Astra Exodus - v1.00.06 Update

Astra Exodus is a single player turn based Sci-fi 4X strategy game inspired by the classics, with a multiple choice narrative driven epic campaign, top down real time tactical battles and an extensive semi-randomized research grid.
JosEPhII
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Astra Exodus - v1.00.06 Update

Post by JosEPhII »

I have set the game aside until this next Update is put out. I have detailed in other threads and on Discord the bugs I keep running into with save game and the game stop saving. I have yet to finish any game I have started with the game in it's current state for 1.00.06.

I check for updates regularly. I see potential for the game but...there are some serious bugs that need to be addressed, sooner rather than later. I am also aware this is a one man show and a working man at that. So progress will be slow.

I do want to also mod this game once stabilized.

Good Luck Atomic Kaiser.
anguille
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by anguille »

JosEPhII wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:08 pm I have set the game aside until this next Update is put out. I have detailed in other threads and on Discord the bugs I keep running into with save game and the game stop saving. I have yet to finish any game I have started with the game in it's current state for 1.00.06.

I check for updates regularly. I see potential for the game but...there are some serious bugs that need to be addressed, sooner rather than later. I am also aware this is a one man show and a working man at that. So progress will be slow.

I do want to also mod this game once stabilized.

Good Luck Atomic Kaiser.
Hi JosEPhII, i am testing the beta patch and hope it will solve most of our problems. I agree with you. The game should have been in beta for at least six more months. I don't know why it was rushed out the door. It was a suicide mission and this makes me sad cos i see the passion this game.
Baron Wombat
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Baron Wombat »

Amen to that! “Setting aside” is a good phrase for how I feel too. I like this game. I want to play more. But I have also not been able to finish 2 out the 3 games I started because of bugs. It seems like the game starts destabilizing around turn 300. The first thing I notice is a slight delay in executing orders—a one or two second delay between clicking the mouse and the next screen coming up. Then the AI starts doing weird things; you can fight battles over and over again instead of one and done. Then I started receiving $1400 credits every turn!! This was wonderful, but it shouldn’t have happened. Sooner or later you will hit “end turn” and nothing happens. By this point in the game all the factions have lots of stuff—colonies, ships, population, minerals, etc. Factions are at war and battles are taking place. It’s as if the amount of data becomes too much for the program to process. When Revision 08 comes out I will play it. I just hope the bugs are gone.

Return to “Astra Exodus”