Italian Campaign 2.0 (v.1.99b on 31st of May, 2023.)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

mc261209
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Italian Campaign 2.0 (v.1.9 on 30th March 2017)

Post by mc261209 »

This mod is equal to Italia Victor! ?
Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by Uhu »

Italia Victor was created later as the IC. Some of the scenarios, especially in the beginning, could look in the first view equal, because both were originally created by Nikivdd and therefore they base on them. On the other hand, already there are big differences, as other units with other stats participate in the battles for example. Every other part and aspect is different. (OK, probably there are similar Italian units too ;) ).
mc261209 wrote:This mod is equal to Italia Victor! ?
Carfax
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Carfax »

Hi Uhu
In the Tunisi scenario (mareth) the camo change of the m11/39 form green to desert cost the full PPs of a new tank (210). All other tanks are working as intended. I noticed that the m11/39 is only available in the desert camo and all other tanks are there in both camo variants. Maybe this could be a part of the problem.
Regards
Carfax
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Hello Carfax,
Thanks for the report! I looked into the eqp: true, M11/39 normal has no upgrade family with the desert. I will correct it.
On the other hand, the normal version is already available in France (Nice). But it's again true, that later it will be no more available. I changed it now to late 1941, so it will be "upgradeable" back from desert camo to normal. But I must say, it is not a very good choice: I could hold out in France with the T-26, later with the Char B1 too and I upgraded my L3's only, when the M13/40's were available (I even did not upgrade to Flame). With that, I could save a lot of prestige. And the losses of the L3's could be replenished for a cheap price. But that's on "few prestige - Rommel" difficulty, I know, it is more colorful to play with more types of armor.

About the German translation. I would ask you, if you can use the briefings from the briefings mod folder, to start with. If you are familiar with the editor, that would be for me also a great help to not copy out every in-game message, so that you would go into it, make the German translation and save with a different filename, for example Nice-Deutsch. But if you are not so familiar, I will copy out the messages and send you.

...you are already at Tunis? :shock: You did really not waste your time! ;)

Carfax wrote:Hi Uhu
In the Tunisi scenario (mareth) the camo change of the m11/39 form green to desert cost the full PPs of a new tank (210). All other tanks are working as intended. I noticed that the m11/39 is only available in the desert camo and all other tanks are there in both camo variants. Maybe this could be a part of the problem.
Regards
Carfax
Carfax

Post by Carfax »

Hi
the camo problem just caught my eye because its stated in the briefing specificly that the upgade could be done without any cost. Maybe it is an option to give the m11/39 the same camo switch as the t26 you can get as a reward in spain? This way you don´t have to keep it purchaseable all the time.
Regarding the translation: i intend to keep the file structure intact. compress it as a zip/rar/7z (your choice) and send you the compressed data. if you are interrested i can send you a sample right away. As i started of the top im done with the albania scen including all victory conditions and pop up text. I renamed the files to e.g. Albania_ExtraA_ger.pzbrf but i can save them differently i you prefer it any other way.
Regards
Carfax
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Sure, keeping the file structure is the best! Just do only the ones please, which scn-s are finished.
Thank you!
Carfax wrote:Hi
the camo problem just caught my eye because its stated in the briefing specificly that the upgade could be done without any cost. Maybe it is an option to give the m11/39 the same camo switch as the t26 you can get as a reward in spain? This way you don´t have to keep it purchaseable all the time.
Regarding the translation: i intend to keep the file structure intact. compress it as a zip/rar/7z (your choice) and send you the compressed data. if you are interrested i can send you a sample right away. As i started of the top im done with the albania scen including all victory conditions and pop up text. I renamed the files to e.g. Albania_ExtraA_ger.pzbrf but i can save them differently i you prefer it any other way.
Regards
Carfax
Carfax

Post by Carfax »

Ok. Up to which scen does the 1st part go. Then i will continue in chronological order
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

There are 3 pictures in the campaign zip "Campaign history 01.png", 02, 03, which shows the complete campaign path. The latest scn, which is finished is Tobruk'42.
Carfax wrote:Ok. Up to which scen does the 1st part go. Then i will continue in chronological order
demyansk
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by demyansk »

I am enjoying this campaign and I am at the end of one of the scenarios right now. It stated that I can use GME with the DMP North Africa Graphics Pack, I am looking for the individual file of this download but having a hard time finding it. Could someone send me the link if at all possible?

Thanks
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

I do not understand exactly the situation: you play now the latest version (v1.9 Part 1)? Because there is no more DMP North Africa graphics part - the mod uses now the vanilla desert graphics, so you do not need any extra install.
demyansk wrote:I am enjoying this campaign and I am at the end of one of the scenarios right now. It stated that I can use GME with the DMP North Africa Graphics Pack, I am looking for the individual file of this download but having a hard time finding it. Could someone send me the link if at all possible?

Thanks
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

oh, let me see
doktorbole
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by doktorbole »

Hello,

First I would like to thank and congratulate Uhu, Nikivdd and everybody else involved for making this campaign.Adding in scenario messages, new graphic art and revision/reworking of scenarios brought new experience for me to already known campaign. "Addiction" feel is here and I can't stop playing.

But, I've noticed 2 things.First is related to light cruiser which is part of your core units when you start the campaign.During deployment phase of Greece1 scenario cruiser can not be placed anywhere on the map, not on sea tiles and there is no special tile to "park" this naval unit. After I've completed Greece1 with DV and started Greece2 light cruiser is gone from list of core units. I'm sure that it's not intended to be like that because there is a special tile in Bessarabia scenario to "park" the cruiser and save it for later on. It's expensive and valuable unit which would be handy later on in the campaign.

Second thing is related to availability of units and equipment during the campaign. For example Bersaglieri infantry and MC 202 fighter are not available even at beginning of 1942 which is kind of strange because Bersaglieri fought in Southern France 1940 and in Greece 1941. MC 202 was introduced in service in July 1941 and in November of 1941 it was engaged in air combat on Libyan front in North Africa.
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Hi,
thank you for your feedback! I'm happy, you like the features of the new version! :)

- First issue: this is strange, because I played and later also tested it with quick, DV-cheats the campaign and it do not disappeared. It shouldn't anyway, because at Greece1, there is no "you have to place all units at the start, or they will be removed" order. I quick-tested it now again, even with Greece2_german scn, but the core cruiser is still there. I do not know, what the cause could be. Would you make some test, that you load the end save from Sidi, proceed to Greece1, activate the DV-cheat (CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+C , than "endscn0") and look, what happens in Greece2 - is your cruiser still there? It is also strange, because, at Tug Argan, you already had the situation, where you could'nt place the cruiser, still it did not vanished.
I can make a try, by placing a naval start hex at Durres, to see if it help avoid such this issue.
Anyway, please report, what happened with your tries!

UPDATE: hmm, I looked now the scn in the editor and it showed that the "Clear reserve after deployed" option is on. OK, than the issue is solved!
Sorry for that, that means, either you have to replay Greece1, after I/you edited this issue out of the scn, or an additional core light cruiser can be added with editing the Greece2 scn. But than only the xp and possible existing heroes of your cruiser can be replaced, the kills for raising later heroes will be lost.

- Second issue: Bersaglieris - As I remember, it is intentional, reflecting the rarity of the Bersaglieri units. I come from the assumption, that the player have already bought/upgraded at least one Bersaglieri in the early stage of the campaign. (I play my campaign with 2 Alpinis and 1 Bersaglieris ans infantry and it is enough because there are always aux inf too). But I reconsider the theme, it can happen, that I still give the opportunity for a later buy/upgrade.

About the MC.202s - I follow now most time the availability table of the BE 1.8 mod - there the player get an early MC.202, but because of slow the manufacturing rate, the buy/upgrade is only later possible. Also I take into consideration, that earlier campaign versions were fought with the G.50, which has about the same value as the MC.200. So I do not want to disturb the sensitive balance.
I have at First El-Alamein 7x MC.200s, most of it overpowered to 13 strength (I sold the gift fighter-bomber plane). With the aux help, and my 2-3x AA guns, it should be enough. I always say, that with the Italians you only have the chance, if you focus on the arty corps and the fighter corps. Of course, there could be other successful choices, but on Rommel, that is the best solution.

doktorbole wrote:Hello,
First I would like to thank and congratulate Uhu, Nikivdd and everybody else involved for making this campaign.Adding in scenario messages, new graphic art and revision/reworking of scenarios brought new experience for me to already known campaign. "Addiction" feel is here and I can't stop playing.

But, I've noticed 2 things.First is related to light cruiser which is part of your core units when you start the campaign.During deployment phase of Greece1 scenario cruiser can not be placed anywhere on the map, not on sea tiles and there is no special tile to "park" this naval unit. After I've completed Greece1 with DV and started Greece2 light cruiser is gone from list of core units. I'm sure that it's not intended to be like that because there is a special tile in Bessarabia scenario to "park" the cruiser and save it for later on. It's expensive and valuable unit which would be handy later on in the campaign.

Second thing is related to availability of units and equipment during the campaign. For example Bersaglieri infantry and MC 202 fighter are not available even at beginning of 1942 which is kind of strange because Bersaglieri fought in Southern France 1940 and in Greece 1941. MC 202 was introduced in service in July 1941 and in November of 1941 it was engaged in air combat on Libyan front in North Africa.
doktorbole
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by doktorbole »

Hello Uhu,

Thank you kindly for your detailed response and explanation.What you are saying regarding equipment availability makes sense.As for the light cruiser issue I'm glad that you were able to fix this minor bug.I'm finishing Crete scenario right now and have replaced missing cruiser with a tactical bomber so I don't intend to bring the cruiser back.I'm just assuming that there are no more scenarios in the campaign which would require that light cruiser as it was case with Tug Argan scenario where player had to put cruiser on a sea tile guarding island of Lampedusa.
Once more,great job on this campaign,thank you for bringing it to PC fans.
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

It was Mareth. :) As I remember, there will be no more such placing circumstances. It is interesting though, how the game will differ for you without the cruiser (I think, with it, it is some way more interesting, because the player has to take care also on the see), let's see. Anyway, I'm happy, if you write reports about your fights in the scenarios.
Thanks for the thanks! :)
doktorbole wrote:Hello Uhu,
it was case with Tug Argan scenario where player had to put cruiser on a sea tile guarding island of Lampedusa.
Once more,great job on this campaign,thank you for bringing it to PC fans.
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

OK guys, because one of our comrade found a campaign-critical bug in Greece1 scenario (you loose your core light cruiser), I fixed it and uploaded the fixed mod, named v1.91!
If you are playing the Greece1 scn right now, sorry, but you need to reload the last Sidi scn save before it and continue from that point.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Has anyone won this campaign? I just lost all of my units in the first match up with the Soviets. Whoa
doktorbole
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by doktorbole »

I have finished Bessarabia scenario with DV playing on General level difficulty.Yes,initial onslaught of Soviets is hard,but what I did was,first I gained air superiority after first 3-4 turns.Second,front is too long to be held entirely with units available,so I used natural bottlenecks (river crossings are also ideal) on the map to stop the Soviet advance by grouping my armor and veteran infantry backed by artillery.That way they can't charge at you in mass,only one or two Soviet units per turn can attack your battle groups.Also sacrifice Romanian units to slow down Soviet advance and buy time. After 7-8 turns I was able to destroy most of their armor and artillery and afterwards is easy.
There were 2 big waves of Soviet aircraft attacking towards the end of the scenario,after I've captured Kotovsk but it wasn't hard to deal with them.
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Well done, good strategy!
Bottleneck tactics are also good to earn a lot of prestige by capturing enemy units, for example in the very south, or in the very north defense points. Also a few mobile, "firefighter" unit is needed to deal with the Soviet attackers, coming over the river at several places with the help of the bridge engineers. Also, it useful to attack over the river as soon as possible at the second southern defense point, where a bridge exists. It will disrupt Soviet troops both south and north from it. The other over-the-river Axis attacker group will be at the very north, in the direction of east, but it can be initiated only very late, after all Soviet attacker in that region are eliminated.
doktorbole wrote:I have finished Bessarabia scenario with DV playing on General level difficulty.Yes,initial onslaught of Soviets is hard,but what I did was,first I gained air superiority after first 3-4 turns.Second,front is too long to be held entirely with units available,so I used natural bottlenecks (river crossings are also ideal) on the map to stop the Soviet advance by grouping my armor and veteran infantry backed by artillery.That way they can't charge at you in mass,only one or two Soviet units per turn can attack your battle groups.Also sacrifice Romanian units to slow down Soviet advance and buy time. After 7-8 turns I was able to destroy most of their armor and artillery and afterwards is easy.
There were 2 big waves of Soviet aircraft attacking towards the end of the scenario,after I've captured Kotovsk but it wasn't hard to deal with them.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I also think I have the wrong units
Only 2 tanks
4-5 infantry units
About 3 artillery pieces
4-5 fighters
5-6 tactical bombers
1 as unit
1 strategic bomber

How do I get rid or sell back units? I never have used that option

Anything else?

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”