Unknown Option in Settings

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Unknown Option in Settings

Post by zappel »

When starting the campaign in german version (1.10 beta2) there is a unknown option IDS_CHECK_UNDO:
Settings (German Version)
Settings (German Version)
settings.png (187.01 KiB) Viewed 2295 times
What does it mean?
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: Unknown Option in Settings

Post by Rudankort »

This option is used to disable "Undo Move" command in the game.
zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel »

Ohh, a nice new option.
But for the moment I'm not sure if I'll use it :lol:.
radic202
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by radic202 »

Thanks I had no idea what it meant either.
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

Rudankort wrote:This option is used to disable "Undo Move" command in the game.
For adding the right translation:

The correct german term with the right context would be "Zug Annullierung Aus"
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

chris10 wrote:

Seriously some things should remain untranslated in German ... Zug Annulierung just sounds silly imho. :P
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

Tarrak wrote:
chris10 wrote:

Seriously some things should remain untranslated in German ... Zug Annulierung just sounds silly imho. :P
Well..it is what it is...and no..not everybody speaks english so whats the point ?...
Either you translate all or nothing..It could be "Zug Rückgangig Aus" too but for the sake of language and context correctness Annullierung is the correct term
zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel »

Just a little correction: if the option is selected the button to cancel the last action is available, so the option should only be labeled "Zug Anullierung" not "Zug Anullierung Aus". Another possibility to label the option is to use the label of the button in the game: "Aktion rückgängig machen" ("machen" should be omit, it is not necassary and sounds spare) or shorter "Rückgänig":
Undo
Undo
undo.png (68.29 KiB) Viewed 2240 times
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

zappel wrote:Just a little correction: if the option is selected the button to cancel the last action is available, so the option should only be labeled "Zug Anullierung" not "Zug Anullierung Aus".

think about it.. :wink: ...clicking the checkbox disables "Zug Annulierung" so it negates the function, therefore the context "Aus" is necessary as "Zug Annulierung" with checkbox clicked would lead to the impression that you enable "Zug Annulierung" instead of disabling it...
zappel wrote:Another possibility to label the option is to use the label of the button in the game: "Aktion rückgängig machen" ("machen" should be omit, it is not necassary and sounds spare) or shorter "Rückgänig":
undo.png
"Aktion Rückgängig" describes the "action" carried out on clicking the button whereas "Zug Annulierung" describes the very "function" to be enabled or disabled...the factual context is pretty different...some may call it semantics, I call it exact language...
zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel »

chris10 wrote:
zappel wrote:Just a little correction: if the option is selected the button to cancel the last action is available, so the option should only be labeled "Zug Anullierung" not "Zug Anullierung Aus".

think about it.. :wink: ...clicking the checkbox disables "Zug Annulierung" so it negates the function, therefore the context "Aus" is necessary as "Zug Annulierung" with checkbox clicked would lead to the impression that you enable "Zug Annulierung" instead of disabling it...

That's funny, in my version of the game (1.10 beta 2) the undo-function is available when the option is selected. So checking the option enables the undo-function ("An"/"On"), unchecking the option disables the button ("Aus"/"Off").
Propably the english version of the game could explain it better:
Settings - english
Settings - english
UndoEN.png (184.63 KiB) Viewed 2224 times
The button is labeld "Undo", not "Undo off".
chris10 wrote:
zappel wrote:Another possibility to label the option is to use the label of the button in the game: "Aktion rückgängig machen" ("machen" should be omit, it is not necassary and sounds spare) or shorter "Rückgänig":
The attachment undo.png is no longer available
"Aktion Rückgängig" describes the "action" carried out on clicking the button whereas "Zug Annulierung" describes the very "function" to be enabled or disabled...the factual context is pretty different...some may call it semantics, I call it exact language...
Wow, and now my english expires:
Ich schlage vor, die Taste in den Einstellungen genau so zu benennen, wie im Spiel. Natürlich handelt es sich nur um die Rücknahme des "Zuges" (oder vielleicht besser der "Bewegung"?) nicht aber der Anullierung einer anderen Funktion (der Angriff auf eine Einheit läßt sich nicht zurücknehmen, das Aufmunitionieren und Betanken einer Einheit läßt sich ebenfalls nicht zurücknehmen). So stimme ich vollkommen zu: "Aktion rückgängig machen" trifft es inhaltlich nicht korrekt, es kann nur der "Zug" oder die "Bewegung" rückgängig gemacht werden.
So I agree, the labeling could be more specific but I suggest, to label the option and the button in the same way.
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

:lol: ..I get the impression I did interpret something I shouldnt...so what now ?...
option check = undo enabled ?
option uncheck = undo disabled ?

then zappel- philip is correct :wink: ...
"Bewegung Rückgängig" seems even better, as you are right and attacks and other actions can not be undone

so..how about "Bewegung Rückgängig" then ?...feels good to me
zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel »

chris10 wrote:
:lol: ..I get the impression I did interpret something I shouldnt...so what now ?...
option check = undo enabled ?
option uncheck = undo disabled ?

then zappel- philip is correct :wink: ...
"Bewegung Rückgängig" seems even better, as you are right and attacks and other actions can not be undone

so..how about "Bewegung Rückgängig" then ?...feels good to me
Yes:
option check = undo enabled!
option uncheck = undo disabled!

And for you only: you missed the second ... ahh, the third 'p'. :lol:

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”