germans and you want to import a scenario from Soviet Corps into the middle of your campaign? To play the scenario as the Germans or Soviets? Is it working correctly other than the Soviet theme and background?

Perhaps you could post screenshots that might help us to visualize your problem? And possibly your modded campaign file and scenario file? There are many knowledgeable modders on this forum who can probably help you if we had more information. :)
SundayGeneral

Post by SundayGeneral »

Hi, tyvm for trying to help me out!

I am playing the german campaign and have already replaced scenarios in the past with other scenarios, which i used as templates. These were all other german scenarios, i.e. the 1939 Warsaw scenario which i used to create a 1944 Warsaw scenario with more action going on to the east of the city. That worked all fine.

This time i wanted to use a scenario from SovietCorps (Debrecen) to replace the Return to Kishinev scenario. I again used it as a template because i wanted the map and changed units around again and added it to the cam file.
Again this scenario loads and works.

But the layout (aesthetics of menue and such) change from german campaign theme to the soviet one.

SundayGeneral

Post by SundayGeneral »

Scen and cam files
Attachments
Debrecin44.zip
(16.49 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
cw58

Post by cw58 »

Full disclosure: I've never tried to do what you're doing so I'm kind of flying blind here. :lol:

I had a look at the campaign file and could see no obvious mistakes or flaws there. I also loaded up the scenario in the editor and everything looked good there too.

Then I put the scenario in the custom scenario folder and ran it as a stand-alone scenario. Here's the screenshot:
debrecin44.jpg
debrecin44.jpg (814.49 KiB) Viewed 408 times
Everything looks to be normal. I'm using a UI that I've tweaked a bit so it could be a bit different from the stock UI. One thing to remember is that I don't have Soviet Corps and so I don't have all the files needed for the Soviet Corps UI.

Not knowing how your mod has been enabled or how Soviet Corps works, I will take a wild guess that there may be something in the scenario file that tells the game to load up the Soviet UI as the default.

You could try hiding your Soviet Corps folder (by renaming) so it can't find that UI and force it to use the Panzer Corps UI. It's a bit of a longshot but it's all I can think of right now. Maybe one of the other modders has experienced this type of issue before.
SundayGeneral

Post by SundayGeneral »

Thanks a lot for having a look at it.
The game switches to the soviet UI when i reload the save game. So maybe there is still some chance to find an entry in a textfile. Not sure. But i guess you are right and nothing can be done with ingame scenarios. Maybe i have to recreate the entire map by myselves , pretty much starting from scratch.

Cheers
cw58

Post by cw58 »

I just plugged your scenario into a campaign I'm playing through and I had no trouble with the UI or the Panzer Corps theme.

As there are some changes that don't take effect mid-scenario, you might try hiding the Soviet Corps UI, then loading the end of the previous scenario and going into your Debrecin scenario fresh. But anyway, best of luck to you.
SundayGeneral

Post by SundayGeneral »

Your idea with hiding the soviet corps folder does make the game use the default german UI. I renamed the sc-folder in the expansion2 folder temporarily. I am going to use your fix now.

Still hoping to find some entry in some textfile but it is possibly some entry in the scen file that just can't be helped.

Thanks for helping and Regards!
Locarnus

Post by Locarnus »

SundayGeneral wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:00 am Your idea with hiding the soviet corps folder does make the game use the default german UI. I renamed the sc-folder in the expansion2 folder temporarily. I am going to use your fix now.

Still hoping to find some entry in some textfile but it is possibly some entry in the scen file that just can't be helped.

Thanks for helping and Regards!
Hm, the problem persisting after renaming the scenario file does indicate that the scenario file itself contains some kind of flag, which makes it use the soviet theme.
Unfortunately I was not able to find such a flag after opening your provided Debrecin44 scenario file with the editor.
If I remember correctly, those DLCs with alternating UI schemes are younger than the editor, so there is a possibility that such a flag was added without editor use.

Sorry for not being able to help, I know how frustrating such limitations can be.
longer, alternative "PG" like Campaign new version 0.34 from 2011.08.02 (another bugfix & now in zip format)

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”