Units lacking banners

Moderator: rbodleyscott

kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Units lacking banners

Post by kronenblatt »

Maybe I've done some change that I'm not aware of, but my games (MP and SP, modded and unmodded) are suddenly lacking banners for all units that don't have generals. Is there a setting somewhere? Anyone else having come across this problem before or now? Earlier today the banners were there. Thanks.

kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: Units lacking banners

Post by Paul59 »

kronenblatt wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:13 pm Maybe I've done some change that I'm not aware of, but my games (MP and SP, modded and unmodded) are suddenly lacking banners for all units that don't have generals. Is there a setting somewhere? Anyone else having come across this problem before or now? Earlier today the banners were there. Thanks.

Hi kronenblatt,

In Settings there is an option to "Hide" all non general banners, I would guess that you have pressed Hide by accident.

cheers

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Yes, that was it. Many thanks, Paul!

Ray552
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Ray552 »

The "H" key is the hotkey associated with this function.

Default is historical banners for either side.

Press "H" once, and your opponent's banners will change to one that is not historically accurate, but looks different from yours - useful if the two sides have similar-looking flags.
Your opponent will not see this change unless he presses "H" himself, and to him, your banners will change.

Press "H" one more time, and all the banners will disappear, except for generals - useful to find the generals on both sides.

Press "H" one more time, and the banners will cycle back to default.

This function is not available in Ancients.

I will sometimes accidentally press it when I meant to press "G" for the map grid, as they are next to each other. Perhaps that's what happened?
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

ray552 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:51 pm The "H" key is the hotkey associated with this function.

Default is historical banners for either side.

Press "H" once, and your opponent's banners will change to one that is not historically accurate, but looks different from yours - useful if the two sides have similar-looking flags.
Your opponent will not see this change unless he presses "H" himself, and to him, your banners will change.

Press "H" one more time, and all the banners will disappear, except for generals - useful to find the generals on both sides.

Press "H" one more time, and the banners will cycle back to default.

This function is not available in Ancients.
Ah, I must have pressed H accidentally. (Instead of my favourite G for grid.) Thanks!

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval Tech Support”