New Units/Factions feedback

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war. Experience every bone-rattling explosion and soul-crushing charge in Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector, the definitve battle-scale game of turn-based strategy and fast-paced combat that takes you to the battlefields of the 41st Millenium.
S-Tier-Andrew
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

New Units/Factions feedback

Post by S-Tier-Andrew »

I heard in I heard in the latest slitherine teatime that they're looking for feedback on which new units and factions people want, so I want to drop my opinions, top five new units I want to see for each faction and which factions I want to see next.

Blood Angels:
1. Death Company Dreadnaught
2. Chaplain
3. Brutalis Dreadnaught
4. Vanguard Veterans
5. Terminator Squad

Tyranids:
1. Zoanthropes
2. Lictor
3. Screamer Killer
4. Haruspex
5. Maleceptor

Necrons:
1. Canoptex Spyder
2. Canoptek Wraiths
3. Skorpekh Destroyer Lord
4. Canoptek Doomstalker
5. Ghost Barge

Adepta Sororitas:
1. Mortifiers
2. Zephyrim Squad
3. Imagifier
4. Castigator
5. Dogmata

Orks:
1. Battlewagon
2. Killa Kans
3. Tank Bustas
4. Mek Gunz
5. Trukk

Now, the faction I want to see the most next is chaos space marines. I know we're just now getting some chaos representation with daemons, but we need something bigger than a small faction to represent the ruinous powers. If it's going to be one of the more unique chapters that comes in, I think world eaters would be a great fit. After chaos spacemarines, imperial guard aeldari and tau should come after that, perhaps with a minor faction or two like genestealer cults or the mechnanicus sprinkled in between.

I'm also aware that there's a good deal of demand for more space marine chapters. I think that those for the most part could be implemented as less expensive factions like the khorne daemons, where there's something like 8 new units, but they will also have access to all of the non-chapter unique spacemarine units as well, just designed differently to fit the chapter colors. So, for example if Dark Angels were to be added (they would be my top pick for a new chapter), the sanguinary priest, lieutenant, librarian, and librarian dreadnaught would have to be dropped since they are either blood angels unique or have some ability tied to blood angels, with their replacements potentially being a strikemaster, talonmaster, interrogator chaplain, and possibly a different librarian variant, like one in terminator armor. And then you could add the deathwing terminator squad, deathwing knights, ravenwing black knights, the darkshroud, or land speeder vengeance. With all of that, 9 possible units to add, there's enough units for a small faction dlc with a unit dlc on top of that to add on one last dark angels unit and a more generic spacemarine unit to complement the roster, like a redemptor dreadnaught. Adding on the generic spacemarine units in the blood angels roster, and 8 of the units I've suggested, we'd have a roster of 16 units. It might have to be a bit more expensive than the khorne dlc since a bunch of units would have to be redesigned, but I'd certainly get it. If the ultramarines are chosen, they could just have the 8 generic spacemarine units in the blood angels roster with a bunch of generic spacemarine units; there are so many of them, that you could easily fill up the rest of the roster while leaving plenty of units open for unique dlc content for other chapters.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector”