Endless "TALKING WITH YOUR ENEMY"

s_Levi
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Endless "TALKING WITH YOUR ENEMY"

Post by s_Levi »

Hi I play HON on PC via STEAM, its impossible to play the game now. Everytime I start a game, there is a jumping window shows "TALKING WITH YOUR ENEMY" appears again and again and again, I tried to shut it down and it jumps out again.... WHATS THAT? Please help! my email is ******
Thank you!

[Edited to remove email to prevent spam]
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Endless "TALKING WITH YOUR ENEMY"

Post by VPaulus »

Please rename a folder named "Heroes Of Normandie" as "_Heroes Of Normandiet" at:
...\Users\YOUR WINDOWS ACCOUNT NAME\AppData\LocalLow\Catrabbit

This folder, depending on how your Windows is configured, might be hidden. To show hidden files please follow the following tutorial:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... ows-vista/
s_Levi

Post by s_Levi »

No this doesn't help at all. In the Catrabbit folder during the game, after I changed the name ti the old folder, the system automatically creates a new folder "Heroes Of Normandie". And the game window still have the TAlKING WITH THE ENEMY on and on and on..... pls help!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

can you take a screen shot of the screen? and upload it here thanks

Verify Integrity of Game Cache
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -QEUH-3335

also try

Try disabling the Steam Overlay
If you are still experiencing random crashes, please try to turn off the Steam Overlay as this can cause random crashes. This is how:

1) Click on Steam and click on the "Settings" button. Click on the "In-Game Settings" tab.

2) Uncheck the box next to "Enable Steam Community In-Game" and click OK.

3) Disable the Steam Overlay on specific games only by right-clicking on the game title, click on "Properties" and uncheck "Enable Steam Community In-Game" in the "General" tab.
s_Levi

Post by s_Levi »

IMG_4510.JPG
IMG_4510.JPG (129.73 KiB) Viewed 4213 times
Verified the file and it's 100% OK. Tried everything as you assisted but the problem is still there. Crying.....
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

is it a custom battle home made or a custom battle online? as the X in the corner closes that screen down, it's a chat window only, and shouldn't be there all the time, only when your in chat, so makes me wonder if the map your playing has been updated to the latest version, easy way to check is load it into the editor and then save it in the latest version, if it still happens it's it's a bug, as it's not been reported before or seen either tbh
s_Levi

Post by s_Levi »

zakblood_slith wrote:is it a custom battle home made or a custom battle online? as the X in the corner closes that screen down, it's a chat window only, and shouldn't be there all the time, only when your in chat, so makes me wonder if the map your playing has been updated to the latest version, easy way to check is load it into the editor and then save it in the latest version, if it still happens it's it's a bug, as it's not been reported before or seen either tbh
It's the US Campaign #2 1st Oddball's Predicament, as you can tell from the background. It appears again 1 second after I close it, and again and again and again until I give up and shut the game window down....
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

ok, lets have a report and see if we can get to the bottom of this one

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

as it's steam, have you turned off the steam overlay?

default install of windows? steam and of the game? report will tell this, same as version number as well, as steam you are or should be on the latest version.

what AV do you use? i ask as sometimes AV programs interfere with some games
visualrob
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Post by visualrob »

Hi, s_levi!

I'm sorry for the problem you're experiencing. Is it happening only in that one game or on *every* mission that you play?

Can you press CTRL+R, to send us an automated report?

Thank you,
Roberto

Return to “Tech Support”