DLC Update Thread

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by zappel »

Just for my interest: will the vanilla campaign also be reconditioned to use the improvements since version 1.00?
peter666
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by peter666 »

I would like to see more graphic detail in the games. Be able to zoom in closer. Maybe have a combat window in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Allow for hero upgrades as they use their skills they get more bonuses.
piotrekxg
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by piotrekxg »

A couple more things that come to my mind (if it's not too late).

1) during deployment faze enable to see unit heroes by right click on the unit in the reserve list or by pop-up screen when moving a cursor over hero icon.

2) more powerful heroes in late DLC's. Getting a +2 or +3 hero in the early stages of DLC 39-41 can really make a difference (sometimes it means +50% of units attack of defense powers). However in 42 to 45 it is not such a big of a deal. Another issue is that most heroes I get were +1, bad luck I suppose :( so why not introducing +4 and +5 heroes in late DLC's (the weakest would be +3).
3) sometimes one unit gets two or more heroes enhancing the same statistics (attack, defense, spotting etc). It is nice when you get +3 and +2 attack heroes to one unit but when you get +1 spotting twice it sort of feels like a waste of a hero slot.

4) my dream option would be to let the player choose which stat he wants to enhance. Let's say a window pops up saying that you received a +1 hero and let the player decide. If its artillery I would prefer range and movement hero rather than spotting or initiative.
borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by borsook79 »

piotrekxg wrote:A couple more things that come to my mind (if it's not too late).

1) during deployment faze enable to see unit heroes by right click on the unit in the reserve list or by pop-up screen when moving a cursor over hero icon.
This has been added in the last patch (the hovering thing, not right click)
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
piotrekxg

Post by piotrekxg »

Borsook wrote:
piotrekxg wrote:A couple more things that come to my mind (if it's not too late).

This has been added in the last patch (the hovering thing, not right click)
Good to know, thanks Borsook! :) I still use unit names for that which is also a nice option. I came up with special code for that - if a unit has let's say +2 attack, +1 defense + 3 spotting- that would be "A2D1S3" but I bet many players do that - you just need to be systematic with changing names right after unit is awarded with a hero.
shawkhan
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by shawkhan »

You can see unit stats during deployment by using alt=click.
Many of us use that exact same hero stat system.
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

shawkhan wrote:You can see unit stats during deployment by using alt=click.
Many of us use that exact same hero stat system.
They are also displayed when you hover over heroes' icons.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

Return to “Panzer Corps”