World Domination - FINALLY ACHIEVED!

PC/MAC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Greek World.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

TheNewGuest
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

World Domination - FINALLY ACHIEVED!

Post by TheNewGuest »

Over 16 years ago, when I was half my age and a teenager, I made this post talking about wanting to take over the entire map:
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=742

I can’t remember the login details to that account, so I had to make a new one. Since then I’ve gone back to the same save file twice in the years that followed, and yesterday I finally did it!

This is the canon ending to my Persian Empire:

A few tiny, loyal allies I had for decades in-game were allowed to remain. 4 civilizations that owned just 5 settlements.

But I wanted to find out that stats for taking over everything:

My 9 armies in game. The most effective army is just 32 generals. They can literally defeat over 1,000 enemy troops in a single battle and come out unscathed :D

The final Game Results Page:

The final Trade Screen:

(Bear in mind the final resource totals were disrupted by occasional random events.)

Here are some details:

• This was the 400 BC Rome and Persia Grand Campaign.

• I exceeded the total silver the game allowed you to have several times over. Each time it would reset my silver to 0, but I was making so much each turn it wasn’t a problem.

• It took 4660 in-game months/turns to conquer and develop every settlement, but I definitely wasn't trying to do it quickly. My campaign ended May 12 BC.

• We killed over 400,000 enemies, and had just over 40,000 casualties.

• We won 2368 battles, and lost 18.

• The scenario started with 101 civilizations. There were 1,703,702 casualties over the course of the game.

• Every city was captured by conquest; I turned off vassalisation for everyone, as the game seems to have trouble keeping track of which civilization is dead and which isn’t when they start merging.

• I also turned off empire size affecting happiness, as it was a pain to deal with and unfair in my opinion.

• This was on Impossible difficulty.

Thank you Slitherine for making such a fantastic game!
:mrgreen:
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: World Domination - FINALLY ACHIEVED!

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Heh - that's some solid dedication!

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Spartan & Gates of Troy”