Axis Operations 1942 Known Issues

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: Axis Operations 1942 Known Issues

Post by terminator »

Demyansk Pocket

At the end of the mission, at the end of the debrief, there is a message box that appears briefly behind the debrief :o

Edit : it seems that it was part of the debriefing that retreats with a lag :shock:

Capture d’écran (95).jpg
Capture d’écran (95).jpg (229.28 KiB) Viewed 3698 times
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

Speaking of lags/freezes, this now appears to occur frequently. I have begun a new campaign in Spain, and now am in AO39 and it appears in both of those DLCs as well, though not as bad as in AO42. It doesn't ever happen at first when you start the game, but only after you've been playing a while. It is most noticeable when loading games and/or the next map. Never completely freezes; always eventually changes but the longer it goes on the longer the lags/freezes take before you can click/move/do anything.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Kerch Peninsula

What the Supply hex to Feodosia serves because it is impossible to deploy new land units in a port :evil:

KerchPeninsula(2).jpg
KerchPeninsula(2).jpg (645.41 KiB) Viewed 3604 times
Resolute
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Resolute »

adiekmann wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:50 pm Speaking of lags/freezes, this now appears to occur frequently. I have begun a new campaign in Spain, and now am in AO39 and it appears in both of those DLCs as well, though not as bad as in AO42. It doesn't ever happen at first when you start the game, but only after you've been playing a while. It is most noticeable when loading games and/or the next map. Never completely freezes; always eventually changes but the longer it goes on the longer the lags/freezes take before you can click/move/do anything.
Yeah I noticed that too. Glad it's just not me.
RolandHorn
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by RolandHorn »

FunPolice749 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:04 pm On second kharkov the destroy both soviet tank armies bonus objective doesn't give a commendation point. Tried it with various units, on various turns, with various units getting the kill. The pop up appears saying I have gotten it done but it doesn't appear in the counter on top of the screen.
I have the same issue. Completed both bonuses but came away with only 1 CP.
kitty88
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by kitty88 »

terminator wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:59 am Kerch Peninsula

What the Supply hex to Feodosia serves because it is impossible to deploy new land units in a port :evil:

KerchPeninsula(2).jpg
I have the same problem. I can't get any reinforcements other than new fighters or dive bombers. No ground units :(
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Hello all, I just wanted to give an update on this 'Known Issues' situation.

So normally by this time after a DLC has been launched, we would be fully focused on full production of our next project. Unfortunately, and evidenced by the existence of a 'Known Issues' post, we shipped 1942 DLC and accompanying main game patch with some bugs and unexpected issues. For that, I offer my apologies. :cry:

To remedy this situation, we are fully committed to getting a proper patch out ASAP to get this situation sorted out before we move on with a future piece of content. I can't promise when it will deploy because we really don't want to rush it out (rushing is what got us into trouble in the first place! :oops: )

So thank you for all of your reports and continued patience, we are going through 1942 with a fine tooth comb to get all these wrinkles ironed out. And we do plan to revisit some other content unintentionally affected by recent changes (paratrooper missions of earlier Axis Operations are in trouble) as well.

It is very awesome to see many hundreds and even thousands of players continuing to enjoy Panzer Corps 2, thanks again to all our players out there! There is definitely a huge changelog slowly growing in size since the launch of 1942 hit, and we hope to have it ready for all players to enjoy as soon as it's complete.
Magni
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Magni »

I'm still running into the problem of the offer for Tiger Is not firing in Streets of Stalingrad, evne when I have enough CP for it at the start of the scenario.
WalterTFD
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by WalterTFD »

I do not know if this is issue or not, but in Stalingrad mission I get choice of historical (defend train station) or bonus (defend airport) objectives.

After mission is over, I get choice of whether I did defend train station or airport. Shouldn't game know that and choose for me? Or what happens if I choose 'wrong' (like I defend train station and pick as though I defended airports?).
Magni
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Magni »

WalterTFD wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:22 pm I do not know if this is issue or not, but in Stalingrad mission I get choice of historical (defend train station) or bonus (defend airport) objectives.

After mission is over, I get choice of whether I did defend train station or airport. Shouldn't game know that and choose for me? Or what happens if I choose 'wrong' (like I defend train station and pick as though I defended airports?).
Afaik you're meant to get the choice if you defended both.
Wolfenguard
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Wolfenguard »

Magni wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:15 pm
WalterTFD wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:22 pm I do not know if this is issue or not, but in Stalingrad mission I get choice of historical (defend train station) or bonus (defend airport) objectives.

Afaik you're meant to get the choice if you defended both.
No what he means is. He can choose bot scenarios. If he defend stalingrad he can choose the historical scenario too. So you can play the scenario historical and choose in the last mission the a historical scenario or you play a historical and choose the historical in the last scenario. Had the same but I don't know if you have the choice if you play historical.
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

Yes, I thought this was a bit confusing and/or misleading myself. In the end though, I think it was just a different way in terms of framing it in the narration giving the player a choice of whether he wants to continue on a historical or ahistorical path in the next DLC. But in terms of gameplay, I don't think it really matters. I happened to successfully defend both every time I have played, so the question was always irrelevant to me because I didn't pick/do one over the other.
SSLConf_pewp3w

Post by SSLConf_pewp3w »

Kerensky wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:26 pm So thank you for all of your reports and continued patience, we are going through 1942 with a fine tooth comb to get all these wrinkles ironed out. And we do plan to revisit some other content unintentionally affected by recent changes (paratrooper missions of earlier Axis Operations are in trouble) as well.
So when can we expect a fix for 1940 for the paratroopers? That mission is literally unplayable. It has been over two weeks now. This isn't a minor, but instead a massive error. It has to be fixed asap.
scott_mathieson
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by scott_mathieson »

not everyone thinks its that bad of a change, maybe the mission needs tweaked now not so much the paratroopers
SSLConf_pewp3w

Post by SSLConf_pewp3w »

scott_mathieson wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:12 am not everyone thinks its that bad of a change, maybe the mission needs tweaked now not so much the paratroopers
Yeah, that's why I wrote "fix for 1940 for the paratroopers". They don't have to change the paratroopers, but they have to change the mission. Making the paratroopers start over the target field or starting with them already dropped or whatever.
ronliber
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by ronliber »

kitty88 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:13 pm
terminator wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:59 am Kerch Peninsula

KerchPeninsula(2).jpg
I have the same problem. I can't get any reinforcements other than new fighters or dive bombers. No ground units :(
Me too, now I am stuck and cannot go on with the game because the outcome of this battle is not realistic for my armies and prestigepoints. Hope they fix it soon.
Ron
GrdAdmiral
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by GrdAdmiral »

I seem to have found what I believe to be an issue with upgrading units and their corresponding core slots. I am playing with panzer general and infantry general on for 25% less slots.

For example, I upgraded the 5cm Pak 38 to the Maruader IIA. This should be going from a 2 slot AT to a 3 slot AT. But for some reason, my ATs are now 4 slots. This seems to be unique with the 1942 AO update, as I didn't notice any issues until this point. I imported my saved core which started with SCW to 1939, 1940, and 1941. I also encountered it with upgrading from a Panzer 3J to a Panzer 3J/L model. My core slots should be 3, but are now 4. I upgraded from a Panzer 3J to a Panzer 4G and it is now 5 slots vs 4. I stopped looking at all my units, but it seems its not just limited to tanks. Is this happening to anyone else? Anyone know how to fix it? It is throwing my core all out of wack.
Stormchaser
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Stormchaser »

GrdAdmiral wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:20 am I seem to have found what I believe to be an issue with upgrading units and their corresponding core slots. I am playing with panzer general and infantry general on for 25% less slots.

For example, I upgraded the 5cm Pak 38 to the Maruader IIA. This should be going from a 2 slot AT to a 3 slot AT. But for some reason, my ATs are now 4 slots. This seems to be unique with the 1942 AO update, as I didn't notice any issues until this point. I imported my saved core which started with SCW to 1939, 1940, and 1941. I also encountered it with upgrading from a Panzer 3J to a Panzer 3J/L model. My core slots should be 3, but are now 4. I upgraded from a Panzer 3J to a Panzer 4G and it is now 5 slots vs 4. I stopped looking at all my units, but it seems its not just limited to tanks. Is this happening to anyone else? Anyone know how to fix it? It is throwing my core all out of wack.
I don't think I've ever had that specific Slot issue, but I've had moments where I send everything to Reserve and still register 1/X Core Slots filled.
Usually, restarting the Scenario, if not the entire game, fixes it and I don't often see it happen a second time.
Wolfenguard

Post by Wolfenguard »

Mhh this with the Code slots happens by me too,
But is this really a Bug or Cost the New unit more coreslots so with the 25% you have now a unit cost of 3.6 slots with are 4 slots?
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

GrdAdmiral wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:20 am I seem to have found what I believe to be an issue with upgrading units and their corresponding core slots. I am playing with panzer general and infantry general on for 25% less slots.

Are your units OS? Check. For example, if you have a 5 cm PaK that is 2 slots even when OS to 12 and you upgrade it to a base (10 str) 3 slot unit, you have to allow room for the fact that the 3 slot SPAT probably isn't going to remain 3-slots at an OS of 12. Try it again, but first change your 5 cm PaK to 10 strength, then upgrade it and that might be the solution to you problem. If not...then there indeed might be a bug.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”