finding other players

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Celeborn
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

finding other players

Post by Celeborn »

I am curious to hear how others think about finding other players. I am becoming less inclined to just start a game that is "open" as I have had some bad experiences with players who just abandon a game when the outcome is still in doubt, yet I also like making new friends and occasionally getting whipped by strangers. I have also noticed that many MP games require passwords--suggesting an invitation list--yet languish on the "board" for weeks or longer which makes no sense if the player who set it up already had opponents in mind.
conboy
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: finding other players

Post by conboy »

A sure-fire way is to keep checking this board for when Erik asks for volunteers to test out his new PvP scenarios.
Also check all the Parriego posts here - there's a group that plays those games regularly.
You could post on this multiplayer forum and describe what you are interested in and maybe get some responses that way.
Maybe check the Steam site and see if they have anything. I did a quick check and didn't see anything relevant, but maybe I missed it.
I don't do much with PvP any more, just help Erik and get my monthly ass-whipping from Pinkelephantis.

conboy
Vindictus
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Vindictus »

I too an wary of taking on random players, because almost all of them are abandoned, and I regret all the time wasted.

I will compete with you Celeborn if you like. Just PM me on any scenarios you are interested in and we can get a game going for sure.
blondus
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by blondus »

I am also available to friendly clashes if you like.
cheers Luca
LynxCom
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by LynxCom »

Hello, guys. Is anyone interested in joing 2v2 Kasserine battle? 2 Players are needed.
FelixHu
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by FelixHu »

LynxCom wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:19 pm Hello, guys. Is anyone interested in joing 2v2 Kasserine battle? 2 Players are needed.
me
KarisFraMauro
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by KarisFraMauro »

Seems like even a lot of the more reliable, veteran players aren't doing their turns so quickly these days. Wonder if the game isn't starting to reach the end of its lifespan?
Celeborn

Post by Celeborn »

If I were a reliable veteran I would be concerned that my Yankee allies in Market-Garden are annoyed at how long I am taking :-)
KarisFraMauro wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:20 am Seems like even a lot of the more reliable, veteran players aren't doing their turns so quickly these days. Wonder if the game isn't starting to reach the end of its lifespan?
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

Of the ten games I've got going, you're the one holding things up in precisely zero of them so no concerns there :D I admit I take my turns less quickly if I'm losing than I do if I'm winning, but once a day is about as bad as it gets. Once every two days at worst.
drewqueens
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by drewqueens »

If anyone is looking to play, friend me on Steam: drewqueens
Thanks!

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Multiplayer”