Panzer Corps comes to Steam

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Panzer Corps comes to Steam

Post by Surtur »

The award-winning strategy game Panzer Corps is now launching an attack on a new platform with its release on Steam!

Thanks to the fans who supported the game with thousands of votes, Panzer Corps was Greenlit on Steam last December. After two months of optimizing and adapting the game to this platform, and implementing 84 unique achievements, Panzer Corps and all of its expansions will finally be out on Wednesday, March the 12th! This means you will have access not only to the base game but also to the 10 Grand Campaigns, Afrika Korps and Allied Corps expansions by mid week!

This project would not have been possible without your full support. In order to thank every member of our current Panzer Corps community, we’re pleased to announce that when the game is available we will be giving a free Steam key to everyone who has a copy of the game, wherever you bought it from. All you need to so is register your serial number here and on release day you will be able redeem your code!

Get more information on Panzer Corps from its official product page.
Delta66
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Panzer Corps comes to Steam

Post by Delta66 »

we’re pleased to announce that when the game is available we will be giving a free Steam key to everyone who has a copy of the game, wherever you bought it from

:D :D :D

That's awesome, thanks a lot can't wait for it and see the new achievements.

How to proceed if my copy of PanzerCorps is allready registered here on Slitherine?
Will I receive a Steam key via email?
MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by MrsWargamer »

I have a complete set of Panzer Corps, my question, will the free Steam key be just for the base game?
I CAN be reached
email me at sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

the way it will work is that once the game is available on Steam you'll be able to generate your Steam key here:
http://www.slitherine.com/my_page

You'll be able to generate a Steam key for each expansion so if you have the entire series you'll be able to activate the entire series on Steam. You can already register your serials in advance.

The only difference is that Allied Corps and Afrika Korps are not stand alone in Steam - they require Panzer Corps. This is due to the complexity of the original setup so we had to simplify it for Steam. The downside of this is that if you only have Afrika or Allied Corps and not the base game, you wont be able to redeem your game until you also buy the base game Panzer Corps.

If you have any more questions just shout.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

Excellent.

Not a total fan of Steam, but I had to indulge way back with Civ V and in for a penny in for a pound eh.

It's a handy thing if you have access to it.

I might go the route of getting is sorted out if for no other reason than it exposes the game a bit more by having it show up in my Steam library.
I CAN be reached
email me at sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by fliegenderstaub »

Will the counter for the achievements start at "0" when registering the game at steam or will any progress up to then be included? I assume the first, but just to be sure. :wink:

I registered the serial numbers via multiplayer. Do I have to register them anew via the link? If yes, do I have to register every DLC I bought over time?
...and like the once-mighty Mahi-Mahi, you will end
up on a poo-poo platter in the Tikki Hut of life! -Al Bundy -
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

It depends on the achievement. Something with a counter for say kills would only start from when the code was added which is 1.23 but others which check the current state rather than a counter will work.
Arvidus
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Arvidus »

Can we expect implementation of Steam Workshop?
hmshood
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by hmshood »

I have Steam for CIV5 (although CIV4 I believe is a more fun)....now if CIV5 and PC-GC on both on...when do one sleep?

hoo-raa

hmshood
fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

IainMcNeil wrote:It depends on the achievement. Something with a counter for say kills would only start from when the code was added which is 1.23 but others which check the current state rather than a counter will work.
Thanks a lot! :) Fortunately that has got nothing to do with the Steam release... :D

To repeat my second question, just in case: :wink:

I registered the serial numbers via multiplayer. Do I have to register them anew via the link? If yes, do I have to register every DLC I bought over time?
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Here some more detailed explanation on how the Steam key registration will work:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1394538963
fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Unfortunately registering won't work, because I already registered via Multiplayer ages ago. I have contacted the support for this. Just wait and see! :wink:
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

If you have played multiplayer your serials will all have been registered automatically. You can look them up here:
fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

IainMcNeil wrote:If you have played multiplayer your serials will all have been registered automatically. You can look them up here:
Excuse my stupid questions, but will I get an automatic Steam key then?
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Yes,if you follow the instructions by tomorrow you should be able to retrieve Steam keys for each serial number you have registered.

Hi guys,

we've had a lot of questions about how the system works so we;re trying to put all the info in one place.

If you have bought Panzer Corps for PC from anyone anywhere you will have a serial. This serial is all you need to get your Steam key. The way the system works is you register your serial and then we issue you a Steam key.

You'll be able to generate a Steam key for the base game and each expansion so if you have the entire series you'll be able to activate the entire series on Steam.

The only difference with the Steam version is that Allied Corps and Afrika Korps are not stand alone in Steam - they require Panzer Corps. This is due to the complexity of the original setup so we had to simplify it for Steam. The downside of this is that if you only have Afrika or Allied Corps and not the base game, you wont be able to redeem your game until you also buy the base game Panzer Corps. We apologize if this causes any inconvenience.

The system to register serials is already live but we cannot issue keys until the game releases tomorrow. To register your serials please go here:
http://www.slitherine.com/register_serial

If you have a combo pack, such as the Grand Campaign Mega Pack or the German retail 1939-1942 Grand campaign, these packs actually include multiple expansions. You must register each one separately, but use the same serial. E.g. if you have the 1939-1942 GC pack from Germany and your serial 1234-8765-1234-8765, you would register the 1939 GC with the serial, then 1940, then 41 then 42. For the megpack you need to do all 10.

When the game launches tomorrow we will turn on the Steam code redeem system. This will be located here:

It is not currently available as you cant redeem your codes until the game launches and we don't want people getting upset when it doesn't work as they didn't read the instructions and wait :)

On this page you'll see a link to redeem Steam codes. On the Steam codes page you'll see a list of all games available on Steam (currently only Panzer Corps and its expansions). You'll see which games you have serials registered for and be able to register additional serials.

If you have a serial registered a button will appear to generate a Steam key. Click the button and the page will update to show your key. This page will track all the Steam keys you have redeemed.

We've tried to make it as universal as possible so it works for everyone no matter where they bought and will work for future releases. We've tested it thoroughly but as always when new software hits the wild there can be issues so if something goes wrong let us know and we'll get to fixing it ASAP.

Thanks again for your support!

The Slitherine Team
fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Ah! "Tomorrow" is the magic word! Must have missed that... :mrgreen: Thx! :)
Soldberg
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Soldberg »

I love Steam ... it makes everything so easy!

Is a publication planned for other game series ... for example "Distant Worlds" or the (complete) "Commander" series?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We will be announcing more games we will be trialing on Steam in the near future.
ElIndio
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ElIndio »

Presumably you will still continue to release stand alone games not requiring mandatory Steam use :?: :!: As said several times, nothing against it but you are one of the few old school developers left whereby you just simply purchase the game and play it...... :wink:
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Steam is just another shop window like retail stores. Nothing will change in the way we do things here.

Return to “News & Announcements”