No Spy Standalone (useable with 1.5.5 Beta)

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

Xilmi
Pandora Community Developer

No Spy Standalone (useable with 1.5.5 Beta)

Post by Xilmi »

Redid the mod real quick without anything else.

Installing instructions (stolen from Blackarchon's mod):

Download and extract this file to the following path: "C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Roaming\Proxy Studios\Pandora Beta" (or "C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Roaming\Proxy Studios\Pandora" if you aren't using Pandora Beta)
Note: You won't be able to see this folder with the Windows default settings - you have to enable "show hidden files" before.
Pro tip: Hit <Windows>+R on your keyboard, then enter "%appdata%" - this will get you faster to "C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Roaming\"!
Attachments
NoSpy.zip
(2.06 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
PlotinusRedux
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: No Spy Standalone (useable with 1.5.5 Beta)

Post by PlotinusRedux »

The simple solution to cheap wins is just to not use them--I just don't use spies, but don't mind defending against them.

What would be great is to make them more balanced. Maybe allow defensive spies in cities, and offensive spies have to defeat before they can conduct their missions, or at least have them make missions more difficult. Or just reduce the effect of spies, especially in small cities. Of course I'm sure that would take code changes, including AI code to have it actually keep spies in cities to defend.
Xilmi

Post by Xilmi »

A rework of spies is considered.
I think a first big step in the right direction would be to scale the amount stolen with the size of the city that is spied from in relation to the total population of an empire.

Having that newly founded nearby colony give you access to steal about 100% of their research and credits every turn is just ridiculous. Citysize/TotalPopulation of their research and credits would be much saner.
spydermr2
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by spydermr2 »

Is this useable if you aren't using the 1.5.5 Beta? (I'm going to try anyway, but thought I'd ask)
Xilmi

Post by Xilmi »

Yes, sure.
Xilmi

Post by Xilmi »

This mod is incompatible with 1.6.0 and, in my opinion, also no longer needed since the spies have been toned down enough to not feel as brokenly imbalanced as they did before.

Return to “Pandora : Modders Corner”