Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

Post by Grondel »

Hubbfrosch wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:14 am I restarted the campaign (Prelude + 1 battle in Poland, 'Generalissimus') and want to give some feedback:
  • These scenarios end, when the primary mission is fulfilled. In some cases this can cost you the secondary objective (like capturing all airfields in Poland). Sure you can adapt to this, but it is not consistent. Scenarios later on in the mod end only when the turn limit is reached.
missions where the main objective is to capture something should always end when that is achieved.
If one of the main objectives is to hold something the scenario will play full length.
Only exception i am aware of atm is first one of weserübung where i have not found a way yet to have the blücher objective trigger if the scenario ends before the last turn.
Hubbfrosch wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:14 am
  • I think it is impossible to do the 4th Prelude mission in the way the briefing suggests (Conquer the island --> move on to the western main objective). Please give me a hint if I am wrong about this.
I always do it like this and did it on generallissimus with DvG.
Hints:
- the enemy air is very strong over the island. go fighter heavy(i tend to have 6 fighters, 1 recon and one JU87 that bombs the bunker on the east side) at first and once the enemy air is reduced make use of the undeploy hex to replace some fighters with bombers.
- make sure to guard ur units when embarked on the sea with fightercover.
- a harbour works as a supply line. try to take the north eastern harbour on the turn after landing. don´t try to go for the supply hex.
- in the north eastern corner of the map is a bunker guarding a harbour. that harbor nets some extra prestige upon capture.
- harbours can be blocked by boats. after u have controle of the north eastern harbour and the supply hex u can block the rest of the enemy from supply with 1 boat. be sure to block of ur own harbour as well, sadly supply lines can go through enemy harbours.

hope this helps.

sers,
Thomas
fmscherer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by fmscherer »

Kummersdorf 43:
starting by turn 4 the target dummies are shooting back! To a point where I cannot use most of my fighters anymore against the air "dummies". Similar with the tank "dummies". Is this on purpose?
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

fmscherer wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:56 pm Kummersdorf 43:
starting by turn 4 the target dummies are shooting back! To a point where I cannot use most of my fighters anymore against the air "dummies". Similar with the tank "dummies". Is this on purpose?
nope, they should be out of ammo for the whole scenario.
The script has no turn counter, a little clueless why it would work on turn 1-3 and stopp on turn 4.

Did u do anything special there like save/load or something?

sers,
Thomas
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

fmscherer wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:56 pm Kummersdorf 43:
Did a quick test and as u can see no ammo on turn 5 on the planes.
No idea what bugging u there.

sers,
Thomas
Hubbfrosch
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Hubbfrosch »

About 'Prelude', scenario 4: your tips were helful. Usually I build my core with only a few aircraft and rely more on AA guns. For this map I now extended my airforce and could do it as intended. Still I think, landing on the island is risky. I found it way safer, to directly land on the north-eastern corner of the map (near the bunker). You then can either ignore the island or capture it at the end, if you have enough turns left.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Hubbfrosch wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:27 am About 'Prelude', scenario 4: your tips were helful. Usually I build my core with only a few aircraft and rely more on AA guns. For this map I now extended my airforce and could do it as intended. Still I think, landing on the island is risky. I found it way safer, to directly land on the north-eastern corner of the map (near the bunker). You then can either ignore the island or capture it at the end, if you have enough turns left.
It´s a military training scenario. if u have ever participated in one, the fact that u would never do that in a real battle could be familiar. :)

sers,
Thomas
Hubbfrosch
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Hubbfrosch »

I have finished the 1939 campaign. Overall I found it balanced nicely. I failed some scenarios, but could do them comfortably on the 2nd try.

The "Spoils of war" challenge is a bit crazy. I got saved by a camouflaged 8,8 Flak and the "artificial idiot" (AI). If you do not capture Siedlce asap and keep it, the computer gets out of control splits and outflanks you with still amazingly large forces.

Since you also do some modifications to units: Would it be possible to add the Hs-123 tactical bomber as a purchasable unit? Or maybe as event unit? Production ended in 1937, but it was still in frontline service at Kursk 1943.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Hubbfrosch wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:04 am I have finished the 1939 campaign. Overall I found it balanced nicely. I failed some scenarios, but could do them comfortably on the 2nd try.

The "Spoils of war" challenge is a bit crazy. I got saved by a camouflaged 8,8 Flak and the "artificial idiot" (AI). If you do not capture Siedlce asap and keep it, the computer gets out of control splits and outflanks you with still amazingly large forces.

Since you also do some modifications to units: Would it be possible to add the Hs-123 tactical bomber as a purchasable unit? Or maybe as event unit? Production ended in 1937, but it was still in frontline service at Kursk 1943.
I´ll look into the Hs-123, prob is mostly a decent modell.

Did u trigger the "Spoilsport"-event in Spoils of War? Have u ever dared to step foot beyond the river?

sers,
Thomas
Hubbfrosch
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Hubbfrosch »

"Spoilsport"? No... did not have turns left to move beyond the airfields. Maybe the paratroopers could do this...

The Hs-123 is in the game already for the Legion Condor.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Hubbfrosch wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:46 pm "Spoilsport"? No... did not have turns left to move beyond the airfields. Maybe the paratroopers could do this...

The Hs-123 is in the game already for the Legion Condor.
When u take too much of the vic hexes (10+ if i remember correctly) the Russians will start a even bigger assault.

Ah, ok. if a modell is around i´ll look into it.

sers,
Thomas
charge62
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by charge62 »

Hi Grondel,

I play through Steam and have subscribed to the mod. The mod is active in the mod manager and I can play the GC.

I'd like to find the files with the new hero handling to see how you did it.

However, when I looked in the mods folder, the old 2022 files for the GC were showing up. I've since deleted them and can still play the GC.

Are the files somewhere other than Documents\MyGames\PanzerCorps2\Mods\ ?

Thanks
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

charge62 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:24 pm . . .
They are part of the Steam install.
C\Program files(86)\steam\steamapps\workshop\content\##\##\Campaigns\
Where ## are random numbers.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

dalfrede wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:08 pm
charge62 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:24 pm . . .
They are part of the Steam install.
C\Program files(86)\steam\steamapps\workshop\content\##\##\Campaigns\
Where ## are random numbers.
I´m pretty sure those numbers are not random, but the steam-game id and steam-mod id. :) let´s find out.
The numbers should be:
...\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\1072040\2410075863\...

sers,
Thomas
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

Grondel wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:39 am I´m pretty sure those numbers are not random, but the steam-game id and steam-mod id. :) let´s find out.
The numbers should be:
Matches with mine, so not random.
But to a user trying to navigate a directory it might as well be random.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

dalfrede wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:53 am
Grondel wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:39 am I´m pretty sure those numbers are not random, but the steam-game id and steam-mod id. :) let´s find out.
The numbers should be:
Matches with mine, so not random.
But to a user trying to navigate a directory it might as well be random.
If u have mods for more than one game and have more than one mod for the game ur looking for, that number comes in very handy. ;)

Can look like this, and if ur looking for something specific most ppl will go "Ah fu it, not worth the effort."

sers,
Thomas
charge62
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by charge62 »

Thanks for the replies.
andreiven
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by andreiven »

Hello,

In the Modlin scenario in 1939, how do you capture the fort without damaging it? I surrounded the whole area all the polish units were out of supply (in the red) but no capture occured. What am I missing?
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

andreiven wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:01 pm Hello,

In the Modlin scenario in 1939, how do you capture the fort without damaging it? I surrounded the whole area all the polish units were out of supply (in the red) but no capture occured. What am I missing?
The Fort needs to have a suppression of 15+.
Once that is reached it will either flip or u get more information on what to do.

sers,
Thomas
Hubbfrosch
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Hubbfrosch »

Hallo Thomas,

I found a few problems / exploits in 1943NH:

Kybyshev: It is possible to capture the infantry stack near the starting point without triggering the soviets. Its only infantry, but a 500 stack gives really nice prestige...

Kummersdorf 43:

1. You can capture the allied tank targets. I attacked with my "grand-theft-tank" and ended up with hundreds of captured tanks and ~20.000 prestige for this (I even destroyed a few before... so there is more in this exploit).
2. There were no markers for the upgrade workshops.
3. The tanks and planes count for the unit awards. Its nice... but is this intended?
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Hubbfrosch wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:17 pm Hallo Thomas,

I found a few problems / exploits in 1943NH:

Kybyshev: It is possible to capture the infantry stack near the starting point without triggering the soviets. Its only infantry, but a 500 stack gives really nice prestige...
I guess u used a NoRetaliation, OverwhelmingAttack, ShockTactics combo here. Did u dig it out of it´s trenches or did i forget to entrench them?
Hubbfrosch wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:17 pm Kummersdorf 43:
1. You can capture the allied tank targets. I attacked with my "grand-theft-tank" and ended up with hundreds of captured tanks and ~20.000 prestige for this (I even destroyed a few before... so there is more in this exploit).
2. There were no markers for the upgrade workshops.
3. The tanks and planes count for the unit awards. Its nice... but is this intended?
1. Immo the xp u can gain here is worth more than the prestige, but i´ll think of a way to make the prestige gain 0.
2. I´ll turn on the markers
3. Yes, that was the idea behind using them instead of the target dummies.

sers,
Thomas

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”