Beginner's Guide Video Series

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Jorgito78
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Beginner's Guide Video Series

Post by Jorgito78 »

Just came across this thread and wanted to show my appreciation to Mark & Chris for their videos. I started playing FOG2 a couple of weeks ago and these videos really did help me to get the hang of most basic and some advanced concepts of the game.
SuitedQueens
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by SuitedQueens »

Jorgito78 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:07 pm Just came across this thread and wanted to show my appreciation to Mark & Chris for their videos. I started playing FOG2 a couple of weeks ago and these videos really did help me to get the hang of most basic and some advanced concepts of the game.
Same story here. I began playing 4 days ago and finished the tutorial 3 times until I mastered the basic concepts and had less than 5% loses in the first 2 missions and 15% in the 3rd one. Then I thoughtfully watched these two video series, which clarified a lot of things that were rather briefly discussed in the manual. I hopped into quick battles on Difficulty IV and destroyed AI effortlessly even without exploiting 5 squares aggro trick. I'm playing with Rise of AI mod (essential mod) now and getting ready for MP games. I recommend both of those series for everyone new.
vakarr
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by vakarr »

Thanks for the kind comments... it's easy to show appreciation for the effort I made to put them together, and to encourage me to make more - just buy a copy of "The Gods of Battle", available as an E-book or as a hard back! :D :lol: :lol: you won't regret it, there's a lot packed in there about ancient warfare in general, it's not just about the Thracians.
MarkShot
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by MarkShot »

SuitedQueens,

I was just a poster. It was actual Mike and Chris who broke down the mechanics of the game with such excellent presentations.

@Richard, if you are reading, I have not been following the new game, but you should definitely get a cross link from your new forum to this thread of POA and ZOC education. I imagine it is still invaluable.

PS: Chris Webber and Mike Chung
KaydenSanders
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by KaydenSanders »

I am incredibly grateful to you for this series of videos, they are very helpful. I am currently watching these videos and am learning a lot. I also decided to take the evening today by reading The Book Thief, which I learned about at https://samploon.com/free-essays/the-book-thief/ The description of the book interested me incredibly strongly and I began to read. This is a historical fiction novel about the Second World War, which takes place in Germany. Told through the eyes of Death, this novel provides a glimpse into the lives of ordinary people in Molching, Germany, where Jews and many others are persecuted under Hitler.
MikeC_81
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by MikeC_81 »

These videos might be dangerously out of date given that I have not been active in the game for a very long time now. I am probably going to take these down unless RBS wants them still up. I still get random comments on them from time to time and I am afraid I may be passing on outdated information.
Stratford Scramble Tournament

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=494&t=99766&p=861093#p861093

FoG 2 Post Game Analysis Series on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKmEROEwX2fgjoQLlQULhPg/
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

MikeC_81 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:48 am These videos might be dangerously out of date given that I have not been active in the game for a very long time now. I am probably going to take these down unless RBS wants them still up. I still get random comments on them from time to time and I am afraid I may be passing on outdated information.
I doubt if there are any important errors in them. I have sent you a PM with the latest Patch Notes file detailing all changes so far.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”