Balancing

Battle of the Scheldt Beta Forum

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, Battle of the Scheldt Beta Forum Moderators

LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Balancing

Post by LandMarine47 »

For anyone who has played, please post any balancing issues or suggestions here as me and Cavehobbit would like some more info for the Next Build. So far we think the 1st Scenario is fairly balanced but the 2nd and 3rd haven't been played. 4th Scenario we have concluded the Germans need to be buffed down considerably
Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Balancing

Post by Navaronegun »

LandMarine47 wrote:For anyone who has played, please post any balancing issues or suggestions here as me and Cavehobbit would like some more info for the Next Build. So far we think the 1st Scenario is fairly balanced but the 2nd and 3rd haven't been played. 4th Scenario we have concluded the Germans need to be buffed down considerably
Woesdrecht is overwhelmingly pro Allied. Counter Stroke is pro Allied, but a bit better. The lack of German transport combined with the quantity of Allied Indirect Fire units in the North make it tough sledding for the Wehrmact. A sea of suppressed units attacking over an open plain. Bergen Op Zoom is nicely balanced, it's anyone's scenario.

Pat aka Navaronegun
I think the best way to describe our operations to date is that they have violated every recognized principle of war.
General Eisenhower, Supreme Commander Allied Expeditionary Force, on the Tunisian Campaign, 27 DEC 1942.
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Really? In Woesdrecht-Hoogerhiede we buffed down the Allies very considerably! Now I don't want for you to take any offense to this but sometimes it's not the units, but the commander. How many times have you played, and what is the caliber of your opponent? Is he a rookie or cold-blooded veteran?

As for Bergen that is not true! Of you fighta veteran like Cavehobbit, you won't even make it past the entrance....
Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Navaronegun »

LandMarine47 wrote:Really? In Woesdrecht-Hoogerhiede we buffed down the Allies very considerably! Now I don't want for you to take any offense to this but sometimes it's not the units, but the commander. How many times have you played, and what is the caliber of your opponent? Is he a rookie or cold-blooded veteran?

As for Bergen that is not true! Of you fighta veteran like Cavehobbit, you won't even make it past the entrance....
You could be right on Woesdrecht..my opponent is better than I am. However, he cleaned my clock extra good. ..or...be them fightin' words? Did you just challange me? :)
I think the best way to describe our operations to date is that they have violated every recognized principle of war.
General Eisenhower, Supreme Commander Allied Expeditionary Force, on the Tunisian Campaign, 27 DEC 1942.

Return to “Battle of the Scheldt Beta”