Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

tabarmiche
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Bug Reports

Post by tabarmiche »

awwwww right ! long story short, they didn't engage so at the end of the scenario (which I won), they were no where to be seen :D

thanks, I can restart the scenario and be more aggressive :)
BarbarianHunter
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BarbarianHunter »

As the SU-152 AT only has 3 ammo now, I tried to upgrade it to an artillery piece but it is not actionable. I am able to upgrade any German anti-tank units to artillery though.
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Unfortunately, the name of the last DLC 1945 was not translated in the start menu in german language.

Can it be fixed with the next patch please?

Click on pictures to enlarge.

article22
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by article22 »

I play on Steam and just noticed that there are no new achievements for the 1945 DLC unlike all the others.
Please put some in...would be nice to actually have something interesting to achieve this time also :roll:
miller330i
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Bug Reports ao 1945

Post by miller330i »

Is anyone else not able to transfer there core units and get ctd as a result? I can start a new campaign normal using both options. I had no mods running or saved that I know of. No reserve units. Just the free units you get by completing the extra bonus missions, the Lowe, go229 ect. I am sad. I hope to be able to see the text from the officers as an old friend. Is the text the same or different if you import your core or if you start a fresh game? Thanks in advance.
Illynore
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Illynore »

Overrun doesnt work with anti-air gun. I readed about some patch, you now need overrun hero alongside steamroller that it would work. Both traits has to be there was literally written. Can someone explain me, why i dont get overrun from this airplane?
https://imgur.com/KvWPF1A
https://imgur.com/kE4rQbM

As in pictures it has steamroller trait and is equipped with overrun hero. Its bug that its not workign right :>? Or is it now changed that overrun only works with tanks..? Then whats the point of overrun hero?? Overrun hero itself seems to unlock possibility to learn trait steamroller on units. I dont understand this. ATM i have 2overrun heroes, kinda frustrating not getting them to work. Almost ready to sell those heroes, even they should be like A-tier now >:)

-edit. This unit was crossclassed from tank, where it learned its steamroller. I havent tested yet, if steamroller learned by hero itself would work
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Illynore wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:21 pm Overrun doesnt work with anti-air gun. I readed about some patch, you now need overrun hero alongside steamroller that it would work. Both traits has to be there was literally written. Can someone explain me, why i dont get overrun from this airplane?

As in pictures it has steamroller trait and is equipped with overrun hero. Its bug that its not workign right :>? Or is it now changed that overrun only works with tanks..? Then whats the point of overrun hero?? Overrun hero itself seems to unlock possibility to learn trait steamroller on units. I dont understand this. ATM i have 2overrun heroes, kinda frustrating not getting them to work. Almost ready to sell those heroes, even they should be like A-tier now >:)

-edit. This unit was crossclassed from tank, where it learned its steamroller. I havent tested yet, if steamroller learned by hero itself would work
Overrun can only happen when the target is on open ground, and obviously aircraft is not "open ground target".
Illynore

Post by Illynore »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:43 pm
Illynore wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:21 pm Overrun doesnt work with anti-air gun. I readed about some patch, you now need overrun hero alongside steamroller that it would work. Both traits has to be there was literally written. Can someone explain me, why i dont get overrun from this airplane?

Overrun can only happen when the target is on open ground, and obviously aircraft is not "open ground target".
Oh damn, your actually right. I think i readed that somewhere sometime.. Though it doesnt read in overrun description at least not anymore. Im pretty sure tanks overrun things in cities for example. Like, cant overrun unit from forest with artillery though tank can do it. Its kinda odd
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

Illynore wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:23 pm . . .
Oh damn, your actually right. I think i read that somewhere sometime.. Though it doesn't read in overrun description at least not anymore. Im pretty sure tanks overrun things in cities for example. Like, can't overrun unit from forest with artillery though tank can do it. Its kinda odd
Tanks can 'Steamroll' in cities, not overrun.
They need to have earn Steamroller Award first.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Sequester Grundleplith, MD
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Sequester Grundleplith, MD »

Illynore wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:23 pm

Oh damn, your actually right. I think i readed that somewhere sometime.. Though it doesnt read in overrun description at least not anymore. Im pretty sure tanks overrun things in cities for example. Like, cant overrun unit from forest with artillery though tank can do it. Its kinda odd

Here is how Overrun works:
1) you have to have the overrun trait on the attacking unit (either natively, ie tanks, or with an overrun hero
2) the defending unit has to be in open (ground) terrain
3) the attacker has to wipe the defending unit out without taking any direct damage from the defender and/or any support fire
satisfying all that triggers "overrun," allowing you to move&attack again, if you have movement points and ammo left

Triggering a certain number of overruns (depends on base game vs. AO DLCs vs mods, viewable in the "awards" tab in the unit info screen) grants the "Steamroller" trait.

Units with overrun AND steamroller can trigger overruns in any terrain and even if the defending unit would normally damage the attacker. Instead, the attacker takes 0 damage and the defender is overrun. Pretty sure it still wont trigger if you take support fire, but I'd have to double check that.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:52 pm Pretty sure it still wont trigger if you take support fire, but I'd have to double check that.
u will take the damage from the support fire, but still trigger the steamroll.

sers,
Thomas
Illynore

Post by Illynore »

Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:52 pm
Illynore wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:23 pm

Here is how Overrun works:
1) you have to have the overrun trait on the attacking unit (either natively, ie tanks, or with an overrun hero
2) the defending unit has to be in open (ground) terrain
3) the attacker has to wipe the defending unit out without taking any direct damage from the defender and/or any support fire
satisfying all that triggers "overrun," allowing you to move&attack again, if you have movement points and ammo left

Triggering a certain number of overruns (depends on base game vs. AO DLCs vs mods, viewable in the "awards" tab in the unit info screen) grants the "Steamroller" trait.

Units with overrun AND steamroller can trigger overruns in any terrain and even if the defending unit would normally damage the attacker. Instead, the attacker takes 0 damage and the defender is overrun. Pretty sure it still wont trigger if you take support fire, but I'd have to double check that.
Oh this explains it, thanks alot. Seems I didnt rly undestand difference between steamroller and overrun thing and was baffled why it sometimes work and sometimes not, damn.
Illynore

Post by Illynore »

https://imgur.com/a/0BVuBkx

In picture my pioneers at start of my turn. They are standing on a hill hex as u can see, they have movepoints left and atk. Still for some odd reason i cant atk infanrty right from me at hill. If i move to flat ground i can atk them, but not from high ground. I think hex is bugged where my pioneer stands. Map is Thermopylae. Or maybe someone has some explanation i cant think of?
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Illynore wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:47 am https://imgur.com/a/0BVuBkx

In picture my pioneers at start of my turn. They are standing on a hill hex as u can see, they have movepoints left and atk. Still for some odd reason i cant atk infanrty right from me at hill. If i move to flat ground i can atk them, but not from high ground. I think hex is bugged where my pioneer stands. Map is Thermopylae. Or maybe someone has some explanation i cant think of?
there´s an escarpment blocking ur attack. they are kinda tough to see on the 3d map. if u scroll out to strategic view u can see them more easily.

sers,
Thomas
Illynore

Post by Illynore »

Grondel wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:43 am
Illynore wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:47 am https://imgur.com/a/0BVuBkx

there´s an escarpment blocking ur attack. they are kinda tough to see on the 3d map. if u scroll out to strategic view u can see them more easily.

sers,
Thomas
Wow, didnt even think such thing exists in this game. Again i learn new things about this game. Cheers, you guys know so much. Thanks for that and your replies, I appreciate :)
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

hi i have run in to a sriput error in the game for the cashes in the start of 1945 campiagn it happen with all of them on the map how do i fix it
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-09-09 130137.png
Screenshot 2023-09-09 130137.png (221.49 KiB) Viewed 956 times
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

CaptainRope1 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:08 pm hi i have run in to a sriput error in the game for the cashes in the start of 1945 campiagn it happen with all of them on the map how do i fix it
i have the same weird script-error with one of my cores only. so it seems core related. for me it happens only when i use the core that went the ahistorical way.

could u send me the core u were using and the savefile so i can dig deeper into this? i don´t expect any dev support on this issue any more.

sers,
Thomas
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

Grondel wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:54 pm
CaptainRope1 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:08 pm hi i have run in to a sriput error in the game for the cashes in the start of 1945 campiagn it happen with all of them on the map how do i fix it
i have the same weird script-error with one of my cores only. so it seems core related. for me it happens only when i use the core that went the ahistorical way.

could u send me the core u were using and the savefile so i can dig deeper into this? i don´t expect any dev support on this issue any more.

sers,
Thomas
how do i send you my save files new to pc stuff like this
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

on the second mission in 1945 the air support one and i cant open the shop menu because the game keeps crashing and i dont know why please help
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

CaptainRope1 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:36 pm on the second mission in 1945 the air support one and i cant open the shop menu because the game keeps crashing and i dont know why please help
Hi everyone who has a scriping bug for the first altrnate hisstory mission in 1945 do not go for the cashes as its will break future missions for you i have all ready reports this a mouth or two a go dont know if they will fix it after the 1946 DLC releases
Last edited by CaptainRope1 on Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”