Version 10.0.0 Crashing on Playstation

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Forensic4Life
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Version 10.0.0 Crashing on Playstation

Post by Forensic4Life »

Updated to Version 10.0.0 last night and noticed immediately that something is now causing the game crash during every round of gameplay, usually when control is given to the AI regardless of quicksaves.

Unfortunately one of the crashes has also corrupted the data meaning I've also lost my progress.

The game has become unplayable which is a shame because I love it, I can't get more than two rounds into a campaign before a crash corrupts the data and I have to restart.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have any work around? Could someone look into this please?
PQSlopdrop

Re: Version 10.0.0 Crashing on Playstation

Post by PQSlopdrop »

Yes! The same crashing issues are happening to me. Very disappointing! Love this game! PLEASE address this issue ASAP!
AdmiralYamamoto
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by AdmiralYamamoto »

Sirs, I do not know how this game works with PlayStation but your crashing errors sound like something that happened to me about 6 months ago with the game loaded on my PC. I believe at that time it was some missing or outdated files with Direct X or Unity Player. These are some sort of files that many games access to run correctly. I suspect that this new V10 needs some updated Direct X files. Many of us had a problem getting this new version to work on our PC's and the fix below seems to have taken care of most of the issues. You may want to try a similar process with your PlayStation system. Below are the instructions I wrote for the PC. Good luck.

Success Gentlemen! I got it to work. Here is what I did. I uninstalled OOB V10. You should probably also uninstall any earlier versions if they still exist. V10 should have overwrote them though.

Next download the "installer" program and not the "update" program. This installs V10 of OOB from scratch since the uninstall has removed it. The installer program will probably try to default to the Program Files so you may have to select a different folder to save the files to. Most computers don't allow you to install new things in the Program Files folder. Also download the DLC Updater. You can find both of these in the Slitherine Store.

Run the installer program. At the end of the installation a screen shows up with the Direct X box checked. I left it checked so that the installer would update my Direct X since I did not know how old it was. This part of the installer did find some new files to install. I do not recall the Updater program asking this question. I suspect that our problem has been that our Direct X program was not up to date.

You also need to reinstall your DLC's. Here is where you use the DLC updater. Run this program. Select the DLC's you own and type in the key numbers. If you do not have them written down go to your "My Page" on Slitherine to find them again. You have to have one DLC registered to access the Multi Player games.

The V10 install created a new shortcut icon on my PC. It has the green background with the lizard on it instead of the of the soldiers. Clicking on this takes you to a new startup screen. Clicking on Play loaded up my usual two version screens. One is for the original version and the other is for MicroMod since I have MicroMod loaded on my PC. Clicking on these opened things up like normal. I did have to reenter my UserName and Password the first time through. It did remember it after that.
Admiral Yamamoto
PQSlopdrop

Post by PQSlopdrop »

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately the PS4 PRO only allows you to either install the complete app, delete the complete app or manually or automatically install any app update. There are no other file types available, as on a PC. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail… I even reset the PS4 PRO and swapped to original HD from upgraded SSD. The same crashing issues still occur. All other games are working great! This is definitely an app update bug that needs to be addressed… Cheers!
PQSlopdrop

Post by PQSlopdrop »

Installed the 10.0.1 patch today. Seems to have helped some but the game does still crash way to often. Currently playing Blitzkrieg Yugoslavia. Anyone else on PS4 Pro having crashing issues?
Forensic4Life

Post by Forensic4Life »

I'm downloading it again now, will report back, crashing doesn't bother me too much if it once ever two hours or something like it used to be because autosave is in place but if it corrupts game saves still there's no point.
PQSlopdrop

Post by PQSlopdrop »

Yes. Crashing every few hours is acceptable I suppose. Now the new crash problem occurs whenever I or the AI attempts to land paratroopers. The game crashes as soon as the paratrooper hits the ground from a plane…

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”