Allied: Beda Fomm

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

maho1973
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Allied: Beda Fomm

Post by maho1973 »

Beta-2 Version:
Ballacraine wrote:Simiar problem to previous scenario as in incorrectly aligned tiles on the ridges in the North East corner of the map.
Same here.
- Victory bonus (triumph 12/16) on colonel level is 2126 pp , sounds a little bit strange to me :? :?: :!:
Last edited by maho1973 on Thu May 16, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brenmusik
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Brenmusik »

Strange fuel warning.
red dot.jpg
red dot.jpg (103.58 KiB) Viewed 5870 times
Applied to both aircraft. Dots reverted to normal once airstrip was captured.
After the scenario I reloaded and played through a few turns without taking either
airstrip. The dots remained red and the fuel reduced each turn.

Italian trucks passed over "victory hexes" and some headed "north".
During the fighting Italian armour had several opportunities out flank but would always
turn inwards.
Attachments
(15.05.2013) Beda Fomm, Turn 14.zip
(58.75 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel »

Brenmusik wrote:Strange fuel warning.
After the scenario I reloaded and played through a few turns without taking either
I'm not sure if I understood right: why is the fuel warning strange? If I see it right, the airfield is not captured --> the flag is blank, so I think the red dots are right, because there is no airfield in reach before fuel will run out.
zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel »

Beta2 - Colonel - DV at turn 14

My main problem was to re-supply my units, every unit run out of ammo and then I forgot to capture the airfield in the first turn. The italian units were very passive driving criss-cross but for a tutorial mission I think this is a challenging scenario. I would not change anything.
Ballacraine
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Ballacraine »

Still no captured equipment from this scenario.

Seems very strange.

Balla :?
Brenmusik

Post by Brenmusik »

zappel wrote:
Brenmusik wrote:Strange fuel warning.
I'm not sure if I understood right: why is the fuel warning strange? If I see it right, the airfield is not captured --> the flag is blank, so I think the red dots are right, because there is no airfield in reach before fuel will run out.
".. before fuel will run out" but the fuel tanks are full (see inset) so the aircraft will not crash at the end of the 1st turn - and they didn't. It's probably because there are no "home" airfields to begin with that causes the "running out of fuel" dots to appear. It doesn't affect the game, I thought it looked a little odd that's all.
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

Beta 3. Col.
Upgrades/Purchases: none
Reserve: 1x Hur I, 1x recon
Similar to the first mission, lots of killpoints to score. Several italians were ambushed. At this moment there is nothing that can scratch the Matilda.
Losses: none, DV 13/16, 2957PP
JLChamberlain
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by JLChamberlain »

Beda Fomm
Colonel
Starting Prestige: 1168

Previous playthroughs have shown me that in this scenario, mobility is everything. So I'm leaving behind my artillery and my fighters.
Purchases: 1 Hvy Wp Infantry, 2 x Cruiser IV Tanks

Triumph: 12/16
End Prestige: 337

The first couple of times I played this map, I was confused as to what to expect from the enemy. I kept expecting them to also attack further east, so I garrisoned the airfield and Antelat. It turns out that was a waste, because the Italians never venture that far to the East. They instead funnel themselves through the two roads on the West coast. I wish that were more clearly explained in the briefing. It would also help if there wasn't a huge force in the northeast corner acting as a red herring - I kept expecting it to attack south.

Getting to the coast ahead of the Italians isn't a challenge at all, particularly for your recon units and Cruiser tanks.

I will say I appreciated the Chevy-WB's ability to switch to LRDG infantry - those infantry have a surprising amount of staying power in a fight.
okiemcguire
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by okiemcguire »

Beda Fomm - Beta 3

Level: General
Prestige Begin: 3774 Deploy: 2576 End: 2756 Victory: +1363 (Seems an odd amount)
Results: Triumph 13/16

OS All units to 11-12

Southern force to Sidi Saleh, Airfield, and then north to The Pimple.

Northern Force to the Airfield and the Beda Fomm.

Both forces set up a defensive posture backed by artillery. The Italians would though them selves against it. Used the recons in the rear of each force to dash out and clean up any partial forces and then return. This is ready for production.
Attachments
(20.05.2013) Beda Fomm, Turn 13.zip
(58.32 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
maho1973

Post by maho1973 »

Beta-3 - colonel level - triumph 12/16 - prestige: 1286 (start, after purchases) / 1576 (end) + 2182 (victory bonus)
purchases: hw infantry + bren, bristol beaufighter mk I
maho1973 wrote:Beta-2 Version:
Ballacraine wrote:Simiar problem to previous scenario as in incorrectly aligned tiles on the ridges in the North East corner of the map.
Same here.
- Victory bonus (triumph 12/16) on colonel level is 2182 pp , sounds a little bit strange to me :? :?: :!:
- Beda Fomm and The Pimple are VHs! but I only got 84 pp for Beda Fomm and 83 pp for The Pimple instead of 100 :shock:
- For the airfield (22,23) and Sidi Saleh I got only 41 pp (each) instead of 50 :?
- For the airfield (12,30) I got 141 pp :shock:
(22.05.2013) Beda Fomm, Runde 12.rar
(39.57 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
Raven_427
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Raven_427 »

It's been surprising for me, to read about people having problems with this one. But perhaps, just doing what the briefing told is the way to an easy scenario. At some point, i've felt pity for those poor italians, being butchered. Of course, there have been some damage to my 3 tanks and the 2 recons, but nothing serious. Not encountering italian air force is well fitting to this one. I'd expect any living pilot, trying the direct way to Sicily instead of running south. But does a new player expect that too? Or will he bring some useless AA into that scenario?

- at first, i've been confused about the direction, the italians are running. Historically, i've been expecting them from the north, but the first infantry i've spotted has the opposite direction. One turn later, things have been clear.
- Briefing gave perfect hints on what to do .. even the perfect positions where they should be encountered are marked. Makes things to easy .. perhaps 2 or 3 units, coming another way would spice things up? They could very well be silver units, not counting on the DV ... but that way, having a garrison in Antelat or securing the airfield would make sense?
- My Cruiser Mk IV received a hero with +1 movement. Ok, things have been that way before (Panther), but a tank with 7 movement points .. hmmm ....
- From urans posting i understand the reason for those stationary units in the north east .. but i'd remove them. Briefing told us of all italians running .. so there's no reason for them standing there. Just my 2ct.

Still waiting on my first SE Unit
wargovichr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by wargovichr »

I wanted to deploy 5 air units bit there were only three air deployment hexes (?). Why?
aleugen
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by aleugen »

Got to play this last week - on 1.2 RC1

Played as part of allied campaign - Colonel level - feels way too easy because the Italians come in (slow) waves and always along the coast.
Have to admit, my tiem is very limited these days so I did not check history book for the facts.

Played second time as scenario from Axis side: pretty easy to break through if you get to assemble 6-8 tanks together and hit one allied unit after another.

I feel there could be exit hexes added on the south side (like in another 1st campaign level where the Allies have to retread every few turns and exit the map with as much of core force as possible). This would give the Italians something to run for and a clear way to save those 10 units required by the briefing. Eventually those may only become active after a certain turn or something.
danijocker90

Post by danijocker90 »

Lost 1 tank & 2 recons with 2 heroes each...this battle was hard in terms of experience costs, lets see what happens now that german AK are near

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”