Few suggestions

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

JaM2013
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Few suggestions

Post by JaM2013 »

Have few suggestions for you guys for possible game improvements.

- Rarity values - Rare tanks and units should have somehow restricted availability. Limits should not be fixed but if Player wants to more units of certain type, he would have to sacrifice prestige points to recruit more units of certain type. cost could go up for each such unit purchased, instead of just giving these units higher original cost. so for example, player would be able to recruit single PzIII in Poland, but would have to pay let say +50% more for a second one than original cost. if he buys third, cost would be double..

- Reliability values - unit movement should be also restricted by overall reliability. In case some unit has bad reliability, there should be some percentage chance this unit might lose all fuel for a turn, so player would have to "refuel" it to fix it. This would make those less powerful but more reliable tanks like PzIV more useful than strong Panthers which had a lot of mechanical issues.
Another option would be to decrease unit strength by 1 point if reliability check fails, simulating breakdowns. This way player would lose strength during movement with unreliable tanks, so he would have to replenish them more often.

- Aircraft Ceiling - planes optimized for high ceiling would have initiative bonus over planes with lower ceiling, but they would get spotting and ground attack penalty for the same reason.

-Defensive fire for antitank guns - Antitank guns could have supportive fire against attacking armored vehicles in case they are attacking unit close to them (next hex). This would allow to create realistic defensive lines where antitank guns would support infantry units as they were in real life. player would have an option to either put infantry in front of antitank gun (so it could support them with direct fire if attacked by tanks) or put there artillery unit which would support them with indirect fire.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Few suggestions

Post by goose_2 »

JaM2013 wrote:Have few suggestions for you guys for possible game improvements.

- Rarity values - Rare tanks and units should have somehow restricted availability. Limits should not be fixed but if Player wants to more units of certain type, he would have to sacrifice prestige points to recruit more units of certain type. cost could go up for each such unit purchased, instead of just giving these units higher original cost. so for example, player would be able to recruit single PzIII in Poland, but would have to pay let say +50% more for a second one than original cost. if he buys third, cost would be double..

This is a great idea and one that has me salivating on the additional complexity this alone would add to the game.

I like your other ideas, but this idea alone would force a player to really consider upgrading tanks and other units based on the additional cost each upgrade would cost them.

This would help in an overall historical context.

I am still playing mostly people but these ideas on this forum will really enhance my replay of the actual game as I am playing a blind playthrough of the Grand Campaign doing everything I can not to make stupid errors. :-)

Thanks for this idea post.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
MartyWard
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by MartyWard »

You already can make units as rare as you want. Just only buy 1.

I like the idea of AT defensive fire. Since they were generally spread out for support it seems like this would be a better representation of how they were used as opposed to an entire unit of AT guns holding a stretch of the front.
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

Defensive fire for AT guns does sound a good way to make AT much more attractive. It works well for AA, especially with the 1.2 experience adjustments, and the extra ammo of the towed AT gives them an edge over the SP ones.

For the availability, I'd rather get round that by giving special reward or auxiliary units before they become available to purchase. This is done already eg Stug A in one of the French scenarios, the experimental TaH in Messina, and the auxiliary SE Panzer 3L (or is it M?) in one of the 43 East Scenarios. But it's not that hard to create a new unit, the Panzer IVGa that is more expensive than the standard Panzer IVG but is available for (say) six months and is then replaced by the Panzer IVG which has normal stats.

In the scenario editor you can assign 'unique' status, 'no replacement' values, so maybe one of the more experienced modders could say if these can be assigned to units in the equipment file.
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

There needs to be two traits added.
One for beserk, where the AI will attack at bad odds and reliability where is would reduce fuel or movement.

This and re-programing the AI to fire artillery first and also giving them more spoters and the AI will be tough to beat.
JaM2013

Post by JaM2013 »

Also i think it wouldn't hurt if there were actually two different Air Attack values for fighters in place - one value for fighter against fighter combat, and another for fighter against bomber. In reality, it was a huge difference between weapon effectivity against different targets. While against bombers, having heavy autocannons (with relatively low rate of fire and lower muzzle velocity) was important because of their superior destructiveness, against fighters it was more important to have fast firing gun with high velocity, as target only passed the crosshair for few seconds and it was important to hit it with most projectiles. It was for this reason why US Airforce stayed with its battery of 6-8 M2 .50cals, as they were allowing their fighters to effectively engage german planes, where German fighters would have hard time to use their heavy 30mm autocannon (BF109K) with limited ammo against fast allied fighers.. which meant that at some point they end up facing allied fighter with 8xHMG with just 2x 13mm HMG...

This second stat could be also used for AA, where again, you have two different things happening - low level tactical bombers, and high flying level bombers. Level bombers would be untouchable by small caliber AA systems, and would be only touchable by heavy AA guns, while low level tactical bombers would be opposite. In this situation, heavy AA would have good "bomber" attack, and low "Fighter" attack, while small caliber AA would be opposite. This way, tactical bombers and fighter-bombers would "fly low" and be punishable by small caliber AA, but not by heavy AA.
Iscaran
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Iscaran »

Also i think it wouldn't hurt if there were actually two different Air Attack values for fighters in place - one value for fighter against fighter combat, and another for fighter against bomber.
THAT- would IMO be a really nice thing. Similar to SA/HA values or CD values.

Probably even more useful would be to have different Defense values for aircraft...1 vs ground / 1 vs fighters.

I also like the idea of defensive fire for TOWED AT-guns. At least for adjacent Hexes (where both the attacked unit AND TD are only 1 hex away - maybe some stronger towed guns could also have the normal like artillery defensive fire mode).
edahl1980
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by edahl1980 »

You guys realize this game have been abandoned for over a year, right?
Any changes at this point must be modded in.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

TigerIII wrote:You guys realize this game have been abandoned for over a year, right?
Abandoned!?!

What are you talking about?

I just got this game and am hopeful that they will be doing Soviet Corps soon and I still plan on getting Africa Corps and Allied Corps.

This game has so many places it can go and I am hopeful the designers continue on milking people like me with their products.
goose_2

sn0wball
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by sn0wball »

Iscaran wrote:
Also i think it wouldn't hurt if there were actually two different Air Attack values for fighters in place - one value for fighter against fighter combat, and another for fighter against bomber.
THAT- would IMO be a really nice thing. Similar to SA/HA values or CD values.

Probably even more useful would be to have different Defense values for aircraft...1 vs ground / 1 vs fighters.

I also like the idea of defensive fire for TOWED AT-guns. At least for adjacent Hexes (where both the attacked unit AND TD are only 1 hex away - maybe some stronger towed guns could also have the normal like artillery defensive fire mode).
I remeber having played a PGII mod with defensive AT guns. It should be restricted to attackers which the gun can reach, though.
JaM2013

Post by JaM2013 »

Another suggestion is regarding unit stats. Right now, if Unit gain a hero, its stats are not increased by the bonuses hero provides. I think it would be a bit clearer if these bonuses were added to the base stats for that particular unit so player could quickly see the overall picture immediately. (maybe using a different font for increased stats?)
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

^ There is a solution for that.

Hover your mouse on the right menu with the unit window open. Hover it over the hero.
edahl1980

Post by edahl1980 »

goose_2 wrote:
TigerIII wrote:You guys realize this game have been abandoned for over a year, right?
Abandoned!?!

I just got this game and am hopeful that they will be doing Soviet Corps soon and I still plan on getting Africa Corps and Allied Corps.

This game has so many places it can go and I am hopeful the designers continue on milking people like me with their products.
This game has not been updated or changed in any way in over a year.
And the makers moved on to other games.
But ya, we been hearing about Soviet Corps for over 2 years...
MartyWard

Post by MartyWard »

TigerIII wrote:
goose_2 wrote:
Abandoned!?!

This game has not been updated or changed in any way in over a year.
And the makers moved on to other games.
But ya, we been hearing about Soviet Corps for over 2 years...
There are not a lot of bugs left so there is no need for the designers to update it again. It's not abandon, it bug free.

For sure they aren't going to change the game much now but if Soviet Corps has some of the changes suggested then perhaps they can be modded into PC.
edahl1980

Post by edahl1980 »

IF they release Soviet corps it will be a quick $$$.
Basically PC, but from Soviet side.

Its been 4 years since this game came out.
MartyWard

Post by MartyWard »

TigerIII wrote:IF they release Soviet corps it will be a quick $$$.
Basically PC, but from Soviet side.

Its been 4 years since this game came out.
True but just last year they issued a major update that changed the way the game played. I don't think we will see anything like that for PC again as it is pretty solid and the change turned off a lot of people. At least you could revert back to the previous version easily.
hs1611
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by hs1611 »

Maybe this and other suggestions can be used for Panzer Corps 2.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

hs1611 wrote:Maybe this and other suggestions can be used for Panzer Corps 2.

Is there any talk of Panzer Corps 2?

Is there no way they will ever release a Soviet Corps??

I am one of those kind of people who would be ecstatic for a cash grab from these makers of this very fun game.
goose_2

hs1611

Post by hs1611 »

Yeah!

I'm still waiting for Soviet Corps too.

As for PzC 2, there are no news, rumors or hints. I just think it might be a good idea.
edahl1980

Post by edahl1980 »

This game has not used up all of its potential yet.
There is the possibility of Soviet corps and Pacific corps.

But i dont know how much of a success this game was originally?

Personally i am waiting for hearts of iron IV now.

Return to “Panzer Corps”