Sengoku Jidai Divine Wind Campaign

ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Sengoku Jidai Divine Wind Campaign

Post by ahuyton »

I think Alex is having pc difficulties, according to Andre, certainly he has not submitted a turn this week. I leave it to you, Gavin, to decide if we wait or if we decide both our armies gracefully retire to their previous positions. The game had not really got going, though I think Alex should have won it.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

ahuyton wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:50 am I think Alex is having pc difficulties, according to Andre, certainly he has not submitted a turn this week. I leave it to you, Gavin, to decide if we wait or if we decide both our armies gracefully retire to their previous positions. The game had not really got going, though I think Alex should have won it.
Posted 11/06/23
It is sad news that Alex has been imprisoned in a dark, smelly cellar with a broken lapdog (ie laptop) on Komoda. He cannot continue his support of the Hojo clan, and his followers on Komoda have dispersed, or fled to Katsumoto.

On the bright side, the treacherous, slimy and monstrous Ludendorf's father has demanded he declare for the Hojo and stop messing about expanding his property investments at the expense of the Hojo. Henceforth,

Alan, you are free to move whenever you decide as Alex has reluctantly discontinued the campaign due to pc issues. Ludendorf has declared for Hojo as his replacement
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

My Yuan army will take to the seas again, sailing to Izuhara-Katsumoto-Hirado, if that is within the rules.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

ahuyton wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:50 am My Yuan army will take to the seas again, sailing to Izuhara-Katsumoto-Hirado, if that is within the rules.
Sorry Alan, you can't get past Katsumoto as it's owned by the Hojo! :cry:
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

Ah, OK Gavin, can I stop and have a look round Katsumoto then please? I am sure the inhabitants will be happy to see us.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

ahuyton wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:10 pm Ah, OK Gavin, can I stop and have a look round Katsumoto then please? I am sure the inhabitants will be happy to see us.
Alan's Yuan begin sightseeing tour of Katsumoto via Izuhara - adverse weather effect yet to be revealed
Map30.png
Map30.png (427.82 KiB) Viewed 850 times
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Ludendorf wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:56 pm
  • Ludendorf the Slimy and Monstrous moves overland to Imari
Ludendorf the Slimy and Monstrous takes Imari without opposition.
Map31.png
Map31.png (427.36 KiB) Viewed 840 times
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

ahuyton wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:10 pm Ah, OK Gavin, can I stop and have a look round Katsumoto then please? I am sure the inhabitants will be happy to see us.
  • Ludendorf takes Katsumoto unopposed after taking a package tour of the Shomo Shrine...
"This guardian shrine of Katsumoto Town was built over 1,300 years ago.
Empress Jingū from Japanese mythology is enshrined here, and historical sites associated with her are located nearby.
Empress Jingū is known familiarly in Japan as the goddess of victory and safe birth. One legend describes how, in the latter half of 332, the empress led an invasion to conquer the Kingdom of Silla on the Korean peninsula. On the way to and from this expedition, she stopped by Iki and built a temporary palace here, and this was abandoned after her final departure. But a mysterious phenomenon occurred in which something shining kept emerging from the ocean, so the villagers dedicated a mirror at the site of the palace and venerated the empress as a deity, which is how this shrine came to be.
According to another story, Empress Jingū brought back 101,500 enemy heads and buried them in a hole in the beach, over which she built a shrine repository, which then became Shōmogū Shrine."

............................................ Practical Information for Traveling to Japan(Japan National Tourism Organization)
  • Postscript; Ludendorf's forces spent most of their time trying to dig up the enemy heads to give them a decent burial back home!
Map32.png
Map32.png (427.46 KiB) Viewed 813 times
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

GDod wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:20 pm
  • Ludendorf takes Katsumoto unopposed after taking a package tour of the Shomo Shrine...
This must be Hojo propaganda. The Yuan visitors have burnt the temples of the false gods to the ground, to the delight of the local peasantry.

I imagine you mean ahuyton takes Katsumoto, Gavin?
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

ahuyton wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:15 am ... This must be Hojo propaganda. The Yuan visitors have burnt the temples of the false gods to the ground, to the delight of the local peasantry.

I imagine you mean ahuyton takes Katsumoto, Gavin?
Indeed I do mean you Alan, in my defense Ludendorf changes sides so often, it's even confusing me :D
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by KiwiWarlord »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:36 pm KiwiWarlord has brought Kashii back into Nihon after 4 days of occupation and is now, on June 5th, moving from Kashii to Defend the Munakata Shrine 2 days after the dreaded Yuan horde of BGanoush began chasing the Monks out.

Challenge posted for Bob ( pw Monks ) June 5th.
Note all available Warrior Monks will be joining the Hojo Defenders.

Note Bob that you must include 2 units of Raw Troops due to weather conditions. ( see Gavin's note )

Challenge uplifted June 6th
June 27th Munakata Shrine cleared of the dreaded Yuan horde of BobGanoush
KiwiWarlord's Hojo 55%, Bob's Yuan 66 %
Close and hard fought battle that went close to nightfall, with good luck & disasters for both sides throughout.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:53 pm
June 27th Munakata Shrine cleared of the dreaded Yuan horde of BobGanoush
KiwiWarlord's Hojo 55%, Bob's Yuan 66 %
Close and hard fought battle that went close to nightfall, with good luck & disasters for both sides throughout.
  • KiwiWarlord's Hojo secures Munakata Shrine for the monks to practise their quiet peaceful meditations once again
  • BobGanoush's heroic but ultimately unsuccessful Yuan retreat to Saka
Map33.png
Map33.png (428.14 KiB) Viewed 751 times
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

GDod wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:51 am
  • Lascar engages GDod at Shikanoshima
After a tumultuous tussle of two titans, Dave earned the respect of the mainly cavalry Yuan force who tried in vain to rush and break the Hojo left flank. Although, the Yuan achieved this objective, the casualties sustained, and the central anchor of mixed infantry and cavalry in the open could not hold off the determined pressure from the Hojo centre and quickly redeployed right.
  • lascar's Hojo takes Shikanoshima back from GDod
  • GDod's unsuccessful Yuan retreat to their stronghold at Izuhara
Map34.png
Map34.png (428.84 KiB) Viewed 723 times
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

CHANGE TO VICTORY CONDITIONS
It seems that the victory conditions will take a very long time to achieve. Hence, they have been amended: To win a faction must control five more provinces than the opposing faction to control Japan
  • GDod sails to take Kashii via Komoda and Saka - adverse weather effect x3 yet to be revealed
Map35.png
Map35.png (428.65 KiB) Viewed 711 times
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

July 3rd, KiwiWarlord moves overland from the Munakata Shrine to Defend Kashi from the dreaded GDod.
BobGanoush
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by BobGanoush »

BobGanoush will go to Munakata Shrine from Saka
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

BobGanoush wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:20 pm BobGanoush will go to Munakata Shrine from Saka
(KiwWarlord) July 3rd, KiwiWarlord moves overland from the Munakata Shrine to Defend Kashi from the dreaded GDod.
  • BobGanoush moves to Munakata Shrine
  • KiwiWarlord moves overland to Kashii
  • GDod accepts KiwiWarlord's challenge and awaits the post and password (NB 22.5.23 GDod post Clarification - The last person to move to a province is the challenger.)
  • GDod's - adverse weather effects (x3) revealed (9%, 94%, 85%) GDod must include 2 units of Raw Troops due to weather conditions.
Map36.png
Map36.png (429.46 KiB) Viewed 670 times
lascar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by lascar »

Lascar moves to Munakata Shrine
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

lascar wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:16 am Lascar moves to Munakata Shrine
  • Lascar sails to Munakata Shrine via Nokonoshima- Meinohama then overland - adverse weather effects ( No adverse effect for shrines . However, Japanese players attacking or defending a shrine must use all warrior monks available.
  • Lascar to set up challenge. Bob to post acceptance.
Map37.png
Map37.png (428.3 KiB) Viewed 628 times
Last edited by GDod on Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
lascar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by lascar »

Lascar intercepts Bob at Munakata Shrine

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Tournaments & Leagues”