Mac - moving units issue

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

Charliecannon
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Mac - moving units issue

Post by Charliecannon »

Is there a problem on the Mac version with selecting and moving units? I cannot work out how to do it and it is ruining the game somewhat
jdmillard
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Mac - moving units issue

Post by jdmillard »

Are you trying to move units with the numpad like in Alpha Centauri and Civilization? Or is the game simply not registering your click commands?
Charliecannon

Post by Charliecannon »

No options on command tab other than guard/skip/hold, not using numerical pad just trying to click and move. When I click the unit it highlights no options and I cannot drag and drop either......?
jdmillard

Post by jdmillard »

Hmm. I'm not sure what it could be. Have you gotten any units to move at all? If so, what were the details.

If it seems hopeless, I'd just re-install the game using a brand new download from a good internet connection and a download manager to prevent any possible data corruption.
Charliecannon

Post by Charliecannon »

No, never got them to move. Will try reinstalling.
gfurst
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by gfurst »

Just so you can be sure:
You select with left mouse, right mouse on where you want to move, the selected unit will open a small interface on the left-bottom side of the screen.
You'll need two button mouse, or enable it if using magic mouse( which you should enable anyway).
jdmillard

Post by jdmillard »

In my Linux multiplayer test yesterday (which was on a less powerful laptop), I had the same problem. The game ran without problems, but I couldn't get any units to move. I lowered the graphics as low as I could, turned off vsync, but kept the resolution set at my screen's native resolution. I exited the game and tried again. It worked. I don't know if this solution would work on a Mac... Perhaps worth a try.
dfinnigan
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by dfinnigan »

I noted the same issue when using 1 button mouse. I tried to use a command or apple key and that still did not work. What worked is when I used plugged in my two button mouse.

Dave

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”