Net POA Calculator.

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Jorgito78
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Net POA Calculator.

Post by Jorgito78 »

Hi guys,
Not being an experienced player and still not having some basic unit match ups instintively present in my head prompted me to create this rudimentary tool (Excel spreadsheet with macros) that helps me get a rough idea of how units perform against each other. I find it useful specially on deployment phase and messing with it has allowed me to gradually absorb some of the information that, I think, should be instinctive when playing this great game! So, I leave the calculator here
Net POA calculator.rar
(35.11 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
in case anyone wants to try it and finds it useful. Also, if you find some major errors, please let me know.

Mind that not all calculations are 100% accurate (because there are some armor types that do not have a fixed value) but, for the most part, it does the job.

Usage is fairly simple: Just select the units quality and armor and click "Update Net POA's" and it will update the values on the table accordingly(see screenshot)
calculator.JPG
calculator.JPG (69.01 KiB) Viewed 285 times
Last edited by Jorgito78 on Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dux Limitis
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Net POA Calculator.

Post by Dux Limitis »

Amazing work, but could you please add a sheet of the Foot Swordsmen without the Light Spear capability? It's useful when calculating the POAs of those Foot Swordsmen who are without the Light Spear capability like Ribaulds, Oarsmen, Dismounted Lithuanian Cavalry etc. Thanks a million.
Jorgito78

Post by Jorgito78 »

I only made this for Ancients. Anyway, the value for Swordsmen on melee is always the same, either with or without light spear. So, If you check melee values for Light Spear/Swordsmen and Impact/Swordsmen, the value is exactly the same.
Dux Limitis

Post by Dux Limitis »

Thanks anyway.

Return to “Field of Glory II”