Master of Magic: Rise of the Soultrapped is out now

Take up the role of a great wizard, wield powerful spells, command fantasy races and challenge your rivals in this remake of a cult turn-based strategy classic. Do you have what it takes to become Master of Magic?
saraviga
Slitherine
Slitherine

Master of Magic: Rise of the Soultrapped is out now

Post by saraviga »

Alongside Rise of the Soultrapped DLC released, a Free Update is now available for everyone

Master of Magic players, prepare for an enthralling world where arcane forces and mystical beings collide. Rise of the Soultrapped invites both veterans and newcomers to immerse themselves in a universe rich with magic, strategy, and untold secrets.

Unleash a variety of spells that combine technology and magic in unimaginable ways. From summoning scouting probes to reveal hidden nodes on the map, to empowering your units with tech sprites and discovering new locations, the tech dungeons, guarded by a mysterious rogue element of the new race, the Soultrapped.

Defeat them to gain valuable resources and rewards and trigger a chain of events that will challenge you in the mid to late game.

Unlock the full potential of Techmagic, command powerful heroes, and conquer the realms of Arcanus and Myrror. Embrace the challenge and become the ultimate master of this enchanting fusion of technology and magic.

New DLC Features:

3 New powerful Wizards
New magic school: Techmagic
A new race: Soultrapped 
10 new Techmagic spells 
4 new heroes with new skills and unique quests
5 new traits to customize your Wizard
New Enemy lairs and roaming armies of the rogue soultrapped
Master of Magic: Rise of the Soultrapped is available now. 

To celebrate this launch, Edmon will showcase the gameplay on the Slitherine Twitch channel on Monday, August 28th, at 8:15 PM CET. Make sure to mark it on your calendar.

Master of Magic: An expansive Free Update is now available

Alongside the release of the Rise of the Soultrapped DLC, an expansive Free Update is now available for everyone. 

This update includes:

- Steam Workshop integration 
- Memory management for assets
- Quick Load/Save option
- Increased distance between towns to reduce city spam
- Favorites in the spellbook and a repeat spell button
- Display of current game settings available for viewing in-game
- Improved Hero recruitment through the Myrror content update
- Lair density adjustment
- Sparkles on enchanted units on the world map
- Plus, many modifications and fixes

And if you haven't had the chance to play the game yet, now is the moment: Master of Magic will be on sale for the duration of the Steam Strategy Fest at a 30% discount!

Get ready to wield unimaginable power, forge alliances, and uncover the mysteries of the Soultrapped in a gaming experience that will leave an indelible mark on the world of fantasy gaming.
loader2000
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Great new race - minor bug

Post by loader2000 »

I'm not sure if this is deliberate or not, but around turn 125 (in the rise of the soul trapped), suddenly, Soul Trapped dungeons appear. This would be really cool, except they immediately start spawning huge armies (9 units) of the most powerful Soul trapped units that go after the nearest city. Up till this point, monster lairs only spawned 1, maybe 2 units, regardless of the difficulty level, so of course most of my cities are not prepared for this onslaught and are rapidly destroyed. The complete lack of warning about this basically ruined a game I had spent 15 hours on. It wasn't just one or two large armies, they were spawning almost every turn, and the most frustrating (and probably buggy thing) about it was that if I got one of my big armies near the soul trapped army to attack it, the soul trapped army would simply disappear off the map, only to re-appear as soon as my big army wasn't near them. They didn't just move, they literally disappeared, and then would come right back as soon as my big armies weren't near them. This essentially made it impossible to defend my cities and I quit in frustration. Either this is a bug, or a major imbalance with the new Soul Trapped add-on. Literally having to fight a huge 9 unit Soul Trapped army that spawns almost every turn in a random place (and can disappear as soon as you move a large army near it) isn't fun, its just frustrating. There is no treasure involved and very little defensive strategy because the spawning is completely random. Any cities recently established on another continent (aside from your main ones) are simply destroyed because it is impossible to defend every minor settlement with a huge garrison of advanced units, and it is very frustrating to see all the work you spent 125 turns on go up in flames. Note that I am playing on a huge map at 'hard' difficulty in other respects. Anyway, unless this is fixed, I do not recommend the Rise of the Soul Trapped add on.

Return to “Master of Magic”