The Prussian Heyday Round 6

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

The Prussian Heyday Round 6

Post by awesum4 »

We have now all played each of the opposing players once. The final round is the battle of Sedan.

For this round each of the French players may nominate two players they wish to play. You can either nominate here or by PM. I will allocate first choices in the order I recieve them. I will nominate second choices for those who failed to get their first choice. Then I will randomly allocate any remaining opponents.

Once I have the opponents sorted I will start the round.
Linkinbrick
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: The Prussian Heyday Round 6

Post by Linkinbrick »

In that case, I challenge SMJohnso77 and Gribol.
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

For the battle of Sedan we will stick to the Prussian player (first named) setting up the challenge. password 1870

Doyley50 plays W_Michael

Gribol plays Ciberpencho

Ironclad plays awesum4

PeterthePainter plays Dilly

SMJohnso77 plays LinkinBrick
gribol
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by gribol »

The battle awaits!
Linkinbrick

Post by Linkinbrick »

My French have bested SMJohnso77's Prussians at Sedan.

Facing superior artillery and being aware of enemy reinforcements underway, the French decided on Captain Haddock style of defense.

I wasn't very optimistic about my chances at first, but swiftly moving into chassepot range proved an effective tactic. The Prussians gave me much trouble at Givenne, but with my troops guarding the north, which wasn't threatened, moving in that direction from turn one, I was ultimately able to stand my ground there, and perhaps even gain a few percent. The rest of the western front quickly began looking quite decent, and ended up going decidedly in my favour, to the point that units from there ended up reinforcing Givenne, which saved me there. In the east and south the fights were a little more perilous, but the dice fell in favour. Which is how ultimately we ended up at 61 to 37.

GG.
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

The French have thrown the perfideous Prussians led by Ironclad back from the crucial city of Sedan, beating them with minimal casualties (40% to 5%)
Rather than wait like trapped rats in a sewer pipe we determined to die as gloriously as weasels in a chicken coop and attacked on all fronts, destroying their foot and cavalry with devastating musketry followed by cavalry flank charges, their puny guns were run down by our magnificent cavalry.
Their final reinforcement weren't close enough to even fire their artillery when the rest of the army broke and ran.

Although the scenario initially appears to favour the French enduring long-range fire until the Prussian reinforcements have arrive and the Prussians launch an assault, after playing the game against several opponents I have found a French advance from the start is a much better idea. Ironclad played staunchly till the end but was overwhelmed from early on.
gribol

Post by gribol »

The Prussians in their unstoppable march occupy Sedan, taking the entire French army prisoner!
The Prussian army began the siege methodically, conducting continuous artillery fire on French positions, causing considerable damage.
After the initial softening of the position, the infantry started the assault. The French launched a powerful counterattack, achieving several local successes, but Prussian discipline and Prussian artillery allowed us to achieve a final, albeit bloody, victory.

Thank you for the exciting gameplay.

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”