Motivate Troops

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

bs_grom
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Motivate Troops

Post by bs_grom »

Since I play battles mainly with FOG2, I didn't notice that the Motivate Troops Regional Decision rules have changed. early it worked to add +1 to attack and defense. Now I noticed by accident watching an ally's fight that in addition to the bonus die for General with a value of 1 he got a bonus extra die for motivated troops. I like this change but... I noticed that when I had a 2 General I didn't get the 4th die. This raises an additional question if I am getting bonuses to the quality of soldiers when playing a battle with FOG2 in such a situation since I did not get the extra bone in the simulation. Why in the description of Motivate troops is still the old description.
Edit.
Today I played for the second time and Carthage again fighting Syracuse got +1 dice bonus. I haven't noticed motivation troops anywhere on the map, so I don't know what's going on here. Carthage was 0-0 with no other terrain bonuses. I'm playing on suicade level.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: Motivate Troops

Post by Pocus »

The code is pretty clear, Motivate Troops only gives +1 to attack and +1 to defense.
It will never be possible to have 4 dice, the battle module does not support it.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”