Editor

PC/Mac : Approachable and innovative WW2 strategy game on the east front played at the operationsal level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

KageToraUK
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Editor

Post by KageToraUK »

I read somewhere there was going to be an editor for this game, however I cannot seem to find it.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Editor

Post by IainMcNeil »

Not that I'm aware of - sorry.
mass09
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by mass09 »

It will be included with the next update.
Finally, starting with the 1.04 version of Unity of Command, a scenario editor will be provided, enabling the community to create further historical and what-if scenarios. Please note, that the scenario editor will be provided as an update to the base game, purchase of Red Turn DLC will not be required.
cedonxp
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by cedonxp »

Is there a manual for the editor? I didn't see one or reference in the users manual. I bought the steam version of this game. I am trying to create scenarios and at some point DLCs but I am just groping around trying to figure things out.
KageToraUK

Post by KageToraUK »

I'm the same. Not really sure what I am doing. I made a small scenario with just a few units to test the editor out for the first time. When I saved it (Save as...) I opened it up in the game, and it was there. However, I won immediately as soon as the game started, as I had forgotten to set the Russian hexes. So, I did that, and added a few troops, and saved it under a different name, and now neither of them appear in the game. No idea what's happened there.

I even copypasted one of the scenarios into the actual game scenario folder, and it still didn't appear.

Kage

[EDIT] - I worked it out. I had forgotten to place objectives. Only then will the game show up, it seems.
Last edited by KageToraUK on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cedonxp
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by cedonxp »

Try this one. Kursk 43viewtopic.php?f=168&t=43467. I played it last night. Going to make it 10 turns and add more russian reinforcements. I think I pushed it too far though. Slow in the beginning because of so many units but moves quicker at the end. I had fun. I see a lot of potential.

Play it and let me know what you think. Its my 1st Scenario.
cedonxp
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by cedonxp »

How do you make a campaign?
rexhurley
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by rexhurley »

I have a Steam version on the main page go into Manual and the Editor notes are on page 41 as for actually finding the Editor hmm pass :?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

the editor now is on the first page when you load the game if you run the latest patch that is, and is very good, i've altered all the battles so far, and given time will be doing some of my own, as the engine is very easy to use and i do like the UI and layout, all i need now is plenty of free time to enjoy myself

Return to “Unity of Command”