Bug in peace deals: Absorb nation leads to double conquest penalties

Post here your feedback and thoughts about the upcoming Diplomacy update.

Moderator: Pocus

regtom
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Bug in peace deals: Absorb nation leads to double conquest penalties

Post by regtom »

Observation on strange behaviour for settling peace deals (current open beta 1.0.6.7 patch 2):
Rome campaign, my opponent Dacia had 4 province homeland and some cluttered Germanic regions from previous wars. After occupying the homelands in a lengthy war (360+ warscore) I want to settle for peace, as I can not reach the remaining provinces for anhillation victory.
a) If I select only the regions I want, the selection in peace menue does end after a certain number of clicks (I assume 10 or 11 items) and does not allow any changes to the conditons. Seems like a UI limitation in peace deal screen. I had the same situation with peace deals with other bigger factions.
b) If I demand "Absorb nation" (which for this 4+ province country was a too cheap 116 warscore, but could be resulting from high war exhaustion on their side), then all the transferred regions get 2 penalties after transfer: "just conquered" and "under pacification" at the same time (each 4 turns in all fully previously pacified regions, different lengts in few regions 2+4 turns, but still both penalties). This double stacking 60 loyalty penalty and -75% food and infra penalty is desastrous for the economy in these regions. If I would get the regions directly in peace deal (or anhillation victory) they get no penalties on top to current pacification status.
c) With absorb nation I got 4 regions within Germanic tribes territory. 2 I could "abandon" via army option button, for 1 regions this option was not available (although military unit present and no fort), "pillage" button is available instead, one other had no military (and no access) and I would have to wait for "just conqured" modifier to go away. Thus the only way to get rid of these regions is trade to any friendly other factions (e.g. level 1tribe to loose it to rebels in next king death civil war).

In general I like the diplomatic changes, especially the option to trade for regions with friendly factions or client subjects to complete provinces or get rid of unwanted regions. As stated in other treads the value of iron or manpower in "transactions" should be more balanced compared to "client state" or "transfer regions" values.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: Bug in peace deals: Absorb nation leads to double conquest penalties

Post by Pocus »

Values for resources is being adjusted in beta round 3.
You can indeed only add 12 entries, but you can delete some (right click) to add others. This is not really an UI limitation, this is done on purpose somehow, to stay within a certain reasonable limit, both for the AI and you. We don't want either the AI to ask for say 15 entries...
Do you have the save before you do the deal, so I can check why the new regions get this double penalty?
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
regtom

Re: Bug in peace deals: Absorb nation leads to double conquest penalties

Post by regtom »

I just returned from travel: I tried again now with latest Beta patch 3, but issue b and c are still the same. See savegame (as of open beta 1.0.6.7 patch 2)
Limitation of peace demand items makes sense, but then you should limit "absorb nation" as well to a certain size of target (i.e. max 12 regions size)

Issue b) "double penalty" 4 turns happens for all absorbed dacian provinces
Issue c) "no abandon option" happened for Thorunium (Prusia), which is not getting any "just conquered" or "under pacification" flag and has an "absorbed" unit in it, but abandon is possible for the other single regions in Germania with unit in it

Save is including modding: I use no delay in building option reshuffle, thus rather homogenous building chains in regions

Remark: I tried to attach savegame it but ca not see it in post so I am not sure if file is shared. Please give instruction on how to share a Zip

Return to “Diplomacy Open Beta”