Test-Match: POTZBLIZ 11.21. Immediate World War.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Unwichtig
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Test-Match: POTZBLIZ 11.21. Immediate World War.

Post by Unwichtig »

I just like testing some new stuff, especially the Events & their impact, the ´balance´ between the two fractions and ways to improve naval campaigning.
So I come back to my immediate artificial world war scenario and explain it a little more:

CP declares war on USA and Spain at turn 1.
Entente declares war on Italy on turn 1.

Entente:
- Gets strongest possible ally (USA) on their side at game start.
- USA provide additional Generals/Admirals/Air Aces
- Starts with large Navy incl. many Light Cruisers and Dreadn.
- US an Royal Navy should have no problems ´owning´ the Atlantik and keep the Northsea Blockade intact
- German Navy will struggle to fight both Navies at the same time
- Entente can reenforce troops in France quicker as Spain is part of alliance and troops can be delivered there. This is 1 move quicker than to france.
- Spain can control the Strait of Gibraltar and close it easily, CP have problems to break out
- Spain can send poort quality reserve corps to southern france to hold off some italiens until US troops arrive

CP:
- Have a 3rd strong ally in central Europe with all research capabilities. This allows CP to focus research (Italy Airforce and Navy?)
- Serbia could be conquered quicker as some italians can help taking it (even via the sea) unlocking austrian potential earlier for eastern front
- French frontline overstretched from game start, southern border to italy is undefended
- Large italian and austrian combined Navy should easily be able to cripple the french and spanish Navy in the Med.
- No RN convoys should be able to survide a med. transit (?)
- CP can conduct amphib landing in Spain if sea control is acheived, leading to completely new frontlines
- Africa is under high threat, Italy and austia could invade either french or UK territories in northern france with little resistance.

And finally the many US and Italian Events become unimportant from game start. Both players can focus on all other Events instead.

No idea if this is fair, but thats not the point. I would be happy to play any side, CP or Entente. Just to find out how this play out.
I think it would lead to a significant increase of activities in the Med and the Atlantik and the Navy aspect would become much more important
(which is what I want to achieve as I like naval campaigns)

Think about it and write me private. Maybe its unfair what I suggest, dont know. Lets find out.
It more a test, I dont mind which side I play. Want to trial some new stuff. Anyone?
trulster
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Test-Match: POTZBLIZ 11.21. Immediate World War.

Post by trulster »

Would be fun to try, as Entente you can finally see what the US can do. Are you setting up a game for this?
Unwichtig

Post by Unwichtig »

Yes! Just accept.
Will create now.
Super secret PW will be: usa

Want me to play CP or entente? You choose.
Happy with both.
trulster

Post by trulster »

OK, you CP pls!
Unwichtig

Post by Unwichtig »

Few facts so far:

I play CP.
- Declared war on USA on Turn 1.
- Declared war on Spain on Turn 1.
- This makes UK join Entente immediately (Ready for Entente Turn 1)
Entente then has massive strengh.
Entente can not declare war at any neutral countries until Turn 5 (I forgot about that)
First 4 Turns Austrian Navy is fighting a desperate Seabattle in the Med against a British-French-Spanish Fleet.
German Army is facing Spanish Reserve Cors in northern France, Schlieffen gets more difficult.
France has capacity to defend the northern territory.
Then, Turn 5, Entente declares war on Italy.
Italy joins CP which makes Ottoman AND Bulgaria join CP at the same turn.
This rebalances the game, CP is now equally strong.
One Turn later the remains of the Austrian Fleet merge with the Italian Fleet.
First Seabattles with US Light Cruisers take place in Turn 6 in the Med.
First US Troops arrive in France. Germany is stuck one Hex away from Paris.
Bulgarian - Austrian Offensive in Serbia smashed Serbia in Turn 7, Serbia will not make it much longer.
Portugal will join Entente in a few Turns, Romania will join CP in +15 Turns.
Turn 8, first Italian troops arrive in southern France, now facing US Troops soon.

Within a few very very exiting Turns the Globe has become an entire battlefield.
So many units to move and all countries have full strengh, manpower and PP.

After first few turns I think that Entente has massive advantage, but this shifts dramatically towards CP from Turn 6.
I can not estimate the US strengh yet - But my first impression is, that CP has a little advantage here.
A combined German Italian Invasion is difficult to defend for france.
And a combined austrian bulgarian invasion to serbia is equally difficult to defend.

We will continue and will see.
Maybe CP needs to declare war on Portugal as well on Turn 1 to add few additional PP and units (Gun!) to the Entente.
But it is interesting to play. As predicted...many seabattles.
trulster

Post by trulster »

Couple of turns later, Italians face Spanish/US/French in the mountains of Nice and up. Combined Allied force drove German lines back into southern Belgium. For good measure the Swiss invaded as well, the list of Allied countries is almost full up! Serbs barely holding on while the early Ottoman entry has caught the UK partly pants down in Egypt and the Gulf. Russians pressing on towards Budapest to relieve some pressure on the poor Serbs.

Return to “Commander the Great War : Opponent Finder”