Is it on purpose that the Lydian light chariot using heavy chariot model?

melm
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Is it on purpose that the Lydian light chariot using heavy chariot model?

Post by melm »

As the subject states.
Meditans ex luce mundi
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Is it on purpose that the Lydian light chariot using heavy chariot model?

Post by rbodleyscott »

melm wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:54 am As the subject states.
The added units are from TT Mod. There are no new models in TT Mod, only new textures. As there isn't a suitable light chariot model, Paul used the heavy chariot model.

We have been quite clear that the "new" units are from TT Mod. As such, the models won't always be as accurate as if we had the resources to make completely new models. The textures, however, are as accurate as possible within those constraints. If we didn't think so, we would not have included them in the vanilla game.
Richard Bodley Scott

melm

Post by melm »

rbodleyscott wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:10 am
The added units are from TT Mod. There are no new models in TT Mod, only new textures. As there isn't a suitable light chariot model, Paul used the heavy chariot model.

We have been quite clear that the "new" units are from TT Mod. As such, the models won't always be as accurate as if we had the resources to make completely new models. The textures, however, are as accurate as possible within those constraints.
That's fine. I thought the chariot may wrongly use the heavy chariot model instead of two-horse light chariot.
Meditans ex luce mundi
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

melm wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:15 am

We have been quite clear that the "new" units are from TT Mod. As such, the models won't always be as accurate as if we had the resources to make completely new models. The textures, however, are as accurate as possible within those constraints.
That's fine. I thought the chariot may wrongly use the heavy chariot model instead of two-horse light chariot.
Fair enough, but the only 2-horse light chariot models we have are Celtic, Indian or Elamite, none of which are as suitable as a basis for Lydian chariots as the heavy chariot model.
Richard Bodley Scott

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

melm wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:15 am

As Richard has said, the Carthaginian Heavy Chariot model is the most suitable model available. I needed something that looked vaguely Greek and armed with light spears, and there is nothing else available.

To be honest, I have always regarded it as a placeholder model in the mod, and I have a note to remind me to replace it if a more suitable model becomes available. Although as justification for using a 4 horse chariot, I would mention that Libyan chariots are categorised as light in the FOG table top army lists, and yet they are known to have 4 horses.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.

Return to “Field of Glory II - 1.5.26 Open Beta”