Battle of Grunwald-Tannenberg 1410

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Battle of Grunwald-Tannenberg 1410

Post by stockwellpete »

This is a joint effort from myself and frankpowerful and is a larger version of the epic battle between the Teutonic Knights and their Polish and Lithuanian adversaries . . .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/154 ... 20PWv2.zip

Any suggestions for improvement are most welcome.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Battle of Grunwald-Tannenberg 1410

Post by stockwellpete »

Updated to version 2 in first post of thread. Army values now at Poles/Lithuanians 1500, Teutonics at 1275(they have a terrain advantage). Many thanks to Turk1964 for help with the recent play-testing. :wink:
ZeaBed
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by ZeaBed »

Thank you for this scenario based on a very interesting battle. For those who might be interested in the historical battle, beyond the gaming aspect, there are several interesting videos up in YouTube. Here's a link to one of them:

http://youtu.be/sJ977-3FAMA
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

ZeaBed wrote:Thank you for this scenario based on a very interesting battle. For those who might be interested in the historical battle, beyond the gaming aspect, there are several interesting videos up in YouTube. Here's a link to one of them:

I love the singing in the middle of the battle! I wish our troops in FOG could do that! :lol:
ZeaBed
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by ZeaBed »

stockwellpete wrote:
ZeaBed wrote:Thank you for this scenario based on a very interesting battle. For those who might be interested in the historical battle, beyond the gaming aspect, there are several interesting videos up in YouTube. Here's a link to one of them:

I love the singing in the middle of the battle! I wish our troops in FOG could do that! :lol:
There is singing also in a Total War II video that helps identify the side it is showing (Slavic anthem).
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

I am just learning to do screenshots. Hopefully this is the starting positions of the Grunwald scenario . . .

Last edited by stockwellpete on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ZeaBed
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by ZeaBed »

I love that battle map! Wide, spacious and varied.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Cheers Zeabed. I have just been shown how to re-size the screenshots so this should be clearer now. :D
ZeaBed
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by ZeaBed »

I've been away from gaming from a while now, pete. But I recently re-played this game with a live opponent and it is a terrific and exciting scenario. There is something about this battle... I don't know what it is, but your scenario captured it.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Thanks very much, Zeabed. We are using it for the final of the Eternal Empire themed event in the FOG Digital League. :wink:
ZeaBed
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by ZeaBed »

stockwellpete wrote:Thanks very much, Zeabed. We are using it for the final of the Eternal Empire themed event in the FOG Digital League. :wink:
The scenario is a natural for competition play.

Coincidentally, I just found a reference to this battle in an anniversary notice on wikipedia. If it's gameable I think it would be an ideal scenario for you, the master of the Scottish Renaissance! I don't believe I've seen it among the FoG offerings, so it must be an unexplored battle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Solway_Moss
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

ZeaBed wrote:
stockwellpete wrote:Thanks very much, Zeabed. We are using it for the final of the Eternal Empire themed event in the FOG Digital League. :wink:
The scenario is a natural for competition play.

Coincidentally, I just found a reference to this battle in an anniversary notice on wikipedia. If it's gameable I think it would be an ideal scenario for you, the master of the Scottish Renaissance! I don't believe I've seen it among the FoG offerings, so it must be an unexplored battle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Solway_Moss
Yes, I didn't attempt that one before as it was a bit of a non-event but I will look at it again when the Unity version of FOG is released. I am not doing any more scenarios until then, in fact. Once that is released I have Fulford Gate 1066 to finish and Stamford Bridge 1066 to do plus I have got Skidmore's new book on Bosworth Field (the version I have already done was based on William Seymour's book which is now very old - mid 1970s). But the first thing will be to gradually check through all the scenarios I have done and adjust if necessary because of the new coding. :wink:
ZeaBed
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by ZeaBed »

Is it called the Unity version now? I wonder when it'll be released. I just stopped doing scenarios altogether; don't even know if any of the custom ones can be adjusted to the new coding, but I'm sure you know much more about it than I do. I'm a bit of a Ricardian, so if you recommend the Skidmore book, I'll look it up. Well, enough of hijacking this thread for my own benefit. :roll:

Return to “Field of Glory : Scenario Design”