LnL won't work on Win 7

Jagger2002
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

LnL won't work on Win 7

Post by Jagger2002 »

I picked up LnL over the holidays. I installed it on my main Win10 computer which is hooked up to the internet. It works fine.

However, I have a Win 7 computer in another room which is not hooked up to the internet. I installed the setup and tried to play it. The first startup screen comes up and it allows me to select "Play Lock n Load" button. But then, after a short period, I get a window that states LnL has stopped working.

So I moved the win 7 computer, hooked up to the internet and re-installed with the setup file. Still doesn't work. Then I installed the V110 update. It installed and then I was given a notice about C++. I left the box checked and it took me to a screen in which I could repair C++ or uninstall. I checked repair. The computer appeared to do some sort of download and C++ 2008 was apparently good to go. So everything done, I tried to restart the game again with it now updated to V110 and C++ repaired. Again I had the same problem as before. Able to select play but then a windows screen stating LnL has stopped working.

Any ideas what I can do to solve this problem?
Jagger2002

Re: LnL won't work on Win 7

Post by Jagger2002 »

Problem solved. I don't normally use sound in that room and didn't have any speakers hooked up. Hooked up some speakers and the game worked fine. Such a simple little solution.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

quite a few games need speakers attached, even if not using, or game will think there are none and give a error, glad you got it sorted
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

Yes, Paulo responded to my problem and requested I do a DxDiag on the computer. As I was running the DxDiag, I reached the sound portion of the test and noticed the lack of sound. At that point, I had some vague recollection of a similar problem way back when and thought to try hooking up the speakers. Dealing with computers is often like entering the Twilight Zone. Better have your wits about you. A sixth sense helps too.

Return to “Lock 'n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad - Tech Support”