Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Dunstkreis
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Dunstkreis »

When I play Defenders of the Reich, always after turn 6 the game freezes during the Soviet move.
First some action from the Soviets are happening and after that: nothing.

I tried it several times, any idea how to fix this?
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

Hi in need some help for some reason i am getting scripting error in my game when every i pick up my cashes that are on the map
rafstaff
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by rafstaff »

Hi, i was playing yesterday in the new dlc and managed to get to operation teufel, but now when i am trying to load my save the game is just shuting down and i have something like that, i have tried to check the game files via gog and it is downloading some files (234MB) but when i am trying to load save again its still shuting down the game, any help?

this is what i recieve:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000018

PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!AUnitActor::AssembleBody() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\Unit\UnitActor.cpp:291]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!AUnitActor::SetWorld() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\Unit\UnitActor.cpp:145]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameState::AddUnit() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\GameCore\GameState.cpp:187]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameEngine::LoadUnits() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\GameEngine.cpp:151]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameState::xproperty_units_meta::Access::Move() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\GameCore\GameState.h:55]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!BinMetaData::Read<GameState,std::unordered_map<int,unique<Unit,std::default_delete<Unit> >,std::hash<int>,std::equal_to<int>,std::allocator<std::pair<int const ,unique<Unit,std::default_delete<Unit> > > > > >() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\Common\BinSerializer.h:708]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!BinSerializer<MultiplayerEngine,void *>::Read() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\Common\BinSerializer.h:564]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameEngine::LoadGame() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\GameEngine.cpp:584]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!AGame::Initialize() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\Game.cpp:80]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!TBaseFunctorDelegateInstance<void __cdecl(UWorld *,UWorld::InitializationValues),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy,`AGame::Serialize'::`11'::<lambda_1> >::ExecuteIfSafe() [C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateInstancesImpl.h:838]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UWorld::InitWorld()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UEngine::LoadMap()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UEngine::Browse()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UEngine::TickWorldTravel()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UGameEngine::Tick()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Tick()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!WinMain()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\a01\_work\12\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

rafstaff wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:29 am Hi, i was playing yesterday in the new dlc and managed to get to operation teufel, but now when i am trying to load my save the game is just shuting down and i have something like that, i have tried to check the game files via gog and it is downloading some files (234MB) but when i am trying to load save again its still shuting down the game, any help?
Could you please attach your saved game?
rafstaff
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by rafstaff »

and also i have no idea why i cant buy any new standrad units or add transport (sdkfz) to the infantry- right now this new dlc is completely bugged for me and great shit- price is twice higher than last dlc on gog, lot of bugs, bad translation and of course again shity scenarios where you only skip script through all mission
rafstaff
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by rafstaff »

yes, i have to find them
Skipper42
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Skipper42 »

I've experienced several crashes with the new Axis '46 DLC yesterday:

LoginId:b3f199ba4089ee20af8463bbc837db58
EpicAccountId:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000018

PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UUnitClass::CreateFigure() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\Unit\UnitClass.cpp:911]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!AIconFactory::Tick() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\Gui\IconFactory.cpp:106]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!AActor::TickActor()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FActorTickFunction::ExecuteTick()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask<FTickFunctionTask>::ExecuteTask()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FTaskGraphImplementation::WaitUntilTasksComplete()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FTickTaskSequencer::ReleaseTickGroup()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGroup()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UWorld::Tick()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\a01_work\12\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll

Steps to reproduce:
- Load saved game in attachment
- Click on an infantry unit to upgrade it

Hope this helps to find this nasty bug...
Attachments
Unternehmen O-Go (Runde 0).zip
(402.36 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
rafstaff
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by rafstaff »

i cant find them, but i have crash report files which i also cant attach here
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

rafstaff wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:46 am i cant find them, but i have crash report files which i also cant attach here
I need to try and repeat this crash on my end, because from the callstack I'm not sure what might be wrong. All saves are located in:
[Documents]\My Games\Panzer Corps 2\Saves
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Skipper42 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:44 am I've experienced several crashes with the new Axis '46 DLC yesterday:
Thanks for detailed report. This issue has been fixed and we are trying to deploy the patch asap.

If you don't want to wait for the official release, you can try to install the patch manually.
- Download the archive: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/cr5whhu7 ... jiht3&dl=0
- Unpack it
- Open the game's installation folder
- Copy the contents of the archive to the game folder, replacing any files in the process

Existing saves which crash in the Shop after reload are already broken, the patch does not fix them. But going to the next mission will fix the issue and there should be no more Shop/Upgrade crashes from that point onwards.
rafstaff
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by rafstaff »

it is really interesting, beacuse i dont have file with saves in such localization- i mean- documents, etc, etc, when i enter the game i see saves, but i cant find their localization
Skipper42

Post by Skipper42 »

Rudankort wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:59 am
Thanks for detailed report. This issue has been fixed and we are trying to deploy the patch asap.

If you don't want to wait for the official release, you can try to install the patch manually.
- Download the archive: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/cr5whhu7 ... jiht3&dl=0
- Unpack it
- Open the game's installation folder
- Copy the contents of the archive to the game folder, replacing any files in the process

Existing saves which crash in the Shop after reload are already broken, the patch does not fix them. But going to the next mission will fix the issue and there should be no more Shop/Upgrade crashes from that point onwards.
Thank you and your team for the fast response !
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

rafstaff wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:02 am it is really interesting, beacuse i dont have file with saves in such localization- i mean- documents, etc, etc, when i enter the game i see saves, but i cant find their localization
The name of the saved game file is the same name you see inside the game (plus .sav extension). If you cannot locate the right folder, perhaps it will help to perform a search in File Explorer by the name of a required save?
Skipper42

Post by Skipper42 »

One more issue with '46:
It's very hard to select the target for the Fugaku bomber, if there is a plane hovering above your target hex. Usually you have only 1-2 pixels available to select the attack hex, otherwise the game selects the plane above. This behaviour is worse if you attack a land unit or a city instead of a naval target.
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

rafstaff wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:29 am Hi, i was playing yesterday in the new dlc and managed to get to operation teufel, but now when i am trying to load my save the game is just shuting down and i have something like that, i have tried to check the game files via gog and it is downloading some files (234MB) but when i am trying to load save again its still shuting down the game, any help?

this is what i recieve:

PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!AUnitActor::AssembleBody() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\Unit\UnitActor.cpp:291]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!AUnitActor::SetWorld() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\Unit\UnitActor.cpp:145]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameState::AddUnit() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\GameCore\GameState.cpp:187]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameEngine::LoadUnits() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\GameEngine.cpp:151]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameState::xproperty_units_meta::Access::Move() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\GameCore\GameState.h:55]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!BinMetaData::Read<GameState,std::unordered_map<int,unique<Unit,std::default_delete<Unit> >,std::hash<int>,std::equal_to<int>,std::allocator<std::pair<int const ,unique<Unit,std::default_delete<Unit> > > > > >() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\Common\BinSerializer.h:708]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!BinSerializer<MultiplayerEngine,void *>::Read() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\Common\BinSerializer.h:564]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameEngine::LoadGame() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\GameEngine.cpp:584]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!AGame::Initialize() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\Game.cpp:80]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!TBaseFunctorDelegateInstance<void __cdecl(UWorld *,UWorld::InitializationValues),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy,`AGame::Serialize'::`11'::<lambda_1> >::ExecuteIfSafe() [C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateInstancesImpl.h:838]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\a01\_work\12\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll
had the same problem solved it by disabling vsync and toned down antialasing in the settings
fatty10

Post by fatty10 »

I started playing AO 46, imported my army and started playing no problem. But I can't load my saved games, it crashes every time. I don't have any mods. Quite dissappointed because I absolutely love this series and can't wait to play to this new dlc.

This is the bug report:
LoginId:a23cb5fe47e86a8dc8ab728143fa011c
EpicAccountId:be5f2d9f94a5481487be5618f18c45d5

kernel32
ntdll
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

fatty10 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:35 pm I started playing AO 46, imported my army and started playing no problem. But I can't load my saved games, it crashes every time. I don't have any mods. Quite dissappointed because I absolutely love this series and can't wait to play to this new dlc.
What version are you using (Steam, standalone etc.)? Could you please send me this save? rudankort@yandex.ru
truth80
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by truth80 »

Skipper42 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:25 pm One more issue with '46:
It's very hard to select the target for the Fugaku bomber, if there is a plane hovering above your target hex. Usually you have only 1-2 pixels available to select the attack hex, otherwise the game selects the plane above. This behaviour is worse if you attack a land unit or a city instead of a naval target.
I have the same problem. It´s hard to click on the target for the units, which are bigger on the hex (e.g. the gifted atomic bomber). Especially, if another big one is standing next to or below them.
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Landkreuzer can trigger Overrun without showing Overrun trait in its panel when you use it to attack adjacent targets.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:47 pm Landkreuzer can trigger Overrun without showing Overrun trait in its panel when you use it to attack adjacent targets.
It's kinda a special rule baked into Landkreuzer trait, because other units attacking at range 1 (e. g. artillery) won't trigger Overrun. Probably need to adjust text description of Landkreuzer trait.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”