Paul59 Skirmish Mods No Longer Working?

Forum for discussion of the next iteration of the BA engine. This time with a all new open development approach!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

mpetri
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Paul59 Skirmish Mods No Longer Working?

Post by mpetri »

Hello—-

I was trying to play some of Paul59’s excellent mods, only to find that they weren’t working on my computer. Every time I tried to load up a scenario the game freezes and gives me an error message such as “Error: failed to load required asset file” and then the name of a unit such as “US Infantry”, “Alpini”, or “Worker’s Militia”. This seems to be a common message I get throughout the various mods as I have tried loading up four separate of the mods now all to get the same message, which appears whether I am trying to play in skirmish mode or campaign mode.

This glitch does not seem to be affecting the main game or other mods. Is anyone else having a similar problem or know how to fix it?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: Paul59 Skirmish Mods No Longer Working?

Post by Paul59 »

I don't know of any issues.

As a test, I have just deleted by copies of the Spanish Civil War and France 1940 mods, and then redownloaded from Slitherine. They both worked fine for me.

Did these mods work for you previously, when you first downloaded them?

How are you trying to play them? As a Skirmish generator?

If you are getting a “Error: failed to load required asset file” that would suggest that some files are missing from your copy of the mod. Maybe try downloading again might help.

cheers

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
mpetri

Re: Paul59 Skirmish Mods No Longer Working?

Post by mpetri »

Paul59 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:52 am I don't know of any issues.

As a test, I have just deleted by copies of the Spanish Civil War and France 1940 mods, and then redownloaded from Slitherine. They both worked fine for me.

Did these mods work for you previously, when you first downloaded them?

How are you trying to play them? As a Skirmish generator?

If you are getting a “Error: failed to load required asset file” that would suggest that some files are missing from your copy of the mod. Maybe try downloading again might help.

cheers

Paul
Hello—-

Yes, the molds had been working quite well for me previously, and for a long time. I hadn’t played BA2 for a while, and when I recently tried to play one of the mods the glitch appeared for the first time.

The problem occurs both when I try to play the “campaign” scenarios and in skirmish mode.

I will try that, thank you!

Return to “Battle Academy 2 – Eastern Front”