3D models

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

3D models

Post by jomni »

I have learned Blender basics. Interested to know if there are Pike and Shot unit samples that I can open in Blender. Would always be good to work with samples. Though I can make stuff on my own, my problem is scale.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: 3D models

Post by rbodleyscott »

jomni wrote:I have learned Blender basics. Interested to know if there are Pike and Shot unit samples that I can open in Blender. Would always be good to work with samples. Though I can make stuff on my own, my problem is scale.
Hi Jayson,

I have emailed you some.
Richard Bodley Scott

Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha »

Woo good news. Let us now how you are doing.

I have very little 3d skills myself though.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Sabratha wrote:Woo good news. Let us now how you are doing.

I have very little 3d skills myself though.
Check out the Yari and Teppo thread to see some previews.
Confusedesh
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Confusedesh »

Any way to import the 3D files into Blender, long time since I used Blender only basic skills but the models in game look very simple.

Easy enough to change the textures and to increase the size of the .dds files and use a different pixel format but not really worth it for units may be worth it for more detail on buildings.

Basically I want to click on a 3D file import it to Blender do what I want and export it back to the game.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

We haven't written any importers unfortunately. If you are a scripting guru for Blender I am happy to share the S4F file specs :)

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Confusedesh
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Confusedesh »

Sadly no I am just a person that would (if he can remember how Blender works) make a few 3D shapes and give them textures.

I could ask around maybe someone would be interested.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Yes. There's currently no script to convert the game objects to something blender can read. Only the other way around.

But the devs actually used Blender. You can ask Richard Bodley Scott if he can share with you the original blender files.
macdonncadh
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by macdonncadh »

jONMI,

The contents of the MyGames folder on my computer were mysteriously emptied. Fortunately I did back up the 3SF models you generously sent me. But....(blush) I lost the excellent instructions you gave me for working with the models to clone new units. Could you post that again, if it isn't too muc trouble. Also, in Yari to Teppo you have renamed all the models and skin. Could you share that process with us?

Thanks again for you many consideratons.

-Robert (Macdonncadh).

Return to “Modders Corner”