Sengoku Jidai Divine Wind Campaign

GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Sengoku Jidai Divine Wind Campaign

Post by GDod »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:17 am Gavin I think that we should put a hold on the Campaign until a 4th Yuan Player turns up as there is a little too much Hojo around imo. :?
We continue on Brian...all may not be as it seems :twisted:
ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by ahuyton »

Alas, due to the incompetence of the Imperial Cartographers, we have sent our horses to a giant forest wherein are no doubt hidden many thousands of Hojo barbarians.

We will therefore pack our bags, reboard ship and sail for Komoda to do honourable battle against the rampaging Hojo.

(Ludendorff - essentially, I concede the tournament battle, but I am happy to carry on with our encounter as a friendly)
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

ahuyton wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:07 am Alas, due to the incompetence of the Imperial Cartographers, we have sent our horses to a giant forest wherein are no doubt hidden many thousands of Hojo barbarians.

We will therefore pack our bags, reboard ship and sail for Komoda to do honourable battle against the rampaging Hojo.

(Ludendorff - essentially, I concede the tournament battle, but I am happy to carry on with our encounter as a friendly)
This indeed was due to the incompetence of the Imperial Cartographers as Ahuyton couldn't have embarked to Imazu castle from Happo as he would have had to pass through 3 Hojo towns to get to Imazu. As the rule states:-

...a player may only issue one challenge at a time for any town/port, or shrine bordering, or connected by a designated route to any of their factions towns/ports or shrines...
  • Ahuyton retreats to Happo
  • Ahuyton sails for Komoda
  • Ludendorf advances unimpeded to Meinohama
  • Happo to Komoda .......Yuan force adverse weather effect revealed - no effect (30%, 31%)
  • Izuhara to Komoda.......Hojo force adverse weather effect revealed - no effect (21%)
  • Ahuyton to set up challenge
  • Alex to post acceptance
Map14.png
Map14.png (434.46 KiB) Viewed 909 times
Last edited by GDod on Thu May 25, 2023 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

Challenge is up, pw Trojan.

As for my game against Ludendorff, we will hopefully fight it out with honour to the winner, even if no territory is at stake.
AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by AlexDetrojan »

ahuyton wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:46 pm Challenge is up, pw Trojan.

As for my game against Ludendorff, we will hopefully fight it out with honour to the winner, even if no territory is at stake.
Ok, sounds good. I was kinda hoping to make it to the Korean peninsula unopposed... My troops have a hankering for Korean bulgogi and Mongolian bar-b-que...no matter, we can wait a few days. 😁
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Ludendorf wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:32 pm ...Ludendorf moves with haste to Meinohama castle.
Ludendorf successfully defends Meinohama castle after Ahuyton sails for Komoda. With Ludendorf now declaring that the town and people are now his subjects, rumours circulate within the town that the invaders were paid off.

RULE FOR ODD PLAYER NUMBERS REVEALED
When there are odd players, the last player joins the Hojo as an independent Samurai Lord.
Their mission is to accumulate five towns/ports, or shrines to win the game and claim Nippon as their own shogunate, supplanting Hojo dominance.
  • They may claim towns/ports and shrines from either party Hojo, or Yuan, but only Hojo controlled ports/towns or shrines count towards their winning total.
  • At anytime, they may declare they are an ally of the Yuan, loose possession of all but their current town/port, or shrines, and attack the Hojo.
  • The Yuan knew of their victory conditions , but the Hojo did not.
  • Yuan players could not reveal the victory conditions to the Hojo until the independent player had captured three Hojo towns/ports, or shrines.
  • After three towns/ports or shrines are captured by an independent player, every existing, and new conquest, has a 50% chance of reverting back to it's original owner.
  • Hojo and Yuan Winning criteria changes. Now to win, a faction must control all but four towns/ports, or shrines to control Japan.(All the odd players towns/port, or shrines are excluded from the calculation)
Map15.png
Map15.png (434.06 KiB) Viewed 867 times
Last edited by GDod on Fri May 26, 2023 8:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ludendorf

Post by Ludendorf »

MUWAHAHAHA!!! MY EVIL PLAN IS REVEALED!!!

...ahem. I mean, of course I didn't pay off the invaders. Any rumours you hear to that effect are nonsense. They were simply bamboozled by my impenetrable defensive strategy of cowering in a forest. And I certainly am not trying to engage in a silent armed takeover while my fellow daimyo struggle with the invaders.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to Nokomashima. To pray for the health of our Hojo overlords and for absolutely no other reason.

(So, I'm guessing that I'm at war with just about everyone now. I'm surrounded.

...excellent.) :twisted:
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Ludendorf wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:45 am ...I'm off to Nokomashima...
  • Ronin's adverse weather effect not yet revealed
  • Koshudake population rebels 16%
  • Imazu population remain loyal 80%
  • Meinohama population rebels 21%
Map16.png
Map16.png (435.67 KiB) Viewed 855 times
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Ludendorf wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:45 am MUWAHAHAHA!!! MY EVIL PLAN IS REVEALED!!!

...ahem. I mean, of course I didn't pay off the invaders. Any rumours you hear to that effect are nonsense. They were simply bamboozled by my impenetrable defensive strategy of cowering in a forest. And I certainly am not trying to engage in a silent armed takeover while my fellow daimyo struggle with the invaders.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to Nokomashima. To pray for the health of our Hojo overlords and for absolutely no other reason.

(So, I'm guessing that I'm at war with just about everyone now. I'm surrounded.

...excellent.) :twisted:
Very ingenious plan, well done. 👍 One of us will be coming shortly to pay you a visit...do you prefer working in the stables shovelling the horses business, or perhaps scrubbing the royal toilets? 😈
Ludendorf

Post by Ludendorf »

AlexDetrojan wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:38 pm Very ingenious plan, well done. 👍 One of us will be coming shortly to pay you a visit...do you prefer working in the stables shovelling the horses business, or perhaps scrubbing the royal toilets? 😈
I would be careful trying to employ me in such roles. I hear that such employers tend to leave the job interviews with their limb portfolios much reduced. :twisted:
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Ludendorf wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:45 am ...I'm off to Nokomashima...
  • Ludendorf takes Nokonoshima after four days unopposed. (Even though many of his followers are wandering around still trying to find Nokomashima :lol: )
Map17.png
Map17.png (435.95 KiB) Viewed 726 times
Ludendorf

Post by Ludendorf »

I guess I'm off to Meinohama because I forgot my laund- oh peanuts to this, I'm just outright trying to take over now. Cats out the bag anyway. Going to enjoy my time unopposed before every lord in the country descends on my position.
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Battle for Munakata Shrine resolved, the Yuan invaders have been repulsed with heavy losses by the Hojo Army of KiwiWarlord with the support support of the Monks The Shrine is now back in Nihon.
Hojo ( KiwiWarlord ) 12% Yuan Invaders ( Gavin ) 40%
Battle for Munakata Shrine.png
Battle for Munakata Shrine.png (807.8 KiB) Viewed 698 times
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:32 pm Battle for Munakata Shrine resolved, the Yuan invaders have been repulsed ...
Unfortunately, neither the terrain, nor the cunning of KiwiWarlord was kind. We were unable to retreat to Izuhara, as the despicable Hojo under Alex had subdued the port and put a large chain across the harbour with floating barges loaded with drunken jeering teenagers at several intervals. Several attempts to breach this barrier resulted in minor damage to our ship's paint work from thrown beer bottles. Our maintenance crews were livid. So, we withdrew. Luckily, a fair wind blew us into Saka for much needed touch-ups.
  • GDod retreats to Saka
  • GDod sails for Shikanoshima - Yuan force adverse weather effect yet to be revealed
  • Ludendorf sails across the bay to Meinohama - Hojo force adverse weather effect yet to be revealed
  • Nokonoshima stays loyal 50%
Map18.png
Map18.png (435.96 KiB) Viewed 695 times
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

GDod wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:45 am
  • GDod sails for Shikanoshima -
Gavin you have moved the KiwiWarlord Icon to Shikanoshima :?
Too much sake maybe ? :roll:
Also the Munakata Shrine is still Green.

PS 1st June
After listening to a couple of school teachers on National Radio this morning talking about the mess our Education System is in, & how under paid & over worked you few teachers that are still left here are, I can understand :( :( :(
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:38 am
GDod wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:45 am
  • GDod sails for Shikanoshima -
Gavin you have moved the KiwiWarlord Icon to Shikanoshima :?
Too much sake maybe ? :roll:
Also the Munakata Shrine is still Green.
Indeed, we're lacking sleep from all the work. We've even thought about digging up dead teachers to put in front of the classes but I think it's also our recent run in with your Hojo teenage hooligans and the mislabeled paint tins at the Saka shipyards. :lol:
Map18.png
Map18.png (436.08 KiB) Viewed 671 times
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

1st of June, KiwiWarlord moves from Munakata Shrine to Kashii to rid it of the Yuan pests.
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

'Unfortunately, neither the terrain, nor the cunning of KiwiWarlord was kind. We were unable to retreat to Izuhara, as the despicable Hojo under Alex had subdued the port and put a large chain across the harbour with floating barges loaded with drunken jeering teenagers at several intervals. Several attempts to breach this barrier resulted in minor damage to our ship's paint work from thrown beer bottles...'
That's what happens when I leave teenagers in charge...🙄 I later found out after imbibing too much beer, they started throwing full bottles of beer at your ships...at least have the good sense to drink the beer first!
No matter, even though we are presently delayed on Komoda with Alan's Mongols we've heard from sympathizers from China who are offering us barrels of Yingling beer to come and liberate them. Also sympathizers from your vassal Korea are offering us a warehouse of Hitejinro brewed beer if we come and free them...choices, choices. Our lawyers will contact you with regards to the paint damage on your vessels...😁
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

AlexDetrojan wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:13 pm No matter, even though we are presently delayed on Komoda with Alan's Mongols we've heard from sympathizers from China who are offering us barrels of Yingling beer to come and liberate them.
So amongst this haze of ale fumes & broken bottles are your Samurai crushing Ahuyton's Yuan defenders of Komoda ???
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:04 pm
AlexDetrojan wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:13 pm No matter, even though we are presently delayed on Komoda with Alan's Mongols we've heard from sympathizers from China who are offering us barrels of Yingling beer to come and liberate them.
So amongst this haze of ale fumes & broken bottles are your Samurai crushing Ahuyton's Yuan defenders of Komoda ???
Not yet, it's early days and we've just engaged. Alan's army composition is quite good so this will be a grind I think.
But the prospect of Mongolian Bar-B-Que once we storm their camp, is spurring my warriors to new heights. 😁

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Tournaments & Leagues”