Big Bug in "Panther Hunt"

Tech support for Battle Academy

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

ObiRynDenobi
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Big Bug in "Panther Hunt"

Post by ObiRynDenobi »

I just started a multi-player "Panther Hunt" as the American and my user interface is crippled. It won't let me issue most orders I should be able to (That option is lit up.). I can move some units, sometimes and sometimes not, but almost all orders won't issue. I can't shoot or mount a transport (Even though that same unit mounted that same transport on the previous turn to get there and that option is lit up again this turn, because neither unit has moved or fired yet this turn.)

I can't order any of my units to 'Hold Fire' at all! The option is lit up and available, but like most orders, most times, when I left-click on the square, it does nothing. It doesn't make the big buttons that you can then push to issue that order.

It's not my mouse or my install of the game as a whole. Everything works fine in other scenarios and Pacotor seems to be moving and is shooting me up just fine as the Germans, but I can't shoot back as the Americans or issue most orders in "Panther Hunt" only, at this time.

Anybody got a clue WTF this is or what to do about it?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Big Bug in "Panther Hunt"

Post by pipfromslitherine »

I am baffled I must say. The only unique mechanic in Panther Hunt is that the ranges are radically reduced because of the situation. Does the same thing happen if you create a new MP game of Panther Hunt?

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
ObiRynDenobi

Post by ObiRynDenobi »

Reinstalling Battle Academy and the Mega Pack fixes it (Don't know why moron didn't think of that first!), but it has come back and I had to reinstall the game and Mega Pack a second time. Only 'Panther Hunt' has the problem, whatever it is. Even after it occurs and before I fix it, it only effects the American controls in 'Panther Hunt.' The other games are all fine.

PS -- No download resuming really sucks!!!! I'm really, really, REALLY getting sick of spending 10-16 hours downloading a 2 Gig game only to have the ***** server kick me off with 2 Meg left and NO DOWNLOAD RESUMING!!!!

It wastes a whole hell of a lot more server time constantly re-downloading the same huge file from scratch half a dozen times each before the ***** server finally lets you have it so you can move on to the next one! At this rate I'll still be downloading the 20+ games I just bought in July.

After 78 games, I've bought my last until this site has download resuming. I'm done!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Please avoid the cursing.

If you are having consistent issues with download please contact support as they may be able to suggest some mirrors. They will also be able to check with the server team whether resuming should be working for you. That said, you should be able to reinstall without redownloading the installers - just run them again.

If reinstalling the game fixes the issue then it sounds like something on your system is messing with the files, which is a little odd.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Battle Academy : Tech Support”