Why bother

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
Waltero
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Why bother

Post by Waltero »

Could you please fix, check do something about lost games!

Players are Resigning games that they are losing. I would have no problem with this except for the fact that no points are awarded!!!
I have a hard time believing I am the only one effected by this. This is not fun anymore... I'm out. :P

Be a dick- Resign before your opponent wins the game. 6 times now...Track that!

P.S. I am resigning all games.
Last edited by Waltero on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why bother

Post by pipfromslitherine »

I assume you are talking about in tournament matches?

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

no standard online games
Igorputski
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Igorputski »

This is the reason why I quit playing multiplayer games online a long long time ago. Quitting if you are losing and hacking the game for leader board stats or just malicious stuff in the games. I use to play on MPlayer and Ten net and this happened all the time. I can't believe in all these years the developers haven't done something about this yet. If you quit or drop you have so many minutes to get back like 5 or 10 maybe. After that the other player should be awarded victory points no matter what happened to the other dweeb.

But, if this becomes a reocurring habit then there should be something that puts a flag on the player winning all the time. There's a possibility of an exploit here by having a friend or even a second computer with a second account and letting the one player win all the time. If I can think it I know it can be done. Well, most things anyways. To fix this I think a all random multiplayer player picks are in order. You never know who you're going to be playing next. A random que by your level and skill willl always be picked for you. You can play your fiends but not on the leader board multiplayer games online.
nostradunwhich
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by nostradunwhich »

Igorputski wrote:There's a possibility of an exploit here by having a friend or even a second computer with a second account and letting the one player win all the time. If I can think it I know it can be done. Well, most things anyways. To fix this I think a all random multiplayer player picks are in order. You never know who you're going to be playing next. A random que by your level and skill willl always be picked for you. You can play your fiends but not on the leader board multiplayer games online.
I understand your concern, but I have a counter-point: I use MPlayer to play games of HoN against distant friends whom I otherwise could not play a game of HoN at the same table. I do not want to lose that option -- but give me an option to play that awards no points and I will be happy :)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

HI guys

it feels like quitting a game should act as a loss and a win should be awarded to the other player. The ranking is a bit of fun so if people want to cheat to climb it, there is a limit to what we can do to prevent it. Adding a tournament mode of some sort later for more serious competition and random draw is definitely something we'd like to look at. For now I think the first step is to award a win when someone resigns but we'll discuss with the team.
MarvinC
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by MarvinC »

I have played a couple of times with WalterO and all of a sudden the last game just quit. I'm still waiting for him to play his turn.
Uncle_Joe
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Uncle_Joe »

I have played a couple of times with WalterO and all of a sudden the last game just quit. I'm still waiting for him to play his turn.
From one of his posts it sounded like he was done playing the game (at least for now). I haven't seen a post from him since. I imagine he took his score/rank pretty seriously and was not happy with the bugs or design issues surrounding MP.

Personally while I understand the desire to put a scoreboard and ranking system in the game, it unfortunately can cause people to alter their play from 'fun' to 'compete'. ;)
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

all games should be about fun, and not taken too seriously imo,

Scoreboard and ranking system is there just to give players something to achieve, myself as a beta testers just wanted something for others to aim at and then target and beat, wasn't meant to be a who's top is best, or who's at the bottom is the worst, was meant to be fun, the more you play, the better you get.

while on some systems game is very stable and easy, others it has an odd issue that over time will get sorted and fixed, on some hardware it seems it needs a bit more work, but if users don't report them, or give developers time to respond or fix, there's not a lot anyone can do, i feel for the users, but can't do anything to help other than send to support...

enjoy the game and forum

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”