Pike & Shot wargames club online meetup opponents ?

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

JohnWise
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Pike & Shot wargames club online meetup opponents ?

Post by JohnWise »

Hi all,

Is there such a thing as a Pike & Shot online wargames club ? where just like in the traditional
tabletop wargaming with miniature figurines, there's an online get together where P&S wargamers
like myself who are nearby or spread far & wide; in my case I'm a British Expat in Asturias in Northern
Spain, can get together with like minded opponents for a P&S battle of an evening ?

Of course I already know you have tournaments but I just wondered if there's something
like a tabletop wargaming online clubhouse that gets together either once a month, once a fortnight
or maybe even once a week for battles of the English Civil War etc using P&S Campaigns ?
Maybe you even have your own P&S wargaming site Facebook Group, who knows ?

Anyway please let me know.

John.
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Pike & Shot wargames club online meetup opponents ?

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Welcome to the P&S Regulars Campaign Club John.

If you travel down all the Topics of the Tournament & Leagues you will find all the P&S Club Members.

Many of us are Table Top Gamers too. I was a big fan of WRG's DBR which lead me on to the computerised version of tabletop Renassiance Wargaming, namely P&S, which I have been playing since its release in 2015.

If you want to meet regular gamers join our Campaigns, place Open Challenges using armies that you like, and before long you will be emersed in a group of gamers that you enjoy playing.

If you can play gamers who live in the same time zone then you could exchange many moves in a session.

You could set up your Group here in Tournaments & Leagues, call it what ever you like.
Every time there is a post into it your Page it will go to the Top of the Topics List so be easily found.

Hope that helps.
ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by ahuyton »

I echo Brian's remarks.

John, you would be very welcome to join in, the group is very friendly and we have a lot of fun with the games. Because of time differences and various commitments we are playing offline but with the comments in-game and online in the forum it creates a good club atmosphere. And in doing so we can play our esteemed opponents in New Zealand (Kiwiwarlord, Awesum4 and Gdod) and in the US (Lascar, SMJohnso77, Snuggles) as well as the UK (PeterthePainter, Doyley50, GentlemanRanker and myself). Apologies to those I have forgotten!

Look forward to playing and happy to pick up an ECW challenge of your choosing. Perhaps that could develop into a campaign?

Alan
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Hi John,

It's difficult to get everyone together for a day. Hence, multi-player games usually revolve around a few weeks rather than a day. Most corresponding is through a campaign or tournament forum, and pm messages. However, our dozen or so P&S enthusiasts continue to stay in regular touch, and actively support Slitherine Pike and Shot.

Alan's campaigns, such as the Valois Habsburg Wars are very well run and are always supported by reliable opponents.
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

GDod wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:19 am Alan's campaigns, such as the Valois Habsburg Wars are very well run and are always supported by reliable opponents.
That should read "awesum4 " otherwise known as " Andre " running the Valois Wars.

Alan has run many great campaigns too.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:42 am
GDod wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:19 am Alan's campaigns, such as the Valois Habsburg Wars are very well run and are always supported by reliable opponents.
That should read "awesum4 " otherwise known as " Andre " running the Valois Wars.

Alan has run many great campaigns too.
Apologies to Andre... Mea culpa

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”