KV2 & Master of Blitzkrieg

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Korvessa
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

KV2 & Master of Blitzkrieg

Post by Korvessa »

I just discovered something weird

When it is in tank mode, you can cross minor rivers like any other tank
When it is in artillery mode you cannot

I get it from a programing stand point, but kind of weird when it is the same vehicle.
Of course you can get around that with meticulous planning
DefiantXYX
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: KV2 & Master of Blitzkrieg

Post by DefiantXYX »

Same applies for anti-tank tanks. Why can a panther cross a river easily, while a jagdpanther cant?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

It looks a lot like a bug :o
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

From what I can remember, KV-2 in arty mode does benefit from Master of Blitzkrieg I think?
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:22 pm From what I can remember, KV-2 in arty mode does benefit from Master of Blitzkrieg I think?
Well its kinda strange/wierd, because it depens on the mode of the KV-2 when your turn starts. If you start in tank-mode and switch to artillery, you will have the full tank movement even in artillery mode.
If you start your turn in artillery mode and switch to tank, you will still have the artillery movement for that turn

tested it out on a road, 7 tiles when you start as a tank, and it stays 7 tiles after switching to artillery, ended turn in arti mode
next turn:
5 tiles, same position same road, switched to tank still only 5 tiles, finished the round in tank mode
turn 3 again that 7 tiles
Raganr129
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Raganr129 »

I'm on record somewhere advocating for master of blitzkrieg to apply to tracked movement type rather than the vehicle type. Primarily it annoyed me that units like the Breda (SCW tank destroyer based on the Pz I), other TDs and the recon panzer 2s couldn't keep up with the armor in general with the +1 movement speed, nevermind the small river crossings.

Since this has come up again, I'd like to state it again, I'd like full tracked movement type to be what master of blitzkrieg applies to, not just the tank movement types. Does anyone else agree?
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

Raganr129 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:26 pm Does anyone else agree?
I agree. That would make more sense, i mean a full tracked tank gets the bonus but a full tracked TD not ??

So yes, let all full tracked vehicles enjoy the master of blitzkrieg bonus, but maybe it should cost 1 more point. ( i know that isnt the most popular idea)
Korvessa
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Korvessa »

Raganr129 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:26 pm I'm on record somewhere advocating for master of blitzkrieg to apply to tracked movement type rather than the vehicle type. Primarily it annoyed me that units like the Breda (SCW tank destroyer based on the Pz I), other TDs and the recon panzer 2s couldn't keep up with the armor in general with the +1 movement speed, nevermind the small river crossings.

Since this has come up again, I'd like to state it again, I'd like full tracked movement type to be what master of blitzkrieg applies to, not just the tank movement types. Does anyone else agree?
+1
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

Raganr129 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:26 pm Since this has come up again, I'd like to state it again, I'd like full tracked movement type to be what master of blitzkrieg applies to, not just the tank movement types. Does anyone else agree?
Like Bee1976 already said, that would make this trait even more powerful. Imagine you combine it with the trait when your units can move and fire (dont know the english name). You can cross rivers and attack with your infantry and other stuff from behind...

In my opinion for 1 point the trait is already strong enough and good the way it is, although it doenst make sense in some cases.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”