Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Grondel »

Retributarr wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:32 pm Thank's for the "Reply!", i appreciate the tip... but i as yet have never noticed this button at the "top right corner of the screen"... i will try to find it, i hope i find it.
it´s a little arrow next to the next turn button. easy to spot.

ser,
Thomas
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

Grondel wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:34 pm
Retributarr wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:32 pm Thank's for the "Reply!", i appreciate the tip... but i as yet have never noticed this button at the "top right corner of the screen"... i will try to find it, i hope i find it.
it´s a little arrow next to the next turn button. easy to spot.

ser,
Thomas
I found it!!!... the problem i had was that i had a GeForce Experience performance overlay "Dark-Grey-Shaded-Rectangle" in that exact spot... so it nearly completely camouflaged this activation icon for me. AnyWay!... "Thanks Again!-Grondel".
QSertorius
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by QSertorius »

Okay, so what is going on here? I told my artillery to shoot at the AAA underlined in red. Instead, he totally smoked the AT gun right in front of him. A similar thing happened in the first mission when I was trying to attack the easternmost bunker (he shot a minefield instead).
Screenshot 2023-04-30 100532.png
Screenshot 2023-04-30 100532.png (546.55 KiB) Viewed 1505 times
Bug? Or feature?

Edit - I figured it out. I am playing with the setting that assigns random heroes to the AI. The minefield and the AT gun had Provocator.
Last edited by QSertorius on Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

QSertorius wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:08 pm Okay, so what is going on here? I told my artillery to shoot at the AAA underlined in red. Instead, he totally smoked the AT gun right in front of him. A similar thing happened in the first mission when I was trying to attack the easternmost bunker (he shot a minefield instead).

Bug? Or feature?
there is a hero attached to that enemy ATgun, i would suspect it´s a provocator hero forcing ur artillerie to attack it instead of the wanted target.

sers,
Thomas
QSertorius
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by QSertorius »

Grondel wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:22 pm
QSertorius wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:08 pm Okay, so what is going on here? I told my artillery to shoot at the AAA underlined in red. Instead, he totally smoked the AT gun right in front of him. A similar thing happened in the first mission when I was trying to attack the easternmost bunker (he shot a minefield instead).

Bug? Or feature?
there is a hero attached to that enemy ATgun, i would suspect it´s a provocator hero forcing ur artillerie to attack it instead of the wanted target.

sers,
Thomas
Thanks! I just realized it when it happened a third time. Sneaky minefield with that Provocator trait in my first mission threw me off.
Last edited by QSertorius on Wed May 03, 2023 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

Hi i was playing the second mission in panzer corp 2 1944 where the bonus objective is to Allies stockpile alive. There the purple special forces units that drop in and destory them. So for what every the reason the enemy green sturt move to were one of the guy were at and kill one of them and i don't know how the happen and arnt these guys on the same side or something.
RandomAttack
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by RandomAttack »

CaptainRope1 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:04 pm Hi i was playing the second mission in panzer corp 2 1944 where the bonus objective is to Allies stockpile alive. There the purple special forces units that drop in and destory them. So for what every the reason the enemy green sturt move to were one of the guy were at and kill one of them and i don't know how the happen and arnt these guys on the same side or something.
Not a bug. The SF guys that drop in have a sole purpose: to destroy the stockpiles. ANYONE that gets in their way is the enemy. So they will be attacked by the "local forces".
QSertorius
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by QSertorius »

In SCW, Battle of the Ebro, it appears that enemy air reinforcements are spawning with two fighter units in the same hex. This makes the second unit invisible. I attacked and shot down the visible unit, leaving an apparently empty hex. Then I attacked a ground unit in an adjacent hex. To my surprise, a fighter intercepted my attack. I have tested this several times now with different spawn points on that map. Once they rebase, on the following turn, everything works just fine.
DefiantXYX
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by DefiantXYX »

This often happens when you attack units just when they spawned. The game is not designed for that, just wait one turn and everything is fine.
QSertorius
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by QSertorius »

Playing AO-39. Any idea why my 37mm AT guns will both provide AT support to the infantry unit next to them, but not to each other? Is this intentional?
Screenshot 2023-05-14 163840.png
Screenshot 2023-05-14 163840.png (228.52 KiB) Viewed 1320 times
Screenshot 2023-05-14 163812.png
Screenshot 2023-05-14 163812.png (226.34 KiB) Viewed 1320 times
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

QSertorius wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:40 pm Playing AO-39. Any idea why my 37mm AT guns will both provide AT support to the infantry unit next to them, but not to each other? Is this intentional?

AT-guns do not get supported when attacked by hard targets to prevent snowbaling with highdef AT guns late game.

sers,
Thomas
QSertorius
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by QSertorius »

Grondel wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:27 pm
QSertorius wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:40 pm Playing AO-39. Any idea why my 37mm AT guns will both provide AT support to the infantry unit next to them, but not to each other? Is this intentional?

AT-guns do not get supported when attacked by hard targets to prevent snowbaling with highdef AT guns late game.

sers,
Thomas
Thank you.
SirAllan
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by SirAllan »

Hi
I play AO 44 and I have just updated to vers. 1.6.2 (multiplayer) via steam update, but now my game crashes evrytime when I finish a mission. I have tryed several different missions. Same result evry time, the game crashes evry time a new mission starts to load.
Have anyone else experienced that after the update and is there a solution to fix that?
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

SirAllan wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:58 pm Hi
I play AO 44 and I have just updated to vers. 1.6.2 (multiplayer) via steam update, but now my game crashes evrytime when I finish a mission. I have tryed several different missions. Same result evry time, the game crashes evry time a new mission starts to load.
Have anyone else experienced that after the update and is there a solution to fix that?
If u had a mod active that adds a new unit to the game and turned that mod off but an added unit is in ur core that is exactly what u will see.

Might that be the case?

If u remove said unit from ur core by upgrading it to a vanilla one or disbanding it this should solve ur issue.
Re-enabling the mod will work as well.

sers,
Thomas
SirAllan

Post by SirAllan »

Grondel wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:01 pm
If u had a mod active that adds a new unit to the game and turned that mod off but an added unit is in ur core that is exactly what u will see.

Might that be the case?

If u remove said unit from ur core by upgrading it to a vanilla one or disbanding it this should solve ur issue.

sers,
Thomas
Yes I have several mods installed, which both ad new units and scenaries etc.
But l it have never been a problem before. Does the game automatic reset/remove any installed mod when it updates?
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

SirAllan wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:39 pm

Might that be the case?

sers,
Thomas
But l it have never been a problem before. Does the game automatic reset/remove any installed mod when it updates?
i don´t think it does on purpose.

Are the mods u had active when making those savegames still active?
Did the mod get an update?

Only way i can think of to solve this without further speculations is to switch all ur units to vanilla type ones before continuing to the next map.
If u have limited stock active ur stock needs to be cleaned up as well.

hope this helps.

sers,
Thomas
SirAllan

Post by SirAllan »

Grondel wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:46 pm
SirAllan wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:39 pm

Might that be the case?

sers,
Thomas
i don´t think it does on purpose.

Are the mods u had active when making those savegames still active?
Did the mod get an update?

Only way i can think of to solve this without further speculations is to switch all ur units to vanilla type ones before continuing to the next map.
If u have limited stock active ur stock needs to be cleaned up as well.

hope this helps.

sers,
Thomas
You were right, thx for reminding me of checking the "mod sector".
That was the issue - so evrything runs fine again after a reinstall of all the mods I was using.
Thx again :roll:
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

SirAllan wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:52 pm You were right, thx for reminding me of checking the "mod sector".
That was the issue - so evrything runs fine again after a reinstall of all the mods I was using.
Thx again :roll:
you´re welcome :) glad i could help.

sers,
Thomas
tabarmiche
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by tabarmiche »

Hey everyone !

I have encountered something weird in AO 44 : Lvov 44
we need to destroy 6 units of polish brigade but when I start the scenario, only 3 of them are here

I've checked in the scenario editor and the 6 tanks are present ...
ingame
ingame
image (5).png (463.53 KiB) Viewed 1026 times
ineditor
ineditor
image (6).png (161.98 KiB) Viewed 1026 times
integrity of the game's files is good according to Steam.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

tabarmiche wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:12 pm Hey everyone !

I have encountered something weird in AO 44 : Lvov 44
we need to destroy 6 units of polish brigade but when I start the scenario, only 3 of them are here

I've checked in the scenario editor and the 6 tanks are present ...

image (5).png
image (6).png

integrity of the game's files is good according to Steam.
some of them have camouflage, u can´t see them unless u have a groundunit next to them, a ground-recon near or an air-recon directly above them.

sers,
Thomas

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”