Install game on non-OS drive: any way to re-direct Saves etc away from C:/My Documents/My Games?

smartadze
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Install game on non-OS drive: any way to re-direct Saves etc away from C:/My Documents/My Games?

Post by smartadze »

Hi
Following generic gaming advice, I reinstalled the Fog2 game files on another (E:/) drive all by itself. Seems faster, plays smoother, stuff loads faster.

My question: the game on E:/ is still keeping and accessing all the other files on the C:/My Documents/My Games folder - Saves, Campaign files, etc etc. Is there a way to tell the game to put and find these files on the E:/ drive?

No options during game install - Registry hack??

Thank you - any information appreciated.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Install game on non-OS drive: any way to re-direct Saves etc away from C:/My Documents/My Games?

Post by rbodleyscott »

I will ask Pip.
Richard Bodley Scott

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Install game on non-OS drive: any way to re-direct Saves etc away from C:/My Documents/My Games?

Post by pipfromslitherine »

See here:

https://archonwiki.slitherine.com/index ... edirection

You can redirect the game's user folder to any other folder in this manner.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
smartadze

Post by smartadze »

Does not appear to work once the game is already installed, i.e., not able to re-direct elsewhere from C:/ with an existing game on another drive. I'll try again, doing this PRIOR to another clean install.

Thank you.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

The install path of the game itself does not matter at all. You just need to have the redirect.txt file inside your Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/ folder. Add line with the following format to the file:

FOLDER E:/SOMEWHERE/

for example. When you run the game it will act as if it has been newly installed. You can then copy any files etc you wish into the folder.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”