BA2 Bug

Tech support for Battle Academy 2

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

kagee
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

BA2 Bug

Post by kagee »

Recently, I created several skirmish scenarios with German Armor units that had the bombardment capability and found out that I could bombard well past the range of the unit ie 10+ squares greater than posted for that unit.  I uninstalled BA2 and reinstalled with no change; the range I was able to bombard was/is apparently limitless even though the bombardment icon indicates I'm out of range!  Is there something I'm overlooking?  Does anyone know how I can correct this?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: BA2 Bug

Post by Paul59 »

kagee wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:30 pm Recently, I created several skirmish scenarios with German Armor units that had the bombardment capability and found out that I could bombard well past the range of the unit ie 10+ squares greater than posted for that unit.  I uninstalled BA2 and reinstalled with no change; the range I was able to bombard was/is apparently limitless even though the bombardment icon indicates I'm out of range!  Is there something I'm overlooking?  Does anyone know how I can correct this?
Are you getting confused between the units maximum direct fire range and it's bombard (indirect fire) range?

Bombard ranges are intentionally much longer than the direct fire range, it is historical not a bug. The Hummel for instance has a direct fire range of only 8 tiles, but it has a bombard range of 40.

My apologies if I have misunderstood what you wrote.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

kagee wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:30 pm..the range I was able to bombard was/is apparently limitless even though the bombardment icon indicates I'm out of range!..
It's normal like Paul said, but if you can tell me which Skirmish mod you were using, and which specific arty units were involved I'll run some tests to double-check to see if it really is a bug..:)
kagee

Post by kagee »

Thank you so much for responding and setting me straight. I was in a skirmish with a Hummel when I discovered I could indirectly bombard >8 squares and thought to continue would be cheating so I resigned the game! My bad for calling this a bug. I thought my game was so corrupted that I'd have to quit playing BA2.

Return to “Tech Support”